Home

I'm Curious About These Sliders....

This is a discussion on I'm Curious About These Sliders.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2005, 02:08 AM   #1
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
I'm Curious About These Sliders....

I know alot of you guys are probably by now fixed on a certain set of sliders and thats cool and all but...

I've been tinkering around with the fatigue and interception sliders in an effort to get a bit more realisim outta my particular settings and thought I'd share/throw out some items on my mind and its not necesssarly about any one exact thing so dont respond as if the "Hardcode" (which does exist) was something from the "Matrix" you are free to think out loud here its my thread speak freely but please do one thing...Respect.

Anyway I adjusted the Interception slider yes that one, set up to 10 thats counting left to right 10 clicks and hadn't really noticed any serious violations as far as excessive picks but I did see a more excertive effort made in getting those crazy bobble,bounce picks kinda like a drill from practice that works in the game these guys earn these picks and it fits what should happen in the "Tip Drills" if you know football...I'm still watching how all this plays out but it makes and explains just what possibly this slider really does the explanation in the in-game manual is just plain lame and doesn't explain jack about its real purpose.

Now don't get it twisted 10 for interceptions is not to be fooled with I don't play like you guys and you don't play like me so be careful I don't want to be the guy that said it was the cure all for whatever ales you but from my view its not as bad as we my have thought...just check it out and say what you think about it...really its ok to think out loud sometimes just respect.

P.S. I've been using Nick Chews rosters and Noplaces latest rosters and of course the sliders are an ancient Chinese secret locked in a very,very safe place that only a chosen few are privilaged to bear wittness to sorry guys I know you all have your own and the secret must be protected but here a clue...."Less is More"...

Pssst hey....over here....Nick sees this and his sliders get it right as I've always stated..."Less sometimes is More".....Fantastic job Nick!!!)

Pssst HEY!!!...."Remember you didn't see anything"...

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: I'm Curious About These Sliders....

You know Rick, I find it a bit odd that you single me out and question my posts, yet you go ahead and continue to post your slider discussions everywhere except where they belong: in the slider forum.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:00 AM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
You know Rick, I find it a bit odd that you single me out and question my posts, yet you go ahead and continue to post your slider discussions everywhere except where they belong: in the slider forum.
What are you talking about I'm curious about the threads topic if you've something to say to me about an issue or something other then this threads intentions please keep it civial and pm me you're outta line here bro!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 07-26-2005, 09:05 AM   #4
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

I would love to find a reasonable solution to thse 2 issues that have been driving me nuts from day one:

1) Low CPU completion %

2) Too many INT's

I play with the INT slider at zero, and player EQ on. I have tried several rosters (NickChew, noplace) and done many edits (stamina to 99, increase pass/read coverage, etc) and so far nothing has consistently solved these issues (especially the INT's).

If you are using a certain roster set and/or slider settings that you feel consistently fix these issues, I would love to try 'em!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:31 AM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
I would love to find a reasonable solution to thse 2 issues that have been driving me nuts from day one:

1) Low CPU completion %

2) Too many INT's

I play with the INT slider at zero, and player EQ on. I have tried several rosters (NickChew, noplace) and done many edits (stamina to 99, increase pass/read coverage, etc) and so far nothing has consistently solved these issues (especially the INT's).

If you are using a certain roster set and/or slider settings that you feel consistently fix these issues, I would love to try 'em!

Strange I find Nick Chews sliders quite good myself of course I use my own variation but with very reasonable results as a matter of fact I use the same set for all of the recent sliders available and they work fine for me I'll revist my old sliders and perhaps update them a bit I think they're due for a check up and overhaul you know tune em' up a bit thats all I'll post something later but right now...I'm Curious.....

P.S. These items or adjustments I'm referencing to here are part of my sliders curently being used by me at this time in conjunction with current rosters recently posted in regards to 2K6 roster updates the same sliders are used for all rosters regardless of weither they have sliders posted with them or not but Ram209 is a complete set and work fine with his edits among a few others out there.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 10:12 AM   #6
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

So with these rosters/sliders you're using do you see far less INT's, as well as CPU QB's making smarter decisions (also leading to a higher completion %)?

As much as I love the game, these are issues that are borderline gamebreakers for me. I really believe they are issues that are hardcoded in the game.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Poor Flyer, every post I see of yours is about the AI QBs with completion % and INTs, hehe. We all feel ya man, thats probably my biggest downer with EA taking over. Not being able to see how VC and the boys would do things this year to help that cause.

Thanks for the props though Rick. We all know its not a fix for any issues we have, well maybe a quick fix, it might seem like it. But I still see stuff that really erks me sometims. But for the most part those sliders have kept me goin on 2K5 and combined with roster edits, have really improved the gameplay.

Here is the low down on how I came about them if interested. I basically started with everything to zero. Evening out the playing field so its just based on ratings. And then would go into practice mode and run the same play over and over and over........and over. Then adjust from their to what I felt was closer to simulation football, or looked better in my opinion. They can always be tweaked I'm sure. But ya get too much into it, and then it takes the fun out of the gameplay.
I'll take it for what it is, the best sports game out so far. And its just that, only a videogame. My standards won't be too high.....well at least until about year 2 of the next gen haha
Old 07-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #8
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

So Nick, generally speaking what kind of results do you see with your edits/settings? Is the CPU completion % realistic? And do you feel the INT's are toned down?

Thanks for your comments.

BTW, it must be difficult being a Vikings fan in the middle of Packer country!

Last edited by Flyermania; 07-26-2005 at 02:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »