Home

I will be uploading a PS3 Version of Gills rosters soon!

This is a discussion on I will be uploading a PS3 Version of Gills rosters soon! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
Rookie

devils17's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: I will be uploading a PS3 Version of Gills rosters soon!

How about this. Ship me the memory card and the datamax, I'll find a PS2. I've already asked around my friends, and no dice. BUT, I'll buy one at a local gamestore, if I have to.

Ship it to me in Ohio (I see you're in PA). Shipping shouldn't be much. Put it in an envelope. I'll ship it back to you when I'm done. Scout's honor.

If you don't trust a random user on the internet, I understand. But I definitely want to play NFL 2k12 !!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
If any of you guys are interested on purchasing the PS2 memory card from me with the PS2 save files on it let me know, as I said I also have the data max so if any of you were interested in converting the files all you would need is a backwards compatible PS3 and the game obviously. I tried to get it done but it had just become to time consuming.
Well first I'd like to thank you for your valiant effort, we all know A) it sure as hell isn't easy getting a ps3 file, B) not many people are willing to go to such lengths for strangers and C) there is no copy of gil's file for the ps3 anywhere on the net. I'm new here but if you're willing to sell I'd like to take that ps2 memory card off your hands, I'll finish converting it and post it back here in this thread. From the sound of it you already did the ar max step, I'd just need to use a ps2memcard-usb converter to put it on my ps3, correct? If that is the case I'll then copy it from my ps3 on a usb and plug it back here.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #19
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Gentlemen,

I wanted to give you a heads up on the PS3 save file. Long story short I'm not going to be able to do it. I went in around $300 originally into this foray between getting a backwards compatible PS3, ps2 memory card, and the data max. Long story short the backwards PS3 showed up completely unprotected and destroyed more than likely the seller was fraudulent and I had to wait over three weeks to get my money back through pay-pal. The first copy of NFL2k that I purchased (supposedly brand new $20) showed up in used condition and it appeared the seller had taken the game disc and played Frisbee with it in a mud pit.

Right now I have three copies of NFL2k5 (2PS2, 1Xbox) a memory card with the PS2 save files on it and the data max transfer. I wanted to thank Gil for putting the files on a memory card for me but unfortunately I have given up.

If any of you guys are interested on purchasing the PS2 memory card from me with the PS2 save files on it let me know, as I said I also have the data max so if any of you were interested in converting the files all you would need is a backwards compatible PS3 and the game obviously. I tried to get it done but it had just become to time consuming.
Damn, I'm sorry to hear this bro. Guess you can't trust people on the internet lol

No pressure, but do you still have your original ps3? You can still convert the file to help these guys out.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #20
Rookie

devils17's Arena

that works....
Old 01-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
No pressure, but do you still have your original ps3? You can still convert the file to help these guys out.
If not I'm not adversed to buying the memcard and converting it myself, then reposting it here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #22
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
Damn, I'm sorry to hear this bro. Guess you can't trust people on the internet lol

Gil,

Thanks again for the help. I have not done anything in regards to the Data Max or the memory card. So if you want to post a quick step by step here on how to convert the files to a PS3 file I will try it.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
Rookie

devils17's Arena

Quote:
Gil,

Thanks again for the help. I have not done anything in regards to the Data Max or the memory card. So if you want to post a quick step by step here on how to convert the files to a PS3 file I will try it.
I already did
Old 01-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #24
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Gil,

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils17
1) Download the PS2 roster from one of the threads on this forum
2) Move the roster file over to your PS2 via ActionReplay
3) Save the roster file to your PS2 memory card
4) Take the same memory card and took it up to your PS2 memory card reader for PS3
5) After copying it to your PS3, copy the now PS3 roster file to a flash drive
6) Copy the file from your flash drive to your computer
7) upload the file to here/share-space/whatever
8) POST THE FILE HERE!
I've never used on but I'm guessing it'll be something like this.

- Insert the ps2 memory card into the data max
- connect it to your ps3 via usb
- on your ps3 go to Game then possibly PS2 Data Utility or it might show up as an USB
- Open that and hopefully you'll see the 2k5 saves
- Hit triangle and then copy
- copy them to your "virtual" ps2 card
- now insert a thumb drive or some usb hd
- go to your ps2 saves and hit triangle and copy them to your thumb drive
- ZIP the save files on your pc then upload them as attachments here.

Hope it works

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »