Home

Those with TPAT's Roster (PS2)

This is a discussion on Those with TPAT's Roster (PS2) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Modified Tpat Roster for PS2

First off, I understand Tpat is swamped with classes, so one can only assume there won't be a roster update. That being said, I've decided to update a little bit for myself. I'm not sure I will post my file because I don't want to look like a jerk posting someone else's original roster, all credit would be given due to Tpat of course if I did decide to post it.

Now, during the progress of roster editing there are some really big restrictions that have annoyed me a bit. The biggest of them all is the created player restrictions. Tpat has amazingly done 47 created players from scratch. What I was wondering if anyone would mind if I created some other players over let's say, offensive lineman, kickers and punters? I've already done the kickers (there's not much) except for Bironas. The offensive lineman are pretty high quality so I haven't touched them. But, I have been working on creating some big name/fan favorite players that were missing from the orginal update:

#s indicate place created in PLAYER CREATE section of roster:

3. QB Bruce Gradkowski (TB)
7. HB Maurice Jones-Drew (JAX)
13. QB Jared Lorenzen (NYG)
14. WR Marques Colston (NO)
15. FS Dawan Landry (BAL)
17. CB Devin Hester (CHI)
20. TE Leonard Pope (ARI)
21. QB Charlie Whitehurst (SD)
22. QB Dan Orlovsky (DET)
37. SS Jarrad Page (KC)
39. QB Brodie Croyle (KC)
40. CB Karl Paymah (DEN) - Needed to create him due to loss of Darrent Williams.
41. QB Jason Campbell (WAS)
45. QB Andrew Walter (OAK)

Speaking of Darrent Williams *R.I.P*, I was unable to remove him from the roster, so instead I chose to release him into free agency with all marks at ZERO, however his Strength and Leadership ratings reflect "99" respectively.

In addition to some created players, I've tried to update the rosters and depth chart as much as possible. But, running into the road block of deciding whether or not to delete offensive lineman Tpat has created has temporarily sidelined my attempts to finish.

It'd be great to hear some input, please ask any questions, remember I'm not an expert, I just want to help out the community in some way. take care.

**update (2:58pm)***

Roster is finished and ready to be put into franchise. Depth charts have all been reordered to their real life counterpart and the majority of retired (unable to delete) players like Emmit Smith, Jerome Bettis are rated at ZERO throughout their ratings.

DON"T FORGET: This file is in .MAX format, which is for Action Replay for the Ps2. I don't have any other format than that, if someone wants to convert it they may.

Credit is due to TPat, I just updated his base roster the best I can.

And finally, after 8 hours of roster editing....it's game time!
Attached Files
File Type: zip matt10_2007ESPN_NFL.zip (281.3 KB, 357 views)

Last edited by Matt10; 01-26-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Re: Those with TPAT's Roster (PS2)

bump for those that haven't noticed. take care.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Prays that its PAL
Old 01-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Sorry man, NTSC.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Post your roster in this thread as a zip file, I want to see if they will work with ESPN NFL 2K5 on the PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

Well, this may help. The reason I do a franchise is becasue I use another roster to create 2 teams with rookies (I actually use one roster based on the most recent 2K official update and one from the original 2K roster so I have access to some players in multiple positions. For example, in the last update 2K put out, Mark Simineau is an OLB, but in the original roster he is an ILB. So if I want him to be an ILB, I just put him on the export from the original roster, if I want him to be an OLB, I put him on the export from the latest update. I did this with several players, and the original roster also provided faces for many of the new P/Ks because it had a lot more of them than the latest update had). I then import the two teams into the franchise over two existing teams.

Here is the scenario. I use the 49ers and the Browns. So I load a whole new roster, create the max 54 players that will fit on a team (some from scratch, some from other players), then put them on the 49ers. I do the same thing with the Browns. I then go into my edited roster and move a bunch of retired vets onto the Browns and 49ers. These players will get erased when I export the 2 teams over them. Meanwhile I have distributed the actual 49ers and Browns players to the other teams whose players are on the imported Browns and 49ers so I can trade for them later (but don't move anyone from the Browns to the 49ers or vice versa. Just a moment of thought will reveal why this would result in these players getting inadvertantly erased.). I then turn on the AR Max and put in the low salary cheat so I can make all the trades. I start a franchise controlling every team and trade the players from the imported teams to their proper teams and from the other teams back onto the Browns and 49ers. If I need to trade to a team but don't have anyone to trade, I sign the worst guy for no bonus, make the trade, then go to that team and cut the guy. With the AR Max salary cheat, I have never had a problem with the cap.

Once this is done, I go change the depth charts for each team to reflect reality, or the last one I did with no injuries, and voila! You can either export teams and play in the Quick Game mode, or you can play a franchise. Just uncheck games you don't want to play in the schedule screen.

A few notes: First, do not start your franchise with preseason games if you are using the salary cap cheat. Once the preseason is over, the cheat no longer works, but if you start with no preseason the first season, you can always add preseason games for the second season.

Next, playing the franchise with control of all the teams is awesome. First, and I have some research of my own to back this, you can go team-by-team and adjust the coach's gameplan to the way the team would actually play, and when the computer sims the games, this will be reflected in the stats. I just did this with my own franchise.

I looked at Tomlinson, Larry Johnson, Tiki Barber, Shaun Alexander, and Steven Jackson. The control was the run/pass ration in the middle on the default setting. I then simmed the season with the run turned all the way up, then with the pass turned all the way up. I simmed 5 seasons for each one and took an average of carries over season. Injuries were off for obvious reasons. Here are the results (the numbers are average carries per season):

L. Tomlinson- Normal: 311 Carries, Pass All the way Up: 283 (-28), Run All the Way Up: 351 (+40)

L. Johnson- Normal: 307 Carries, Pass All the way Up: 266 (-41), Run All the Way Up: 344 (+37)

Tiki Barber- Normal: 265 Carries, Pass All the way Up: 248 (-17), Run All the Way Up: 322 (+69)

Shaun Alexander- Normal: 313 Carries, Pass All the way Up: 256 (-57), Run All the Way Up: 348 (+35)

Steven Jackson- Normal: 296 Carries, Pass All the way Up: 250 (-46), Run All the Way Up: 327 (+31)

The degree to which adjusting the coach's gameplan affected the playcalling seems to depend on how good the RB is, how good the team's passing game is, how many carries the RB was getting to begin with, and other factors as well. But you can clearly see that adjusting the coach's gameplan has a dramatic effect on the play calling. This is a great way to make the computer sim games more in accordance with the way a team would really play. There is no way to do this if you don't control every team.

Also you can go into Franchise Options and turn on autosign/cut, auto update depth chart, etc, and I believe the other teams will act just like regular AI controlled teams.

I actually have an updated franchise (more or less), which I will give to anyone who mails me a memory card (in a padded mailer).

Thomas Paterniti
1555 Delaney Drive Apt 1218
Tallahassee, FL 32309

The only team I changed a good bit was the Chiefs. I toned their defense down and added a few players. But I just made them a separate export. Next year my update will be all exports. This will allow every team to have the max 54 players, actually a max 63. The way to do this, is to use the same method as my original one of importing a team, but instead of trading players and exporting the team right away, sim the season first then do it during the offseaon, where you can have a max 63 players instead of a max 54. Just make sure that you reset the rosters before you load these 2 super teams for Quick Play mode. If the computer detects any roster modification before you load the big teams, it will only let you load one. Anyway, as it is, the Chiefs are just an export; the version in the franchise still has their D pumped up. It takes 3-5 hours to go through the whole process of trading and importing so I only do it as a last resort.

And just to make this post even more chock full of technical tidbits, this is just a fun fact: If you edit a roster and save it, when you go into the ESPN 25th Anniversary section, your updated players will be on the teams instead of the historical players.

Let me know if you have any questions about anything. Far from being angry about this, I really wanted someone to help me several months ago and no one would. It took me about 300 hours over 10 months to make this roster, and I wish I had not had to spend all that time myself. Maybe we can work together for next year's update, which will only take about 50-75 hours. If this is interesting to you, I will give you further details, but I think this post is long enough.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com
Old 01-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

(First post has been edited with attached .zip file)

Tpat, thanks very much for your response. I'm relieved you aren't upset, I just know what it's like to spend several hours on a project and then not receive the credit. For instance, when I created an NCAA Mod for Madden 2006 PC.

I'm starting to understand what you mean about the import/export, but bare with me as I'm a bit new to that idea. Being a PC Madden player you have editors that do everything for you (thanks to NZA and Gommo), so the manual idea is starting to sink in. I am going to re-read what you said the next time I feel like editing ( been doing it all day, gotta miss playing the game ).

As for doing some sort of callaboration, I'm all ears - I had two other guys working on my NCAA mod, and that only took a good month - I can't imagine how long it took you to do all the work you did. So notching it down from 300 hours to 50 or 60 would be perfect.

Take care and let me know what you think about the update.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:53 PM   #8
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

I will get back to you as the draft approaches.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »