Home

Looking into Creating a 2K13 Roster for PS3!

This is a discussion on Looking into Creating a 2K13 Roster for PS3! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Looking into Creating a 2K13 Roster for PS3!

Gentlemen,

I am possibly looking into creating a PS3 roster that will reflect the current seasons roster in the NFL for franchise purposes. I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping some of you can answer so I can avoid some pitfalls others have made.

What is the best editor to use in order to create a PS3 roster. Currently I am messing around with the NFL2k5 game save editor but I keep getting a "cannot save any adjustments because it will corrupt save file" so I am unable to edit any of the older PS3 games saves?

2. What was the issue with stats getting messed up in seasons 2-3 in franchise mode? I noticed in Gill's new roster he claims he corrected this issue so what was the cause of it? Was it due to editing player's years in the NFL?

3.Aside from NFL2k5Rosters are there any other helpful websites specifically providing information for PS3 user's?

4. Why are there two types of files provide Roster/Franchise? Can't you just start a franchise using the updated/edited roster file on the PS3?

My goal at this point is to create/provide a NFL2K5 that is as accurate as possible to the 2013 NFL rosters. My main focus will be the teams depth charts and having the correct personnel at each position, player attributes, and player in game likeness. I am not concerned with having an accurate schedule for the first season and player pictures are a secondary priority due to the time it will take to find good player likeness photos and add them in. I am going to make this roster set for my own personal use so I figured I would put this information out in the event some of you PS3 guys want to help out in the process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Looking into Creating a 2K13 Roster for PS3!

I'm not an expert on ps3 files, but I don't think they're editable. That's why you're getting that message. I guess the alternatives are editing players in-game only, or getting a ps2 memory card reader so you can convert ps2 files to the ps3 format.

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly causes the stat problem. Basically every player in the game has stats coded in them. In the editor there's an option to "clear stats" that will clear the stats on the player. I only did that for rookies since, obviously, they shouldn't have any stats. But for some reason players stats didn't clear during the offseason so you had QB's with 10000+ yds. To fix this I had to simulate a few seasons and take note of which players had this happen to them and then in Finn's editor cleared their stats and the problem disappeared. Maybe changing years pro's allows this to happen. I'm not sure. It's more of a trial and error type of thing.

The difference between a roster and franchise is just the franchise is set up with the current schedule and salary cap. (My roster has real contracts so starting a franchise without altering the cap will cause problems)

Hopefully that clears some things up.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
I'm not an expert on ps3 files, but I don't think they're editable. That's why you're getting that message. I guess the alternatives are editing players in-game only, or getting a ps2 memory card reader so you can convert ps2 files to the ps3 format.

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly causes the stat problem. Basically every player in the game has stats coded in them. In the editor there's an option to "clear stats" that will clear the stats on the player. I only did that for rookies since, obviously, they shouldn't have any stats. But for some reason players stats didn't clear during the offseason so you had QB's with 10000+ yds. To fix this I had to simulate a few seasons and take note of which players had this happen to them and then in Finn's editor cleared their stats and the problem disappeared. Maybe changing years pro's allows this to happen. I'm not sure. It's more of a trial and error type of thing.

The difference between a roster and franchise is just the franchise is set up with the current schedule and salary cap. (My roster has real contracts so starting a franchise without altering the cap will cause problems)

Hopefully that clears some things up.
Gill,

Appreciate the feedback, so from what you're saying the only way to create an accurate PS3 Roster is to do all the editing in game on the PS3 or use the editor to edit PS2 roster/franchise files and then find a way to convert them to PS3 files?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah.

PS3 files are encrypted more securely/differently (?) than xbox and ps2 files so editing them is pretty much impossible at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »