Home

Adding Players to draft classes

This is a discussion on Adding Players to draft classes within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2020, 03:01 PM   #1
Rookie

fancyketchup's Arena

OVR: 1
Adding Players to draft classes

I want to add in a small collection of players each season into my draft class in game (maybe 40). I have heard there are edit limits but I am not sure how they work. If I were to edit the draft class in game for about 40 players a season will that corrupt my franchise file after a few seasons due to edit limits or would the limits reset each season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 02:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Adding Players to draft classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyketchup
I want to add in a small collection of players each season into my draft class in game (maybe 40). I have heard there are edit limits but I am not sure how they work. If I were to edit the draft class in game for about 40 players a season will that corrupt my franchise file after a few seasons due to edit limits or would the limits reset each season?
There is a limited amount of space available for the player names in the gamesave file. By default all the players in the game (teams and free agents) do not share names. But the draft class player names are basically 'pointers' to already existing player names.

For the draft class I would suggest the following:
1. Decide which players you would like to add.
2. From those players look to see which names are not in the gamesave you are targeting.
3. Edit the worst Free agents you can find to distribute those names.
4. Apply your draft class.

Here's an example from the TSBTool thread:

Quote:
So you're probably not having trouble adding "Zack Wilson" because his first and last name are very common and should also exist in the save file.
But you may have trouble adding "Shane Buechele" because "Buechele" probably doesn't already exist in the gamesave.
Then you may choose to modify a Player (likely a low rated free agent) like "Clayton Thorson" to be "Clayton Buechele".
But if you're also having trouble adding 'Mac Jones' you may want to change "Clayton Thorson" to be "Mac Buechele" in order to to add both names.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »