Home

Rewrite History 2k22 Roster/Franchise/Draft Class

This is a discussion on Rewrite History 2k22 Roster/Franchise/Draft Class within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2021, 02:41 AM   #17
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Rewrite History 2k22 Roster/Franchise/Draft Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by onin9190
What methodology do you use for the ratings? I am sure Jaylen Waddle will probably be good but what rookie gets a 90+ rating? Why is Ben so low? a 69? I also see the Antonio Brown is in FA and with a 56 rating.
In my newest update he is now an 85 overall.
The ratings are derived from a profootballfocus formula, combined with another formula in excel I use to determine overall ratings, and intangible ratings (consistency composure leadership etc etc).
85 may be high for a rookie but he was highly grade through pff, so the formula really benefited him. I tried to put most rookies at pretty high grades 70-80+ definitely the wide receivers and Kyle Pitts as this was a pretty good top level receiving class.
Also most recievers in the roster have high grades so most rookie WR's will as well.
Big Ben I believe is a little higher now with my latest edits.. I'm pretty sure most QB's are not rated very high either. There is a steep drop off from elite QB's to the next tier and so on. Without that most QB's play really similar, and it becomes harder to tell the difference from the franchise hall of fame QB's and the guys who are just there. So most QB's will be rated low probably to what most people are use to in 2k5. This is also again due to pff formula as their ratings drop pretty massively from the top tier to the average QB's.

Also thanks for the Antonio Brown catch! He is now included back on the Bucs along with Vita Vea and some other players that were missing that was an error and Antonio Brown is rated much higher then 56 I promise
Old 07-01-2021, 03:01 AM   #18
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Alright guys newest update is posted

Each team has been reedited by hand using a chart I've created for determining players overall and teams overall's

16 teams have been run through ourlads for depth chart fixes, rookies on the
team and not in free agency, and missing players added. i'm hoping to fix the other half of teams by this weekend

Teams that are done
49ers through the Cardinals
Saints through the Vikings
Panthers
Bengals

The rosters have now been hex edited
Washington FB Team is now in place for Washington
Raiders show as Las Vegas
Rams show as LA Rams
Chargers show as LA Chargers

Rams and Football Team uniforms have also been changed to fit something similar to what they were now and Football Team is rocking the 92-93 uniforms for now which has the logo removed from the helmet.

Coaches added most may need to be updated some might be the 2020 coaches, but no more Herm Edwards or Tony Dungys for now

Attached is a franchise file for ps3/xbox/ps2 again whenever anyone tries the ps3 version let me know if it actually works.

The franchise file has

gameplans edited for sim stats

teams upcoming draft picks that they've traded in IRL are traded in the game(Bears 1st round pick 2022 is now the Giants. Seahawks 1st round pick is now the Jets etc etc)

Draft classes edited once more(Derek Stingley and Kyle Hamilton were still too low and other changes as well equipment wise with the way too early 2022 rookie class)

It now shows 2021 season in the franchise mode and all the players have their correct date of birth's

Schedule is in mostly correct sadly I cannot get 17 games without breaking the game will be something I research more this weekend to see if it is possible. Looks like there are a hard cap on the amount of games you can have in a season which sucks.

Currently when advancing to the next season you must insert the next year schedule which is attached in this file
to insert the schedule go to finns editor/schedules/load schedule and select which year you're on and done. If you don't add the correct next year schedule teams games get all jacked up its weird.

I've also changed a few teams stadium and defensive schemes

I'm going to continue to work on this but after I finish adding players and depth chart changes using ourlads I'm going to go back and focus on converting all my other rewrite history draft classes/franchise files to xbox and ps3. Make sure you check that out and remember you can add whatever draft class to the franchise mode all my historic ones and any other.
I want to perfect this file but I will put my focus back on the historic stuff so the updates may be a bit slower. So again support is amazing I will probably actually play it some to see how the gameplay is chalk up some sliders and playbooks and go from there!

Last edited by chibears96; 07-01-2021 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:07 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
In my newest update he is now an 85 overall.
The ratings are derived from a profootballfocus formula, combined with another formula in excel I use to determine overall ratings, and intangible ratings (consistency composure leadership etc etc).
85 may be high for a rookie but he was highly grade through pff, so the formula really benefited him. I tried to put most rookies at pretty high grades 70-80+ definitely the wide receivers and Kyle Pitts as this was a pretty good top level receiving class.
Also most recievers in the roster have high grades so most rookie WR's will as well.
Big Ben I believe is a little higher now with my latest edits.. I'm pretty sure most QB's are not rated very high either. There is a steep drop off from elite QB's to the next tier and so on. Without that most QB's play really similar, and it becomes harder to tell the difference from the franchise hall of fame QB's and the guys who are just there. So most QB's will be rated low probably to what most people are use to in 2k5. This is also again due to pff formula as their ratings drop pretty massively from the top tier to the average QB's.

Also thanks for the Antonio Brown catch! He is now included back on the Bucs along with Vita Vea and some other players that were missing that was an error and Antonio Brown is rated much higher then 56 I promise
I will be changing some of the ratings based off of lineups.com. If it is okay with you can I post that in here? All credit goes to you for getting the rosters together.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:33 AM   #20
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by onin9190
I will be changing some of the ratings based off of lineups.com. If it is okay with you can I post that in here? All credit goes to you for getting the rosters together.
You can but the file is rated for sim stat accuracy and gameplay. Most attributes play a huge part in on the field play, and has been globally edited as such to provide good gameplay. So changing alot can get weird. Also changing players grades to a site such as lineups.com which only gives a broad overall rating for each player based between 67-99. It may not translate well to 2k5. Lineups.com has some questionable ratings as well which is why I didn't use it as a be all rating system, and doesn't have any rookies rated. For example they have Von Miller as a 97 overall rating when he didnt play any of last season, and the season before was a down year for him. He is rated as a top 20 player by that account which considering what we've seen recently shouldn't be the case. Also players like TY Hilton and Juju Smith Shuster have similar ratings as Justin Jefferson. So any ratings are going to be fickle, which is why I applied pff formula so my personal opinion is not much at play, and I'm focused more on sim stats and game play. Plus with 2k5's system of player ratings and team ratings it can be a weird translation to get the players to a certain somewhat meaningless overall rating
Old 07-01-2021, 11:35 AM   #21
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Also did a quick video simming 5 years into the future using the rosters and draft classes in the file if anyone wanted to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0L3iIeHfIo

Still perfecting the franchise file as the name issue is becoming a pain and can almost randomly mess with a franchise file. That is still to be worked on, but seeing upcoming college players, and the current rookies developing and progressing(or not) a few years into the future is pretty cool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2021, 01:33 PM   #22
Rookie

gr1014's Arena

OVR: 13

Trevor Lawrence is supposed to wear #16 for the Jaguars, not 17 and there are two players on the Saints that are the same player. Also wanted to know if you could update the PBP names for last name only like for Odell Beckham. Solid roster taking shape though.

Last edited by gr1014; 07-01-2021 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #23
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr1014
Trevor Lawrence is supposed to wear #16 for the Jaguars, not 17 and there are two players on the Saints that are the same player. Also wanted to know if you could update the PBP names for last name only like for Odell Beckham. Solid roster taking shape though.
Thanks! And will do I’ll include it in my next update. And double check the saints players as well
Old 07-01-2021, 04:55 PM   #24
Pro

chibears96's Arena

I did a full CPU vs CPU tournament with 16 random teams on my other pc to test the QB play, and only one QB finished a game under 50% completion rating(which was Tom Brady go figure). And out of the first 8 games 3 QB's were over 60% which was pretty cool to see on default all pro settings 11 minute quarters.

Some gameplay of me being pretty bad at 2k5 as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ZVF1wZIeg&t=609s

Last edited by chibears96; 07-01-2021 at 07:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »