Home

Deleting Players in 2k5 Editor

This is a discussion on Deleting Players in 2k5 Editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
Rookie

inbar17's Arena

OVR: 0
Deleting Players in 2k5 Editor

Is there anyway to delete players from a roster using the 2k5 roster editor? I tried to delete selection, but it never saves what I did.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #2
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Deleting Players in 2k5 Editor

I don't think that option does anything in the editor.

The only thing I can think of is that any player you made that has PBP last name only selected (box next to PBP checked), they show up as a created player in-game. So I guess if you go to the created player list in-game you could delete some players. I've never tried so I'm not sure if that even works.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
Rookie

inbar17's Arena

Thanks man! I also had another question, and instead of posting another thread, I'll just ask here: Is it possible to change out players to the NFL, AFC, and NFC teams? Everytime I try to copy and paste the players, there ends up being an error wit the names. Any thoughts to why?
Old 02-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #4
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Not sure about the error. You would have to make a list of all the players on those teams, then overwrite them with current players. Kind of a hassle.

Or you can use your create-a-team slots and make them that way. In the editor you can change logos, so just give your created teams the NFC or AFC logo (and I believe their jerseys change too) and you should be good. Although with the current format of Team Deion and Team Whoever kind of kills the NFC/AFC thing but it's better than nothing.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:40 PM   #5
Rookie

inbar17's Arena

Well, the thing is I've been working on a 1992 roster for forever, and it's finished except for the All pro teams and the free agents, and that's where my problem happens haha. I can't delete free agents, nor can I change the all pro teams. It's weird, when I'll take a player (say Steve Young) and I'll copy player, and then paste exactly onto a player on the NFL Team (say Ray Lewis) and sometimes when I'll save and load the roster, it'll say name error and the player's name will be Ray Young or Steve Lewis. Kinda frustrating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 05:55 PM   #6
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Ah, that sounds like a name sharing thing. I believe there's a little tutorial in the editors FAQ file.

But basically before or after you paste a player, check the player you're pasting to and see if his first or last name has red text. Red means his name is being shared, so if you change it, it will change all players that are sharing that name.

To fix that, click the [...] button next to the last or first name (which ever is red) and a pop up of all the names in the file will come up. Scroll to the last name you want, or find a name that has an [*] next to it, but make sure it's not being used by any players, then you'll be able to change that name to whatever you want.

So say you want to fix Steve Young, if his last name has red text, click the [...] scroll to Young and select it. If you see multiple names next to "Young" that means those players are also using that name so if you ever change one of those players' name, all those players listed will be changed too. If you scroll to a name with an [*] and there are no names beside it, that's basically a free slot. Choose it, type in "Young", for example, and there should be no red text, meaning it's a solo entry so no one is sharing that name.

Hope that made some sense.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:43 PM   #7
Rookie

inbar17's Arena

Well, I just accidentally deleted my roster editor on accident...any way I could get a link to the most recent one? Thanks again for all the help
Old 02-17-2015, 07:00 PM   #8
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »