Home

[XBOX] Historic Rosters - ALL TEAMS

This is a discussion on [XBOX] Historic Rosters - ALL TEAMS within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2004, 03:40 AM   #57
Rookie

ntwing1's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: [XBOX] Historic Rosters - ALL TEAMS

Hey Capa!!...Should've known that anything with the classic teams I'd see you pop up sooner or later..lol(it's JC from Indy,aslo known as 'Bears4051' you did the '65 bears for me and '76 Steelers for madden '01 and '02) What I've done is that I put in my Madden in the pc and just copy your rosters onto ESPN2K5 as well as my madden on my Xbox...would like to see your finished product of the classic teams for espn 2k5 with the ratings...email is ntwing1@yahoo...
Thanks as always..
Old 10-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

these are great!!
Old 10-23-2004, 10:21 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwing1
Hey Capa!!...Should've known that anything with the classic teams I'd see you pop up sooner or later..lol(it's JC from Indy,aslo known as 'Bears4051' you did the '65 bears for me and '76 Steelers for madden '01 and '02) What I've done is that I put in my Madden in the pc and just copy your rosters onto ESPN2K5 as well as my madden on my Xbox...would like to see your finished product of the classic teams for espn 2k5 with the ratings...email is ntwing1@yahoo...
Thanks as always..
Hi JC,

Yeah...I have been a classic team junkie for years now. For Madden, High Heat, MVP, ESPN...the list goes on and on. I can send you the teams I have worked on...but please know this: I change the ratings on the players for a few reasons:

1) want to better represent realism - a player on the 56 Giants, for instance, is smaller, lighter, and slower than the player in the 70's -90's. Thier ratings should represent that. So that if you pit the 56 Giants against the 89 49ers, it is going to be a real challenge for the Giants to stay competitive. Not impossible, but your gameplan and play calling will need to be creative.

2) I tend to play coach mode only and the defense has a real unfair advantage this year in the game. QBs throw too many INTS is the main problem, but there are others. So I adjust the def backs catch ratings, agility, etc...to allow the offense to be a bit more successful.

3) Player ratings across the board and all positions are tweaked. Off linemen shouldn't be rated 60-70 in speed. I have them all in the 20-50 range for the most part. Def linemen are a bit slower than the offense and that is represented as well.

Anyway, if you are still interested in the classic teams I have edited, not only for ratings, but for all attributes, let me know and I will email you a zip file. This goes for anyone here as well...

Chris

[email protected]
Old 10-23-2004, 10:06 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't change playes ratings because people tend to hate when you do that. Although I would like to know what kind of changes you do to make the QBs pass better. Meaning is there a set number you bump up all the QBs ratings.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:23 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
I don't change playes ratings because people tend to hate when you do that. Although I would like to know what kind of changes you do to make the QBs pass better. Meaning is there a set number you bump up all the QBs ratings.
Yeah...that's why I edit these teams and don't post them for download. I send them to people who ask for them, but I don't post for dl. Changing the ratings is not such a big deal with the historic teams because you can't use them in franchise mode. So you don't have to worry about rookies coming in the next year with ratings that are out of whack in comparison to the rest of the league.

For the QBs, you really have to raise all the Passing attributes into the 90's. The Pass Read Coverage one is key and should be between 95-99. In addition, Composure should be raised into the 90's as well. The superstar QBs should be between 95-99, but even the lesser QBs should be above 90 for all the passing attributes. Remember, these are classic teams and most of them have been in or won Superbowls/Championships. So you are dealing with the cream of the crop here.

WRs need their catch ratings raised too. NFL players should all have catch ratings from 85 - 99 for WRs and RBs. Thier Run Route ratings should be upped about 10-20 points as well.

Adjusting the DBs means lowering Agility (how fast they close in on the receiver) about 20 points, make their Catch rating 0, make their Aggressiveness rating 0 (10 for Safeties), and lower their Coverage rating 10-15 points. This helps open up some space between receivers and DBs.

Linebackers should have their Catch rating 0 and Jump rating 40. Their Coverage rating should be lowered 10-20 points too. This also helps open up some passing lanes between the receiver and defense.

All of these changes go hand in hand with whatever sliders you are using as well. I use a set of sliders that have Passing at about 32 and Catching maxed out at 40. The defensive sliders are basically all 0, except Pursuit is at about 6. Sliders are a personal thing and all based on your skill level of playing the game. I tend to play Coach mode only so these kinds of settings work for me. But they may not be right if you control the players, so you have to experiment a bit.

There is a great thread in the regular posts here that deals with ratings adjustments. Search for threads by HmMcoy and baa7 I believe.

Hope this helps...

C

Last edited by capa; 10-24-2004 at 10:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2004, 02:34 AM   #62
Rookie

ntwing1's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Hi JC,

Yeah...I have been a classic team junkie for years now. For Madden, High Heat, MVP, ESPN...the list goes on and on. I can send you the teams I have worked on...but please know this: I change the ratings on the players for a few reasons:

1) want to better represent realism - a player on the 56 Giants, for instance, is smaller, lighter, and slower than the player in the 70's -90's. Thier ratings should represent that. So that if you pit the 56 Giants against the 89 49ers, it is going to be a real challenge for the Giants to stay competitive. Not impossible, but your gameplan and play calling will need to be creative.

2) I tend to play coach mode only and the defense has a real unfair advantage this year in the game. QBs throw too many INTS is the main problem, but there are others. So I adjust the def backs catch ratings, agility, etc...to allow the offense to be a bit more successful.

3) Player ratings across the board and all positions are tweaked. Off linemen shouldn't be rated 60-70 in speed. I have them all in the 20-50 range for the most part. Def linemen are a bit slower than the offense and that is represented as well.

Anyway, if you are still interested in the classic teams I have edited, not only for ratings, but for all attributes, let me know and I will email you a zip file. This goes for anyone here as well...

Chris

[email protected]

Hey chris..just emailed you..just to let you know, I have MVP 2k4 for the pc as well so if you have anything 'classic' I'd like to see some rosters as well.
Thanks again..

JC
Old 10-25-2004, 12:02 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yeah...that's why I edit these teams and don't post them for download. I send them to people who ask for them, but I don't post for dl. Changing the ratings is not such a big deal with the historic teams because you can't use them in franchise mode. So you don't have to worry about rookies coming in the next year with ratings that are out of whack in comparison to the rest of the league.

For the QBs, you really have to raise all the Passing attributes into the 90's. The Pass Read Coverage one is key and should be between 95-99. In addition, Composure should be raised into the 90's as well. The superstar QBs should be between 95-99, but even the lesser QBs should be above 90 for all the passing attributes. Remember, these are classic teams and most of them have been in or won Superbowls/Championships. So you are dealing with the cream of the crop here.

WRs need their catch ratings raised too. NFL players should all have catch ratings from 85 - 99 for WRs and RBs. Thier Run Route ratings should be upped about 10-20 points as well.

Adjusting the DBs means lowering Agility (how fast they close in on the receiver) about 20 points, make their Catch rating 0, make their Aggressiveness rating 0 (10 for Safeties), and lower their Coverage rating 10-15 points. This helps open up some space between receivers and DBs.

Linebackers should have their Catch rating 0 and Jump rating 40. Their Coverage rating should be lowered 10-20 points too. This also helps open up some passing lanes between the receiver and defense.

All of these changes go hand in hand with whatever sliders you are using as well. I use a set of sliders that have Passing at about 32 and Catching maxed out at 40. The defensive sliders are basically all 0, except Pursuit is at about 6. Sliders are a personal thing and all based on your skill level of playing the game. I tend to play Coach mode only so these kinds of settings work for me. But they may not be right if you control the players, so you have to experiment a bit.

There is a great thread in the regular posts here that deals with ratings adjustments. Search for threads by HmMcoy and baa7 I believe.

Hope this helps...

C
could you send me the teams that you have via email?
Old 10-25-2004, 01:20 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Hope this helps...

C
Actually I don't play historic teams. I put two historic teams together and watch them both play. I do agree with your rating changes 100%. I guess VC left out the overall ratings of the historic teams so people wouldn't get upset at how low some of these players ratings really are. I'll use your guidelines on some of my saves and test it out. Good looking out capa.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »