Home

GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

This is a discussion on GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2015, 11:13 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: GillBoldberg's NFL 2K4 Roster

2k5 has way better graphics but is a little slower 2k4 has less graphics but moves more fluid with this setup is the most realistic football game that I've ever played

Last edited by rbartlett81; 03-26-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #42
Pro

Up next cincy with 21 blk and 20 run wish me luck
Old 04-06-2015, 12:04 PM   #43
Pro

Yoooo man I'm going to give the team sliders a shot in 2k4
Old 04-07-2015, 02:45 AM   #44
Pro

After playing both games for a bit despite 2k5 having bett er graphics im sticking w 2k4 looking forward to ur roster man
Old 04-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #45
Pro

So I'm using your roster and I'm using the team slider formula to come up with sliders for each team it works really awesome with 2k 4 I was playing a test game last night against the Patriots I was the Raiders and I had one really awesome play my running game was not there I was down 13 to seven in the second quarter Brady was doing a lot of roll out throwing deep over the middle it was pretty good I'm going to start my franchise soon with your roster until the update comes out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
2014-2015 NFL 2K4 Roster

So with the release of Javo's 2K4 editor, we are finally able to edit 2K4 files! Ratings aren't final as I'm still tweaking things. I did play 2K4 during it's release but since I've spent so much time with 2K5, I'm not as familiar with the in's and out's as I am with 2K5. So any feedback is greatly appreciated. Playing a few games and you'll see definite differences between both games. Which means certain ratings boosts/decreases that were mandatory to get 2K5 to play better may not be the case here in 2K4. So it's a learning process for me.

This file is for PS2 only as of now. With the 2K4 editor you can freely convert PS2 files to XBox and vice versa. You do however need a "special" xbox in order to load the saves. Any questions about that process leave a reply in the 2K4 Editor thread.

My Current Sliders/Settings (as of 2/26/15)

Settings
8 minute quarters
Fast speed
Auto subs - 25%/100%

Sliders
Hum/CPU

Blocking - 15/0
Passing - 0/24
Running - 0/11
Catching - MAX/MAX
Coverage - 24/24
Pursuit - 7/MAX
Tackling - 7/7
Kicking - 24/24
Fatigue - 0/0

Current File

- Updated playbooks to match current schemes.
- Updated stadium names
- Stamina works really differently in 2K4 than in 2K5. So you'll notice with my edits a lot of players have really low stamina to try and get better subs in-game. I know you can change the auto subs %'s but that only affects the USER not CPU.

Franchise

Franchise mode works fine by just loading the roster, and starting one in-game. The only bug is that the infamous stat glitch (from 2K5; stats don't reset during the offseason so you'll get ridiculously high stats) also happens here. The good news is it only happens during your 2nd season. During my test sims, the 3rd and 4th (and beyond) seasons the stats are back to normal. No freezing, no slow simulations.

Recommended Franchise settings

Sim Quarter Length: 4 Mins

"Ultimate Team" File

Taking a page from Madden, I've put together an "Ultimate Team" file. What this file contains is about 50 or so legends in the FA pool. Using the fantasy draft option before starting a franchise, you'll be able to mix these legends in with the current NFL players. I was a bit biased with my Legend selections but if you do want certain legends in this file, let me know and I'll add them in in a future update.

Donations

As you know this is a 1 man "team". A lot of long nights were had to try and update this game. But I love it. The rosters will always be free but if you wish to donate you can. Send the donations to nesstah(at)gmail.com via Paypal. Every cent is greatly appreciated!

---
The ps2 zip contains the max file as well as the extracted version which you'll need if you want to use the 2K4 editor. To open the save in the editor you'll need the BASLUS file. Also uploaded is the PS2 Save Builder which extracts (and builds) files from your max files. If you need help with the savebuilder, send me a PM.

Does the fran file do the stat glitch?
Old 04-09-2015, 03:51 AM   #47
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Re-read what you quoted dude. It has all the info.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:39 AM   #48
Pro

Lol sorry was a long day at work

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »