Home

NFL 2k5 Rewrite History Mod -Biggest Mod Sports Video Game History!

This is a discussion on NFL 2k5 Rewrite History Mod -Biggest Mod Sports Video Game History! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2021, 01:07 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NFL 2k5 Rewrite History Mod -Biggest Mod Sports Video Game History!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettFavreFan
i’m very new to doing this how to get from the PC to the PlayStation 2 what need to make it work? How do you import the updated roster from the PlayStation 2? Also do you have the old teams available from the original release with the updated roster?
I started a thread here that discusses this topic:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ur-device.html
Old 08-09-2021, 10:36 PM   #34
Rookie

BrettFavreFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD_AL
I started a thread here that discusses this topic:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ur-device.html
@Bad_Al thanks for the info however I looked at your YouTube video for the PS3 backwards compatible unmodded version and it seems the video is a little dated since obviously the roster from then is outdated now. A lot of the links in the description of that YouTube video like rar don’t link to anything for the current rosters.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:03 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Files have been updated I have converted all the ps2 files to xbox and ps3. This also includes 2000-2021 draft classes rosters and franchise files. Sim stat glitch sadly is still an issue and will require going back through each file to fix which is the focus for this upcoming month. Some draft classes have duplicates from previous seasons which hasn't affected much in my testing as they are usually lower rated rookies but also going through and fixing as well. And 2014 and 2015 files corrupted on me so I have to redo those they wont be included just yet. Basically from this point on now with pretty much all files done and converted it will be a process of hex editing each, adding the correct coaches to each file, fixing the sim stat glitch, and salaries are still messed up in some of the base files. And of course quality of life improvements.

I will start doing this with the 90s files since we don't have many of those in the 2k5 universe, then the 80s, 70s etc etc. Just so we can get the classic files fixed up first as they are some of my oldest files, and they can use some polishing.

So check the first few posts as that's where the new files are, along with a folder of draft classes and playbooks I am slowly working on to help the AI with playcalling, substitutions and QB play.
Speaking of 00 to 03 will there ever be a roster for those seasons?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2021, 05:06 PM   #36
Rookie

NVM! thanks!
Old 12-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #37
Rookie

Okay 2000 is not there lol
Old 12-05-2021, 02:32 PM   #38
Rookie

@chibears96

Thanks for doing this. Having ALL of these seasons is AWESOME!

I found a glitch in the 1971 Cowboys. Duane Thomas and Calvin Hill are missing from the roster. Easy enough for me to fix using FlyingFinn's editor. :-)

Thanks again for making these for us!
Old 12-05-2021, 06:04 PM   #39
Rookie

For XBOX, is there any way to extract/copy each of these rosters individually so that each season/year is available for quick play games?

I ask because each roster has the same folder name 3A5936894EBD, so extracting/copying any roster will overwrite the previous one.

Can I extract a roster and change its folder name, or will this corrupt something in the roster? For example, I'd like to extract 1965 and change the folder name to 3A5936894E65, then extract 1966 and change its folder name to 3A5936894E66, etc.

If the roster folder name in the game is just 12 random hex digits, this should work.

Edit: I tested this on my pc, and I can change the folder name in the roster.zip, then use the enf2k5 editor to open the modified roster.zip, and that works! So hopefully, these will load successfully in the game after I get them copied over to my XBOX drive.

Last edited by bbgeek; 12-05-2021 at 06:17 PM. Reason: updated info
Old 12-07-2021, 03:33 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Thanks!
I'm working on that this week along with continuing conversion to xbox as well. Also hoping to have 2022 updated again with free agents, salaries, and corrected player's equipment and finishing up adding as many rookies as possible and such. Also a few more future and fictional draft classes to play around with. So yes definitely looking into converting to .psu and will keep you updated!
Do you have any psu roster links for ps2 nfl 2k5 I cant use max links

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »