Home

Attribute Info MegaThread

This is a discussion on Attribute Info MegaThread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #1
Rookie

michiganfan98's Arena

OVR: 0
Attribute Info MegaThread

After endless searches on here I’ve decided to put together some information regarding attributes when creating rosters so I don’t have to keep looking. If you know soemthing feel free to add and if you know there is an error feel free to correct me as well. I’m also including a Stat Glitch fix, and if there is enough interest I also have developed a blank google sheet to track things like Awards, top 10 leaders in major categories, Playoff results, and division standings for every season you sim- so let me know if that’s something you guys would like to have. I’m a bit of a historical stat junkie so I can’t just sim a season and forget it 🤷🏻*♂️

— STAT GLITCH FIX —
1. Make two copies of your franchise

2. Sim one week in franchise and see which players are producing the ridiculous stats

3. Open the unsimmed franchise in FlyingFinn’s editor and add 1 year pro to players reporting the ridiculous stats.

4. Problem fixed, you will now have realistic stats and realistic season awards.

— REGARDING THROWING MOTION —

Odd numbered ratings will give you a side-arm release, while even numbered ratings give you the standard, over-the-shoulder release.

I've also tested and see little to no difference between 99 and 98 ratings. And if you look at 2k5's original roster, Mike Vick and Philip Rivers have odd numbered scramble ratings and virtually everyone else has even.

Hope this helps some people. It also helps alleviate that random animation where the QBs "push" the ball instead of throwing it.

-Kevin (Credit to krc1130)

— REGARDING INTERCEPTIONS, AGGRESSION and DBs —

Credit to flyingfinn (I believe). To reduce bad DB animations and lower interceptions, aggression and catch ratings for DBs is recommended to be low. Quoted; “ Aggressiveness is the weirdest rating. I think the manual just says something about how often the player celebrates and bites on play action. But the one position group where it actually affects gameplay is DB's. If you set it too high DB's will do this weird circling ("360") animation before making a play on the ball or receiver. Basically, lower aggression = takes less chances, plays the receiver more than the ball. higher aggression = takes more risks by going for the int/swat. You can check out my thread here (page 25&26) where I discuss my aggression scale a little bit. It's ultimately up to you what you want to use. With DB's I'd probably not go over 50 for aggression.” - FlyingFinn

— REGARDING RUSHING QBS —

I’m not sure if this works but credit to user augustus for possibly finding a way to make CPU qbs scramble more.

Quoted; “ NFL 2K5 has a small number of "unfixable" problems (AI Draft and trade logic for one) which somewhat hold it back from its predecesors; one of those being the QB's inability to scramble the football. Strangely, this was not a problem at all in 2K4, where QB's like mike vick would easily get 50-100+ yards a game.

this problem has finally been fixed and it is strictly through ratings. no special playbooks needed!

-put scrambling, stamina, and aggressiveness at 99-127 (anything past 99 is experimental)

-lower pass read to 10-15

-(you may want to increase the pass accuracy and strength to compensate for the lower read ability)

in practice mode, you will see that the QB will scramble on virtually every passing down, but this balances out much better in a live game because stamina becomes a factor and forces the QB to pass regularly. try it with mike vick and tell me what you guys think.”

— INTANGIBLES and PROGRESSION -

chibears96 notes that players with higher intangible stats (leadership for example) tend to progress better.

user MUSS quoted on composure; “ Composure. Its clutch and awareness rolled into one. Put very high, the cpu will play amazingly better. Composure and leadership up, the play calling is even different (ex: going for it on 4th down). Recievers will not run full speed out of bounds, but do sideline catches. Corners wont do that weird movement when the ball is in the air.

On the most basic level for all positions, it makes it so the players head is on a swivel, focuses on the things its supposed to. With composure low, they look at NOTHING and are usually completely unaware most of the time.”

— REGARDING PERFORMANCE EQ —

Originally Posted by LbzRule
I spoke with Shawn Lee about this and contrary to what people are saying, the EQ DOES have an impact on player attributes and ratings. He said it "squeezes" all the players attributes down to a baseline value.

He said if you have a guy that has a 100 in any thing AND if he is rated overall 100, the EQ squeezes him DOWN to a 90. 70's become 75, 90 becomes 85, a 40 becomes a 60. So essentially what it does is make the bad players better and the great players a bit worse (boost the bad players, decrease the great players to even out the playing field). So Owens, Moss, Holt and Harrison instead of being 100 and catching everything, they are a 90 and alot of their attributes go up or down to a baseline value. This is why the Pats, Ravens and others are easier to deal with when the EQ is on. I dunno, I've beaten eagles, vikings, falcons, and pats with it off when I use the Seahawks so .....
from OS/VGSports

— REGARDING INJURY SLIDER —

The Injury slider is the only one that affects simmed games. Basically, every click = 1 injury per simmed week, so @ halfway, you'll end up with 15-20 or so injuries. (Credit to baa7)

— REGARDING RB/FB BLOCK PICKUPS —

Credit to jsou4646

To achieve proper pass blocking you must give the backs a minimum rating of 85 for them to actually locate and pick up defensive lineman as well as incoming line backers. This is one of the ratings that I have been testing. I am going through each att, testing and looking for improvement in game play.

— IF you have any other suggestions/edits post below! —

Also want to shout out chibears96 for his roster work thus far. I would like to optimize sliders for them sometime soon, but they have been a a blast and challenge to play so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »