Home

OK I think I Finally Figured it out

This is a discussion on OK I think I Finally Figured it out within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2004, 05:17 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: OK I think I Finally Figured it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
You would think, but 2 things one they cant cause then they would be admitting a "mistake" and 2 they would say something like "well consistancy is what seprates the good players from the bad" This is true but the way the game is designed VC represents this in a whorrible manner, by having thier players go jackass on us and not do anything.
I wouldn't view it as them admitting a mistake if they fixed it. I would see it as a way to strengthen their fanbase. How awesome would that be if they made the necessary adjustments to improve the overall gameplay AI. That' a win win in my book. We would get better gameplay and Sega/VC keeps their fans happy.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:19 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Well, I bumped up the 49ers to 80+ Consistency, and here’s what I observed:

The good – The running game is great, and I’ll have to bump up Tackle and Pursuit sliders. They’ve been close to 0 because the D players tackle and attack too good this year, IMO. I always like having my sliders mid-way if possible – more choice in adjusting either way then. Also, all running backs Strength and Break Tackle can be lowered and adjusted, allowing for more variation in running styles. I had to lower Jamal Robertson down into the 40’s because he was knocking Derek Smith over all the time. Even power backs can be adjusted, so that every team’s power back isn’t just 75 Strength, 80 Break Tackle like they are now.

The not so good for me personally – Lots of dropped balls from DB super hits, which I don’t like anyway in this year’s game – overdone, IMO. My Coverage slider was @ 0, BTW. Also, it screws up CPU vs CPU games somewhat. The CPU D is just too good for the CPU O. But this isn’t an issue for most people, obviously.

I have to say, though, that it’s great playing when there’s a sense that CPU players’ skill levels are similar to NFL caliber. It definitely feels a lot tighter and cleaner as a game – nowhere near as much AI idiocy.
Your last statement was the main reason I did this "Nowhere near as much AI idiocy". All the other things can be fixed, I think the biggest problems was the brain lock the players would get. NOw I am assuming you played niners vs niners in a game right?
Old 09-07-2004, 05:23 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by queens211
I wouldn't view it as them admitting a mistake if they fixed it. I would see it as a way to strengthen their fanbase. How awesome would that be if they made the necessary adjustments to improve the overall gameplay AI. That' a win win in my book. We would get better gameplay and Sega/VC keeps their fans happy.
I agree with you 100% but you are going to open a Pandoras Box if you do this. Imagine what else people are going to be saying if VC fixes this. They are going to be asking for a million and one fixes. Just like in Madden right now EVERYONE knows about the fatigue glitch, this is a flat out glitch game killer but EA refuses to fix it, they just threw a bandaid on it and said ok no more fatigue in online games. The only thing they would fix is a "feature" that would not work like last years madden and the import thing on xbox.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:18 PM   #20
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Interesting thread here and true some teams jump in their overall ratings which should be expected.

To get over all that I just pulled up the Pro Bowl teams and observe from there and guess what...plays great and smarter gameplay all around.

It appears you've hit a nerve somewhere and have provin a point about that edit you perfomed it does work.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 09-07-2004, 06:43 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Interesting thread here and true some teams jump in their overall ratings which should be expected.

To get over all that I just pulled up the Pro Bowl teams and observe from there and guess what...plays great and smarter gameplay all around.

It appears you've hit a nerve somewhere and have provin a point about that edit you perfomed it does work.

Holla Back ya'll

I just played a game G-men(me) vs. Panthers and Thier D-line ripped my oline up, but again it was all realistic no cheap stuff Jenkins and Peppers are beast. Man this is makeing this a new game. Your right we need to figure out how we can adjust the rarings to get them inline a little better
Maybe IRON could figure something out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 07:08 PM   #22
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I just played a game G-men(me) vs. Panthers and Thier D-line ripped my oline up, but again it was all realistic no cheap stuff Jenkins and Peppers are beast. Man this is makeing this a new game. Your right we need to figure out how we can adjust the rarings to get them inline a little better
Maybe IRON could figure something out
I myself am not sure just which attributes you'd need to adjust for the overall to fall in line but I do know from what I'm seeing is that it just plays better.

The thing about finding what needs adjusting is subject to personal preference as in "style" over "substance"....I'd rather have substance anyday if I can get better "gameplay"...an example: is it better to be "faster" or be "smarter" and appear to have some intelligence and thus being in the right place at the right time.

For now I'm pretty much satisfied with the findings and test results figured out by myself, Doc HMcCoy and others in his thread because they focus on gameplay issues and have so far been giving me great results.

Your findings are somewhat simular in looking at these particular player attributes which have a greater impact on the game as opposed to just cranking up speed ratings and other attributes that are over hyped.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 09-07-2004, 08:08 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
The thing about finding what needs adjusting is subject to personal preference as in "style" over "substance"....I'd rather have substance anyday if I can get better "gameplay"...an example: is it better to be "faster" or be "smarter" and appear to have some intelligence and thus being in the right place at the right time.
With Consistency up, speed isn't a big issue. (It isn't really anyway, but even more so here.) I ended up dropping Barlow's speed by 10 points to 76 because he was plowing over people and just too good. But it made little difference – he was still picking up 4-5 yards a carry. Actually, it did make a difference in that it gave the two runners (I’ve got Robertson’s speed @ 91) and the game play some tangible “substance”. With Consistency up like that you can really look at creating different running styles using speed, agility and break tackle. For example, a 72 speed, 56 agility, 83 break tackle HB with 93 consistency can be effective in his own way.

Ram – Yeah, 49ers vs 49ers.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:26 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I agree with you 100% but you are going to open a Pandoras Box if you do this. Imagine what else people are going to be saying if VC fixes this. They are going to be asking for a million and one fixes. Just like in Madden right now EVERYONE knows about the fatigue glitch, this is a flat out glitch game killer but EA refuses to fix it, they just threw a bandaid on it and said ok no more fatigue in online games. The only thing they would fix is a "feature" that would not work like last years madden and the import thing on xbox.
That may be true regarding the "Pandora's Box analogy. However, I feel that excuse, if used by the developers is a cop-out. If there is a documented problem, which this is, and they have the ability to fix it or make it better, than VC should do it. We understand that there are some glitches within the programming of a game that cannot be addressed until next year. But those areas that can be fixed through ratings, attributes, or patches should be addressed, in particular the db AI.

If they dont than so be it. But all of this tweaking takes away from the essence of playing. And isn't that what the developers want us to do. I mean seriously, there are hackers cracking the codes to this game to create and editor so we can fix the things the developers came up short on.

I am enjoying the game and the work that everyone has done to create the rosters and slider settings and such. They all should be commended for their time and effort. But VC has to know what the big issues are regarding db AI or franchise, etc. If they can fix it or remedy it before next year than just do it. Everyone who loves this game would be thrilled even more. There is nothing more frustrating than to get burned on a play b/c my db decided to run in a circle instead of covering his man.

Sorry for the rant but it had to be done. And I will try your edited rosters tonight. Nice job, hopefully you are onto something here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »