Home

NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings

This is a discussion on NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2020, 09:06 AM   #97
Rookie

packers's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings

@masterhob50 - All contributions are welcome! It would be nice to have everyone team up to work on one file set. Maybe one day soon this will become a thing.

Team abbreviations:
The team names in the files shared have been changed from OAK, STL, SD to L.Vegas Raiders, L.Angeles Chargers & L.Angeles Rams.

Washington Redskins:
The one HEX change that I tested without success was the Washington Redskins. I'm not familiar with how to edit this via the PBP as the PBP is per player and teams are not editable in the 2K5Tool via GUI. (I would like to understand how you manipulated this)

Player contracts:
This will be good and may provide addt'l buffer to the extended Salary Cap in the Fran file.

Season schedule:
Good catch on the game dates. I have been importing the 2020 schedule when converting the PS2 file, so the PS2 files will show 2020. The Xbox file, I may show 2004. This will be helpful for the Xbox players.

When editing the schedule in the franchise file for the xbox save using the 2K5Tool. There is only the game schedule, no dates/times. The only way I can think to manipulate the date/times would be using Finn's editor with a *.max save.

Thanks for helping, every little bit helps everyone! I'm going to download your files and test them out. I'm very interested in understanding how the Redskins team displays and is acknowledged via commentary in-game.

Thank you!
Old 01-01-2021, 08:20 PM   #98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers
@masterhob50 - All contributions are welcome! It would be nice to have everyone team up to work on one file set. Maybe one day soon this will become a thing.

Team abbreviations:
The team names in the files shared have been changed from OAK, STL, SD to L.Vegas Raiders, L.Angeles Chargers & L.Angeles Rams.

Washington Redskins:
The one HEX change that I tested without success was the Washington Redskins. I'm not familiar with how to edit this via the PBP as the PBP is per player and teams are not editable in the 2K5Tool via GUI. (I would like to understand how you manipulated this)

Player contracts:
This will be good and may provide addt'l buffer to the extended Salary Cap in the Fran file.

Season schedule:
Good catch on the game dates. I have been importing the 2020 schedule when converting the PS2 file, so the PS2 files will show 2020. The Xbox file, I may show 2004. This will be helpful for the Xbox players.

When editing the schedule in the franchise file for the xbox save using the 2K5Tool. There is only the game schedule, no dates/times. The only way I can think to manipulate the date/times would be using Finn's editor with a *.max save.

Thanks for helping, every little bit helps everyone! I'm going to download your files and test them out. I'm very interested in understanding how the Redskins team displays and is acknowledged via commentary in-game.

Thank you!
Here is what I did to update the files at least for the xbox files. I am really curious on how to create the ps2 files so I can replicate the following:

1. For the Washington team what I did was use Bad Al's tool and SET the hex value to Football which is the same length as the Redskins.
2. Then I saved the file and opened up the file in flynn's tool and on the options tab I just selected Generic as the team after navigating to the Washington team.
3. I am working on the salaries of the players using the roster file, once I finish that I am going to load it up and test it to see how the game works within the franchise mode. My initial tests shows a change when the CPU is signing players I have noticed the dollar amount are higher than what you see on the default franchise.
4. I have a number of players to go through at this point I am on the 3rd team which is the Bengals. I will update you on my progress.
5. On the schedule what I did was export out the schedule you had just in case my edits didn't work. Which at first it didn't I got to the last week and had 4 teams that wouldn't allow me to save the last week. But when I cancelled and went back it adjusted correctly on the last four teams. I am still looking into that part for future reference to make it better.
Old 01-02-2021, 10:08 AM   #99
Rookie

packers's Arena

@masterhob50 - I would love to connect with you on Discord. Please join the community and DM me. The Discord link is - https://discord.gg/sBVXzYb

Attached are the Week 16 Ros/Fran that you can use also. (I saw the schedule correction and updated this for the PS save files)

I hope to connect with you in Discord.

Thanks for helping with this years roster effort!
Attached Files
File Type: zip NFL2K21Roster_Week16.zip (1.99 MB, 75 views)
Old 01-04-2021, 06:23 PM   #100
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbudlightlime
You guys are doing God’s work! Thank you so much for keeping this game alive. Playing on a PS2 console and it has been amazing!

Now, if we could only get some dreadlocks on these bad boys, we’d be in business.
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and noticed you said you're playing this NFL 2K5 with updated rosters on the ps2 console itself (not an emulator). I'm trying to do the same thing - do you know where I could find instructions or a tutorial on how to do so? I appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks,
Luke
Old 01-05-2021, 01:59 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukiss14
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and noticed you said you're playing this NFL 2K5 with updated rosters on the ps2 console itself (not an emulator). I'm trying to do the same thing - do you know where I could find instructions or a tutorial on how to do so? I appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks,
Luke
I started the following thread to link to different ways to get the NFL2K5 gamesave files onto your device:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ur-device.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2021, 09:42 PM   #102
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukiss14
Hi,

Thanks,
Luke

Just got this working on my PS2 tonight with freemcboot and open ps2 loader. This youtube video is what I followed and it worked great for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_lYjJEi-Gg
Old 01-17-2021, 08:38 PM   #103
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelsluvr
Nevermind I figured it out. Thanks for keeping this game up to date!!!
I'm having the same issue. How did you make it work?
Old 01-17-2021, 08:50 PM   #104
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers
I worked with BAD_AL who helped me understand the ratings process with his tool along with a lot of other caveats I was unaware of.

Version 4 is a complete recompile from a M21 ratings export I did on 10.8.2020. See above for a list of all that was done to the files.

Yes, the franchise includes the current schedule.

This is the last roster work I will be doing for this season. I hope everyone enjoys the files!

Great job, and supreme effort. Many Thanks! Not bad for a Packer Fan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »