Home

Edit 2k5s Roster Yourself?

This is a discussion on Edit 2k5s Roster Yourself? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Edit 2k5s Roster Yourself?

I keep reading how to download updated rosters but can someone explain to me how to edit the rosters yourself? I couldent find a thread on how to do this. This I would like to know for the original xbox if that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Edit 2k5s Roster Yourself?

Okay. I found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKLAPiWVh_w

Which was really helpful but I also could use more info on what to do and what not to do. I read somewhere that you should not edit your players names on the editor but yet in the game? Any truth to this? All I'm looking for now is some tips and tricks to help me edit my own rosters to my liking. Thanks for any info.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3
Okay. I found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKLAPiWVh_w

Which was really helpful but I also could use more info on what to do and what not to do. I read somewhere that you should not edit your players names on the editor but yet in the game? Any truth to this? All I'm looking for now is some tips and tricks to help me edit my own rosters to my liking. Thanks for any info.
Yeah, you should always edit names in game first. The problem with this though is, there is a edit player limit. I believe you can edit anywhere between 150-200 players before the limit is reached. I think I found a way around this though.

For some reason when you import a team(at least the free agents that I know of) in Finn's editor, the edit player limit resets. So if I edited enough players in free agency, and I reached the limit; all I had to do was save the roster where the players already reached the edit player limit, go inside the editor export that same free agent roster that reached the edit player limit. Then I would import the free agent roster onto a different roster file( any roster besides the one that reached the player limit) and the player edit limit will reset and you have 150-200 more players you can edit.

Also, you should try your best not to edit names inside the editor. I tried this once and players whose names that I didn't change started changing. I created Tony Romo one time and once I checked out the Dolphins roster A.J Feely named changed to A.J Romo and Tony Romo name changed to Tony Feely. I have no idea what happened but other players names got screwed up like this too, so I stopped editing players names in the editor after that.

Players names will get screwed up if you copy and paste them in the editor as well. If you copy and paste a player, you have to change their name in game first, then copy and paste them in the editor. Doing this is time consuming but at least you don't have to change the players information(college, height, etc.)once you copy and paste them.

Anyway, I hope this helped and good luck with your rosters. Make sure you save a back up roster file in case something crazy happen and your roster file become corrupted.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for the info man. I dont want to jump into making a roster of any sort until I figure out some of the bugs and glitches that come along with it. You helped me out alot. Imma give it a shot and Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks agian.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks for the info man. I dont want to jump into making a roster of any sort until I figure out some of the bugs and glitches that come along with it. You helped me out alot. Imma give it a shot and Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks agian.
No problem. If you need any more help, just let me know. What year roster you're trying to make, 2012?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
Rookie

2011-2012. Then adjust it accordingly as moves in the offseason happen.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
2011-2012. Then adjust it accordingly as moves in the offseason happen.
Cool. I was thinking about creating a 2012 roster myself but I'm currently working on finishing up a few draft classes that I started. Keep me updated on your rosters and if you need any help just let me know.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:00 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

so do i understand this correctly? you can only edit in the game 150-200 players max. if this is the case then that puts a big damper in my roster making. anyway around this without using the editor? maybe if u saved it as another file or something

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »