Home

Roster questions

This is a discussion on Roster questions within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2004, 12:23 PM   #1
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
Roster questions

Alright guys. I've been away for a while. Could anyone fill me in on the Sega update with the supposed clipping glitch fix? Did it fix any other problems? Are the rosters that you guys are making based off that update? How can I get the Sega update if I don't have XBox LIve? I would like to get my game up to date so I can start myself a nice franchise. Thanks a ton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2004, 05:46 PM   #2
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Roster questions

anyone?
Old 10-06-2004, 09:05 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Roster questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
Alright guys. I've been away for a while.
Welcome back!

Quote:
Could anyone fill me in on the Sega update with the supposed clipping glitch fix?
Sega released a patch that fixes the clipping bug for online play. It was also confirmed that it fixed it for offline play.

Quote:
Did it fix any other problems?
No.

Quote:
Are the rosters that you guys are making based off that update?
The rosters were made based off of the original rosters that shipped with the game. Guys like Irondudez, XRob, baseball88 and a few others were monitoring NFL player movement activity pretty tight, and updated the rosters regularly. On 9-23-04 when Sega released their updated rosters, these same guys updated theirs using the new Sega update. Some of them have made changes to players attributes, some haven't. Either way, you can restore the original attributes by using Finn's Roster Editor 1.3 and above (I think. Current version is 1.6. If you don't have it, look in a couple other threads, as there are links in quite a few.).

Quote:
How can I get the Sega update if I don't have XBox LIve?
For the clipping patch, you can't. You must have XBox Live to download it. ESPN NFL 2k5 comes with a free 2-month trial for it. For the roster patch, you can download it from numerous sources, and use Action Replay to transfer it to a memory card to put on your XBox.

Quote:
I would like to get my game up to date so I can start myself a nice franchise. Thanks a ton.
No problem! Download one of the recent rosters, and go to town. Remember, if you want the clipping bug fixed, you have to subscribe to XBox Live and download the fix, otherwise, you have to just deal with it (I don't get called for clipping but for maybe 1 out of 4 or 5 games), or you can just turn the slider down all the way so it never gets called either for or against you.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal jmulbe and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig huh?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »