Home

My edited rosters......

This is a discussion on My edited rosters...... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2004, 09:52 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: My edited rosters......

Use em for human vs. CPU
Old 10-05-2004, 10:00 PM   #18
Banned

First badgun I don't care what you think, if you want original rosters get Sega's update.
Rickster I used espn's latest update as my base. Like I said I've reworked alot of attributes they are obvious for the most part. As far as why I did it it was because the simmed stats for the other teams were way off, not enough tackles, not enough receptions, stuff like that. Now they are much better (compared to default roster simming at 5 mins) I like what I'm getting done here. Good QB's could never do good against me, I would always hold em to 20-30% completion percent no matter what sliders i used. Now a good QB will do closer to real life, by raising their read coverage they now throw long bombs, intermediate routes and dinks and dunks and they usually hit the most wide open player. I love the way QB's play, play a good one and you'll have a hard time stopping him, as it should be. The running game opens up too cause now you HAVE to worry about getting torched through the air. Anyways I did not post em to get picked apart without you even TRYING them. Play some games then give me feed back about GAMEPLAY, not attributes. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:42 PM   #19
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDKKRB
First badgun I don't care what you think, if you want original rosters get Sega's update.
Rickster I used espn's latest update as my base. Like I said I've reworked alot of attributes they are obvious for the most part. As far as why I did it it was because the simmed stats for the other teams were way off, not enough tackles, not enough receptions, stuff like that. Now they are much better (compared to default roster simming at 5 mins) I like what I'm getting done here. Good QB's could never do good against me, I would always hold em to 20-30% completion percent no matter what sliders i used. Now a good QB will do closer to real life, by raising their read coverage they now throw long bombs, intermediate routes and dinks and dunks and they usually hit the most wide open player. I love the way QB's play, play a good one and you'll have a hard time stopping him, as it should be. The running game opens up too cause now you HAVE to worry about getting torched through the air. Anyways I did not post em to get picked apart without you even TRYING them. Play some games then give me feed back about GAMEPLAY, not attributes. Thanks.
I think I'm starting to understand your point and its well taken trust me. I'm just the kind of person who spends time understanding what works and what doesn't and I most likely play my games different from you and am use to a "Pro Set" style of play and knowing what attributes have been edited is part of understanding why I'm seeing what it is on the field.

I'm probably an older more mature gamer then you are then again I could be wrong, so knowing these things come to me via my gaming experience, so anyway I played a couple of games and for the most part liked what you did but its still a mystery to me as to just what it is you did edit...I know there is a FF 1.6 editor out but haven't seen anyone max out the ranges in the attributes like a 127 rated QB accuracy so I'd like to know is that what you've done to them via the FF 1.6 editor thats all, I'm just curious to know and yes again I did play a couple of games with them one CPU vs CPU and two with me the Chiefs against the Ravens.

When I played I noticed the DB's were all over my recievers and I found very tight spaces to get a good look downfield for open recievers, the DB's had them covered a bit too tight for my style of play and they were rarely fooled on anything I could come up with and were overly aggressive, but the CPU vs CPU games played fairly well except for the overly aggressive play of the secondary and thats my major gripe with the game.

I've since started using Irondudez aka Dudez updated rosters and edited rosters based on HMcCoy's aka Doc and bunch other guys who are part of an unofficial group of guys who are part of a "Fixer" club sorta speak and we've come up with alternative methods of editing rosters via FF editors and theorys behind them that have been tested and proven to work and the preference set of sliders I use are my own and some guys are in line with the ones billharris44 uses or ones modeled after his and mine.

No problem here playing them I just like to know what it is I'm playing with and I still don't know why they do what they do but over all I'd say you did a better than average edit and the gameplay is different with these rosters and they are an improvement over the default.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 10-06-2004, 12:29 AM   #20
Banned

I'm 25 and I am just trying to get the most out of this game.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:46 AM   #21
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
I'm 25 and I am just trying to get the most out of this game.
Well welcome to the club bro, the fact that you've edited the rosters shows that you've seen the same problems we've all run into mainly the play of the DB's they can make the gaming experience really bad but theres hope and it can be tweaked to play much better IMO and what you've done is fine with me if it improves the gameplay so I'm with you in wanting better gameplay.

And I'm an older gamer like I said and do exercise a lot of patience chatting with my fellow members and learning from shared experiences with them so once again welcome to the spot...."OS" great to chat with you.

Holla Back ya'll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2004, 01:13 AM   #22
Banned

Cool, BTW how old are you????
Old 10-06-2004, 02:52 PM   #23
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Cool, BTW how old are you????
You have but one question...."Can a Puma challenge a Lion for the Throne?"

I'll PM that to you since its a question moving off topic her bro,Rickster101 has been around for a long time now and knows many ancient secrets so I'll chat via PM on that topic.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 10-09-2004, 04:17 PM   #24
Rookie

fletcher2332's Arena

OVR: 3
Question Re: My edited rosters......

Quote:
OK here they are....they are a weork in progress so feed back is welcome. YES there are global edits so don't ask, NO I didn't make my favorite team better so don't ask. I mad too many changes to list try em if you want and give me some feed back, I think pretty soon I'll have em close to perfect as I can get em. OH yeah P.S. sim should be set at 7 mins. ANd some stats are a lil off, I'm tweaking to get better QB comp % without making their yardage go sky high, nut everything else is far better than default rosters.
Hey, one question. I have not downloaded your rosters yet, but did you update your depth charts? I hate how I have to go through and put the correct lineup in irondudez everytime. For the most part its right, but usually the injured players are not starting like Milloy, Woodson etc. The main thing is the special teams are way off from the NFL. However he has done the best so far in my opinion. Thanks for answering in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »