Home

I'm Curious About These Sliders....

This is a discussion on I'm Curious About These Sliders.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I'm Curious About These Sliders....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
So Nick, generally speaking what kind of results do you see with your edits/settings? Is the CPU completion % realistic? And do you feel the INT's are toned down?
In general, I would say both are better but not quite where I would like it. It seems very streaky sometimes so its been hard to gage it. Probably more so with completion %.

There will be quarters where Manning has gone 8/9 for example, but then cooled off to be in the low 50%s. Other games he'll be around that 60-65% consistently.

INTs are better. Rare to have the games with no picks, but games from 1-2 are most common. And of course the occasional 3, 4 or 5 if yer unlucky, heh. Thats combined
Old 07-26-2005, 02:41 PM   #10
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Thanks for the reply....those are some numbers that I could live with.

I will give them a go....do you prefer feedback here or at your forums? Also, I saw your slider settings (have you posted them as an AR file anywhere?), and was curious as to what other settings you use (i.e. quarter length, sub in/out, etc)?

You certainly have done a lot of work and research on these....it is much appreciated.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:42 AM   #11
Rookie

Thanks for posting on the other forums too. I'll copy what I put over there as well incase anyone else is interested...

"I actually didn't think of getting the settings up for download, ha. I will work on that though, good idea. I haven't been able to get anything to transfer over to codejunkies.com though, so I'll probably have it up at Operation Sports.

As for quarter length, I have that set at 11mins (I use as much playclock as possible everytime). Sub in/out I think has been set at 100%/75%? I'll have to double check that. But since the fatigue sliders were raised, and stamina increase across the board in ratings, I know I had to up the sub out%."

Thanks Flyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 11:11 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Rick can I get ur most current sliders for nfl 2k5 I'll be using noplaces roster. I have yo old sliders but I feel its time to change. Thanks.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 08-18-2005, 01:53 PM   #13
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrob
Rick can I get ur most current sliders for nfl 2k5 I'll be using noplaces roster. I have yo old sliders but I feel its time to change. Thanks.

Well as of late I've been using my man Nickchews rosters which by the way could use an update...hear that Nick!!!

I've been working off and on with Nick for awhile,cool guy and funny too and just love the work he's been doing (abit slow though) so I've been keeping in regular contact with him and only making suttle adjustments to the sliders as not to effect their nice balance of strategy and over all gameplay.

In doing some testing on my own I've come up with my own version (3 actually) of what I think are excellent sliders giving credit to NickChew of course who is a great guy to work with!!!

In using them I also have tweak the sliders to fit my game and heres what I've come up with:

Rickster101/NickChews Sliders 11-12 minutes per Quarter "The Game" ver.1
settings apply to both sides:

Blk..........8-10
Pas..........7
Run.........15-16
Cat..........3
Cvg.........15
Prst.........0
Tkl..........0
Kick.........10
Ftg..........3-4
Inj...........19
Fum.........21
Int...........0

All penalties maxed except clipping 5, Inell rec.downfield 20 everything else turned to ON,Playcalling by formation,Game speed Normal or Slow,Performance EQ OFF,Muilt Hot Routes ON

Quarter length at 11-12,reason for my fatigue at 4 is because I have a different concept as to why and what fatigue does to players on the field and feel that 36 is too much even if it does inhance players performace my philosophy is that players should tire and fatigue creating mis-matches on the field and exploiting weakness so 4 fatigue works for my purposes as I see it...players should not be kepted from being fatigued and just plain tired out thats what subs and back-ups are for.

I've used them with Noplaces rosters also and have had good results but not like Nicks, with his they seem to fit just right and were designed to inter-act with his more fluidly.

Basically they fit his rosters and play out for me an excellent game,I've been using NickChews rosters and don't know how they'll perform with Noplaces but you can check em' out and see...also a plug here for Nicks site...check it out lots of interesting and informative stuff going on over there bro!!!

So there you have it bro now all you have to do is simmer and season to your taste and enjoy em' too,I made a few tweaks to fit my game and things are lookin' fine with them!!!

Alright Nick I've just given you a shameless promo now howz about an update anything on the horizon?

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 08-18-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #14
Banned

How can you have catch at anything other than 40? They drop every 3rd pass in this game on default.

It is egregious errors such as these that make your sliders lose all credibility.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:21 PM   #15
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman27
How can you have catch at anything other than 40? They drop every 3rd pass in this game on default.

It is egregious errors such as these that make your sliders lose all credibility.

They work for me and countless others, I think Nicks done a great job working on the base from which these are from,if you've a problem or issue with them then perhaps you'd like to ask him this question yourself as I'm not going to get into this kind of discussion and nit picking about them.

Read what Xrob ask about and when you actually have something other then negative comments to say regarding them visit Nicks site and go to his forums where I'm sure he'll respond but for now I won't bicker and get into the bashing thing out of respect and courtesy for my fellow members this is a reply per request for Xrob please read above post regarding his request and my reply.

I like the use of your verbage however your use of the word "egregious" is waaaaay out of context bro, they are not "outrageously bad"... very poor choice of words to describe these and one I'm sure isn't in the laymens use here as far as just saying what you mean...how many 12-13 year olds would you say use or even come across words like that?

Not many in forum we're in and a word thats probably flow over most guys head here at "OS...Da Spot" just say what you mean so we'll all understand what you're saying here and check out NickChews site its really good and informative.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 04:58 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
They work for me and countless others, I think Nicks done a great job working on the base from which these are from,if you've a problem or issue with them then perhaps you'd like to ask him this question yourself as I'm not going to get into this kind of discussion and nit picking about them.

Read what Xrob ask about and when you actually have something other then negative comments to say regarding them visit Nicks site and go to his forums where I'm sure he'll respond but for now I won't bicker and get into the bashing thing out of respect and courtesy for my fellow members this is a reply per request for Xrob please read above post regarding his request and my reply.

I like the use of your verbage however your use of the word "egregious" is waaaaay out of context bro, they are not "outrageously bad"... very poor choice of words to describe these and one I'm sure isn't in the laymens use here as far as just saying what you mean...how many 12-13 year olds would you say use or even come across words like that?

Not many in forum we're in and a word thats probably flow over most guys head here at "OS...Da Spot" just say what you mean so we'll all understand what you're saying here and check out NickChews site its really good and informative.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Geez man are you trying to write a book. 4 paragraphs response to a 2 sentence remark. I know your trying to be thorough but cmon your not Bill Simmons. Also we know your name is Rickster101 you dont have to remind us both at the end of your post AND in you sig. "the one and only" "class is in session" what are you some kind of legend here? im sorry i didn't know you owned this website. I apologize Mr. Rickster101.

Bottom line every single slider set except for these has Catch at or above 20.

egregious
adj : conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible; "a crying shame"; "an egregious lie"; "flagrant violation of human rights"; "a glaring error"; "gross ineptitude"; "gross injustice"; "rank treachery"

I think my word choice was perfect. BTW in case you don't know conspicuous means easy to notice; obvious. A catch slider at 0 is egregious and that alone tells me "these sliders are garbage".

Are you going to use sliders with Human Running at 40? are you going to use rosters with Ricky Williams rated 96? I didn't think so.

Please dont respond with another chapter of your book. Give me the sparknotes version.

Last edited by mavsman27; 08-18-2005 at 05:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »