Home

9.5.04 - IRONDUDEZ Roster - ALL CUTS DONE AND IR PLAYERS ARE BACK ON TEAMS

This is a discussion on 9.5.04 - IRONDUDEZ Roster - ALL CUTS DONE AND IR PLAYERS ARE BACK ON TEAMS within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2004, 11:36 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: 9.5.04 - IRONDUDEZ Roster - ALL CUTS DONE AND IR PLAYERS ARE BACK ON TEAMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondudez
10 minutes ago :-)
Thanks Iron.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:08 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I'm just curious as to how many of you guys actually think that there is no difference between a guys speed timed in the 40, depending on track conditions and all that as compared to "FOOTBALL SPEED", I have never seen so many post about that one aspect as I have this season....they all seemed to say the same thing speed ,speed and more speed.

I've played real football as many of you have or should and there is a big, I mean really big difference and anyone who has ever played the game will tell you that which is reason why they don't respond to such post as frequently as some of us do.

Guys who have play real Football aren't posting about that rating much....ever wonder why?

In real life Football its totally different and so is Speed on the "FOOTBALL FIELD", if the max is 99 thats fine if a guy is rated close to 95 thats good enough for most guys who play,do you see a lot of post from guys here a while posting about getting a 90 whatever...no you don't most Veteran players don't say much about thoses type things because its not reality for every player to be faster than fast trust me their are plenty of "Vet" gamers at this site that have played "Real" Football that will not post complaining too much about speed wanting to be the next great Randy Moss.

Speed alone does not make a player the next great Randy Moss so why if I may ask are some of you guys so infactuacted with the concept of speed?

These guys creating the rosters aren't that far off are they and aren't they as as realistic a representation to any roster you're going to find and most likely better than VC's release because its going to need some editing too I suspect so what gives with the sudden "Speed "trip?

Holla Back ya'll
i appreciate the info; i've never really thought about it in that regard. however, a simple explanation without the condescending attitude would have been nice.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:10 AM   #19
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I'm just curious as to how many of you guys actually think that there is no difference between a guys speed timed in the 40, depending on track conditions and all that as compared to "FOOTBALL SPEED", I have never seen so many post about that one aspect as I have this season....they all seemed to say the same thing speed ,speed and more speed.

Speed alone does not make a player the next great Randy Moss so why if I may ask are some of you guys so infactuacted with the concept of speed?

These guys creating the rosters aren't that far off are they and aren't they as as realistic a representation to any roster you're going to find and most likely better than VC's release because its going to need some editing too I suspect so what gives with the sudden "Speed "trip?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster,

The problem is that Irondudez is doing the exact opposite of what your saying. He has previously stated that he is adjusting player's speed ratings based off of 40 times. I had asked him earlier why was Anquan Boldin slower than Jerry Rice and the same speed as Ricky Proehl in his roster. He cordially replied that Boldin ran a 4.7 forty coming out of college. While I believe his heart is in the right place, that this thinking is flawed.

I assume VC uses 40 times along with other factors when making their ratings and they gave Boldin somwhere around an 88 speed rating. Irondudez looks at his forty time and gives him a 75. The problem arises when i throw a fly to Boldin and he has a step on his man that he gets caught from behind by Joe Cornerback. Anyone who watched the NFL last year knows in real life Boldin is off to the races.

I am going to assume when VC makes their ratings they are taking "FOOTBALL SPEED" into account that's why I question when people make adjustments based off 40 times. In real life there is no such thing as a speed rating but in video games every point counts. So that's why I was on a "speed trip". But Irondudez told me how he based his adjustments and if i see anything I think is wrong I can edit it myself so no big deal. I just think you open a can of worms once you start changing ratings

As for Irondudez, you are still making the best rosters out there and I'm about to download your latest. Thanks for all the hard work.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:16 AM   #20
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
Rickster,

The problem is that Irondudez is doing the exact opposite of what your saying. He has previously stated that he is adjusting player's speed ratings based off of 40 times. I had asked him earlier why was Anquan Boldin slower than Jerry Rice and the same speed as Ricky Proehl in his roster. He cordially replied that Boldin ran a 4.7 forty coming out of college. While I believe his heart is in the right place, that this thinking is flawed.

I assume VC uses 40 times along with other factors when making their ratings and they gave Boldin somwhere around an 88 speed rating. Irondudez looks at his forty time and gives him a 75. The problem arises when i throw a fly to Boldin and he has a step on his man that he gets caught from behind by Joe Cornerback. Anyone who watched the NFL last year knows in real life Boldin is off to the races.

I am going to assume when VC makes their ratings they are taking "FOOTBALL SPEED" into account that's why I question when people make adjustments based off 40 times. In real life there is no such thing as a speed rating but in video games every point counts. So that's why I was on a "speed trip". But Irondudez told me how he based his adjustments and if i see anything I think is wrong I can edit it myself so no big deal. I just think you open a can of worms once you start changing ratings

As for Irondudez, you are still making the best rosters out there and I'm about to download your latest. Thanks for all the hard work.
I'm glad you can see that to I also questioned the speed ratings based on real life physics of the game and only in a video game would such a thing occur as far as pure speed goes you really can't measure that except by a known "VALUE" and something related to a pre-fixed value can not be fully equated to a 40 time in a video game its all based in digital points in reality there is really no such reference to gage it to other than a reference point and known factor equating to a time reference converted to a scaled down simulation we see as speed, thats all I'm saying and I'm glad you can understand the under lying point here, speed is not the "Factor" and I'm not trying to piss anybody off but its a fact and a hard reality.

My intention was not to upset anyone but to get them to see the reality in requesting these super human speed ratings thats all, if you've played Football then you can adjust accordingly because you know the difference, thats all I'm saying bro and its not condensending its a wake up call to look at those numbers again and see something more then 99,98,97,96 ect.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 09-07-2004, 01:27 AM   #21
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

I agree on the speed thing. 40 times and football speed are two different animals. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth though...Irondudez, you and XROB have done a hell of a job and your work is GREATLY appreciated.

If you decide to "polish" the Sega official roster, please post a doctored and an un-doctored speeds version for us could ya?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 01:38 AM   #22
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I agree on the speed thing. 40 times and football speed are two different animals. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth though...Irondudez, you and XROB have done a hell of a job and your work is GREATLY appreciated.

If you decide to "polish" the Sega official roster, please post a doctored and an un-doctored speeds version for us could ya?
Thanks Doc only a guy editing rosters seeing them in a more realistic manner could see the merit in adjusting so many players in a video game.

And to those who feel as if I was being condesending I wasn't I was only be a "Realist" because a little know fact for those of you who don't know, "SPEED" is over rated as far as a criteria for a players whole complete make up, you need more then speed in order to be competative and balance out your attributes.

Holla Back ya'll

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »