Home

Potential resource for roster building/franchise

This is a discussion on Potential resource for roster building/franchise within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2021, 12:41 PM   #1
Rookie

michiganfan98's Arena

OVR: 0
Potential resource for roster building/franchise

So I personally haven’t done too much editing to know how tangible this is but I thought I’d leave some info here if it could possibly help anyone else. I play an online sports sim called ZenGM- where you have the option to sim an NFL style league all through text based simulation. The league is highly customizable to the point of being able to choose the ages of incoming rookies, the amount of games every season and many others. It also stores data from previous seasons and stats for players. As I said I’m not sure of the tangibility of this program but The possibilities I mainly see are- a database to store season results, team & player stats, but also a player name and possibly attribute generator for incoming rookies using their draft system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2021, 06:54 PM   #2
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Potential resource for roster building/franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan98
So I personally haven’t done too much editing to know how tangible this is but I thought I’d leave some info here if it could possibly help anyone else. I play an online sports sim called ZenGM- where you have the option to sim an NFL style league all through text based simulation. The league is highly customizable to the point of being able to choose the ages of incoming rookies, the amount of games every season and many others. It also stores data from previous seasons and stats for players. As I said I’m not sure of the tangibility of this program but The possibilities I mainly see are- a database to store season results, team & player stats, but also a player name and possibly attribute generator for incoming rookies using their draft system.
I've definitely used this before and never thought of using the program in my roster making. Thank you for pointing this out I'll take a look and see if I can apply any of this to my attribute and player generator formula I've created through excel
Old 07-11-2021, 05:05 PM   #3
Rookie

michiganfan98's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Potential resource for roster building/franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
I've definitely used this before and never thought of using the program in my roster making. Thank you for pointing this out I'll take a look and see if I can apply any of this to my attribute and player generator formula I've created through excel
Hi there!

Awesome mod/roster project by the way. I’m thinking of getting into the YouTube game and chronicling a redraft/rebuild of the famous 1983 draft following the QBs. We shall see though first- need to make sure my pc is capable of running everything first.

Is there anyway you could share that excel file by the way? It sounds really interesting for creating players for fictional drafts that could be aided by zengm and I could possibly look into that as well in my spare time.

I’m kind of a stat/league history guy so the immersion of franchise mode hits me hard sometimes as stats glitch happens and stats from individual seasons become condensed into career stats in 2k5. I know you’ve been working with the files endlessly lol- so a quick question, is there any way to export season stats from 2k5 saves? Assuming the answer is no but I would love to make generic excel type of file where people could keep track of league history like zengm but also player stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »