Home

Complete set of sliders and Rosters for accurate Gameplay PART 2

This is a discussion on Complete set of sliders and Rosters for accurate Gameplay PART 2 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2005, 01:59 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Complete set of sliders and Rosters for accurate Gameplay PART 2

I played a few games with these settings. They're pretty good. However I'm still seeing alot of CPU picks and low completion %. For example, I played a game the other day Saints (me) vs Rams (CPU) and Bulger threw 4 picks and through 3 quarters only completely about 35 - 40% of his passes. He came on in the 4th qtr to make his stats more realistic but for awhile he was awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2005, 06:05 PM   #26
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

first of all let me say great set of rosters/sliders. these make for the most realistic video gaming football experience on the planet. but ive got a question kinda off topic and nobody can tell me anything. i dont really care to sift through several thousand pages of bug/glitch pages to see if this is covered and i know that this is the thread that is visited by the kind of gamers that will be up front. when youre playing 2 player coop, why is it that when youre trying to make linebacker and secondary adjustments, sometimes it will not let you. it either wont zoom out to let you make the adjustments or it'll let you make the adjustments but what zoom back to normal. this is only an issue in coop. please help!!
Old 02-24-2005, 07:12 PM   #27
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson
first of all let me say great set of rosters/sliders. these make for the most realistic video gaming football experience on the planet. but ive got a question kinda off topic and nobody can tell me anything. i dont really care to sift through several thousand pages of bug/glitch pages to see if this is covered and i know that this is the thread that is visited by the kind of gamers that will be up front. when youre playing 2 player coop, why is it that when youre trying to make linebacker and secondary adjustments, sometimes it will not let you. it either wont zoom out to let you make the adjustments or it'll let you make the adjustments but what zoom back to normal. this is only an issue in coop. please help!!
First of all I want to say that Ram209 did do a great job with these and I'm still enjoying them, as for that coop sitution you're having I haven't really played that way myself but as far as them working under normal conditions and gameplay circumstances they're fine IMO.

I'd most definatley go thru the in-game tutorials for the answer to your sitution its nothing found in the game manual so you'd more then likely find it in the games active in-game manual once again perhaps it details the differences when playing coop.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 02-27-2005, 06:55 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Man just had the greatest game ever with these sliders. They are really good and provided me with a challenge to enjoy.

I'm playin franchise mode and I used the edits but I wanted to stick with my old sliders. They were alrite, but the game got way too simple and I routed to the Superbowl easily. So I'm entering the 2005 season with my Jags and I checked back this page and decided to try out the sliders here for my first game.

Woe and behold, my first game is against the Patriots to whom we defeated in the AFC championship game. They probably would've held more of a challenge, but Tom Brady was out with injury as well as Branch and Seymour. So a rematch with the full team was pretty apeasing to me. Anyways the game started out slow, it went back and forth for a couple of possesion leading to a scoreless first quarter. However in the 2nd, everything exploded for my Jags as the Pats seemed to effotlessly murder my offense and defense. On their first possesion of the quarter at 8 minutes remaining, Brady lead his team all the way down to my 20, where Stephen Davis plowed through my line to score the game's first TD. I brushed it off and returned the kickoff to my 40 yard line. But on the first pass, Leftwhich through a pass right into the hands of Eugene Wilson. The Pats used my turnover to score another TD on a 1 yard run by Davis again. I was starting to get pissed, but then on the kickoff, I tried to do too much with Labrandon Toefield and he fumbled it away with Asante Samuel picking it up off the ground and carrying it into the endzone. There was 3 minutes left on the clock and to my dismay, teh Patriots scored 21 points back-to-back-to-back in about 5 minutes. We entered the half down 21-0.

I felt like shutting off the system and replaying another time lol, but I wwanted to see what I could do. I knew I would have to score at least one TD in the third and that's exactly what I did. Jimmy Smith, who was quiet the entire first half, suddenly awoke and caught 5 passes during a 7 play drive that would land us our first points. However it all wouldn't have started off if Troy Edwards didn't catch a monster 50 yard pass on a 3rd and 12. We were down 21-7 and a stop we needed and a stop we recieved as we forced the Pats to a 3 and out. We took the ball at our 40 and drove all the way down to their 29. However Leftwhich was sacked once and after 2 imcomplete passes, we were forced to boot a 46 yard field goal which was good. Score 21-10.
Afterwards we hoped for another stop, but it never came as the Patriots drove all the way to our 30. However we stopped them there, but as Vinatieri came onto the field my sense of success quickly fell. However, he misses the fg. We drive all the way down to their 33 but are stopped again, but Josh Scobee saves us again by drilling a 50 yard field goal. Now 21-13 with 3 minutes left on the clock in the 4th. We needed just one more stop and were happily granted one with just a little over 2 minutes left. We took the ball at midfield after the punt and started our drive. We came to thier 34 and were looking at a 4th and 4, and we tried our run but it seemed as if Toefield was dropped a little before the line for a first. It was measured and during it I was just hoping it would go our way and luck went our way again. I was growing with anticipation to tie the game up, but that feeling was quickly dropped as Leftwhich was sacked for an 8 yard loss. We were looking at 3 and 18 on the 38 yard line with only 1:30 left. A field goal wouldn't cut it as we needed a TD and a miracle. Then on a Play Action, Leftwhich was swarmed by 6 pass rushers and as then he threw a prayer to Reggie Williams. I couldn't believe it, the fool caught it over Tyrone Poole and we were at their 1 yard line. But it's never over until it's over and Toefield came in wanting to make up for his fumble earlier as he ran into the endzone to make it 21-19. Toefield then tied it up after running and diving into the endzone for the extra 2 points. However there was still 50 seconds left on the clock and the Patriots would make good use of that time as they drove all the way to my 35. And once again, as Vinatieri came onto the field I just knew it was over. WIth 2 seconds left, the Patriots attempted a 52 yard field goal.....which sailed just a few inches to the right. I went absolutely crazy after the the miss, We were going to OVERTIME!!

We won the coin toss and took their kickoff to our 34 yard line. After 7 plays it was looking grim for our first drive as we stood at a 3rd and 7 on our 48 yard line. I set up a pass play but quickly saw an opputunity to run and see if I could throw them offguard. Labrandon Toefield is now THE man as he broke 2 tackles and ran 52 yards to the endzone as we won.

I'm still speechless as we overcame a 21 point defecit to win it in overtime.
It was just such a great game, lol wish I could've recorded it. Still really amazed that Vinny missed the game winning kick, especially since i raised the kicking all the way up for the cpu. But whatever, kudos to me for my win.

Last edited by juzjackdup; 02-27-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

I cant view these sliders, can someone post what was changed, i got a ps2..

please..

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
TO be honest with you I have noticed that also So I lowerd the injury slider and came up with some other sliders, try these out and let me know what you think
Old 04-25-2005, 10:43 PM   #30
All Star

OVR: 21

I applaud everyone that's out there working hard on keeping the game updated. But I have to give a special shout out to Ram209 and Ballhollics (sp?) and everyone else involved; this is by FAR the best rosters/slider combo I've seen. PLEASE tell me you guys are doing a draft update. I have had immensely enjoyable games with the roster/sliders; seems like I'm seeing new anims nearly every other game. While there are still some small issues that are inherent in the game's design, the gameplay is tweaked near perfect - I love it. Why aren't these posted in the rosters forum?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I applaud everyone that's out there working hard on keeping the game updated. But I have to give a special shout out to Ram209 and Ballhollics (sp?) and everyone else involved; this is by FAR the best rosters/slider combo I've seen. PLEASE tell me you guys are doing a draft update. I have had immensely enjoyable games with the roster/sliders; seems like I'm seeing new anims nearly every other game. While there are still some small issues that are inherent in the game's design, the gameplay is tweaked near perfect - I love it. Why aren't these posted in the rosters forum?

Whats up Spankdatazz, first off let me say that I agree with everything you say regarding the Madden vs. ESPN etc... I always want to say something then I read what you wrote and I could just copy it and say ditto. Anyways, glad you are enjoying the rosters and sliders, I could update them thats not a problem, I could use someone elses roster with the rookies and do the ratings adjustments that we made. The reason I have not kept the rosters updated is because it seems like people dont like rosters with "human bias" as far as ratings go. I think I did a pretty good job in rating almost all players to thier real life counter part. I also used the 127 max ratings wich it seems alot of people dont like. But if you would like me to do an update thats cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2005, 06:07 PM   #32
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Whats up Spankdatazz, first off let me say that I agree with everything you say regarding the Madden vs. ESPN etc... I always want to say something then I read what you wrote and I could just copy it and say ditto. Anyways, glad you are enjoying the rosters and sliders, I could update them thats not a problem, I could use someone elses roster with the rookies and do the ratings adjustments that we made. The reason I have not kept the rosters updated is because it seems like people dont like rosters with "human bias" as far as ratings go. I think I did a pretty good job in rating almost all players to thier real life counter part. I also used the 127 max ratings wich it seems alot of people dont like. But if you would like me to do an update thats cool.

Well now it sounds like we might be looking at a possible part 3 getting ready to drop soon.

I've alway been supported of your efforts along with Ballhollic from waaay back in the day when the first roster droped along with your sliders and now guys are finally realizing how good they are.

Finally after all this time they're getting the credit they've always deserved,glad to know I was right and you're getting your just props but there was a time when you disapeared for awhile and I understand this is a labor of love and I'm glad you stayed true and stuck with it.

But like I ask you before what took you so long? In any case good to see you back in the mix...and welcome back its been too long so stay around awhile...to quote a phrase from the Matrix..."Welcome back Ram209 we've missed you".

You should have a ball working with that new editor the 1.8 I've read and have heard its a real keeper and can do alot of amazing edits so you should feel right at home using it if you should decide to pick back up on things with ESPN NFL 2K5 where your rosters and sliders really shined IMO.

Holla Back y'all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »