Home

radja's default roster sliders

This is a discussion on radja's default roster sliders within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2005, 08:05 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: radja's default roster sliders

when I think about it - there are two main problems

1.) fatigue. I tested it out, and was able to run Bennett over and over with no real problem. I may need to raise/lower the fatigue slider (not sure which way it works) so that I have to sub more.

2.) the spin move is too easy. I'm wondering what the best fix is... upping fumbles (but will that make fumbles too much - and not just when I try moves). Not using it. Or raising tackling. lowering running. or maybe lowering my RB's ball holding skill? so that If i try fancy moves they'll drop more? I'm not sure how to work this.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:08 PM   #34
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericLogin
i actually almost lost a game - which hasn't happened in ages. I won it on a FG at the end.

my only problem is it's still too easy to run.

couple of questions:

which roster are you using? SF is using original rosters and i am using the downloaded last regular season official roster from jan or feb. if you are using edited these will probably need personal tweaking on your part.

second, are you running and blocking at 18 or lower? if you lower it, you will find it harder. i would lower human running first because blocking too low means jailbreaks for the cpu pass rush. i am not the kind to be able to chain multiple runs animations.

lastly, you may want to give them 2 or 3 games to see how the work against different teams. i hope these work for you or enable you to tweak to your liking.

how many cpu ints were there?

penalties are maxed except facemask and holding which are around 20 and clipping is 0 or 10 because of the stat bug which is really irritating to me lately.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:15 PM   #35
MVP

Radja's Arena

Quote:
when I think about it - there are two main problems

1.) fatigue. I tested it out, and was able to run Bennett over and over with no real problem. I may need to raise/lower the fatigue slider (not sure which way it works) so that I have to sub more.

2.) the spin move is too easy. I'm wondering what the best fix is... upping fumbles (but will that make fumbles too much - and not just when I try moves). Not using it. Or raising tackling. lowering running. or maybe lowering my RB's ball holding skill? so that If i try fancy moves they'll drop more? I'm not sure how to work this.

lower fatigue for tiring out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2005, 08:23 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
couple of questions:

which roster are you using? SF is using original rosters and i am using the downloaded last regular season official roster from jan or feb. if you are using edited these will probably need personal tweaking on your part.

second, are you running and blocking at 18 or lower? if you lower it, you will find it harder. i would lower human running first because blocking too low means jailbreaks for the cpu pass rush. i am not the kind to be able to chain multiple runs animations.

lastly, you may want to give them 2 or 3 games to see how the work against different teams. i hope these work for you or enable you to tweak to your liking.

how many cpu ints were there?

penalties are maxed except facemask and holding which are around 20 and clipping is 0 or 10 because of the stat bug which is really irritating to me lately.
I use default rosters. I'm not one who cares much about updating rosters or the like.

I'll lower running maybe - i didn't realize I had it on 18. i'll try 16 tomorrow and see how it works (gf is watching the damn football games tonight so I can't play),

cpu int's I'm not exactly sure - but I think I threw one, and picked off two. I also forced 2-3 fumbles (one on a run, 2nd from the qb before he threw, 3rd on a big hit during the kick return which I got in for a TD)

I'll do those penalties as you said next time I play. Is that clipping penalty where it gives the player negative yards on the play?
Old 09-19-2005, 08:38 PM   #37
MVP

Radja's Arena

Quote:
I use default rosters. I'm not one who cares much about updating rosters or the like.

I'll lower running maybe - i didn't realize I had it on 18. i'll try 16 tomorrow and see how it works (gf is watching the damn football games tonight so I can't play),

cpu int's I'm not exactly sure - but I think I threw one, and picked off two. I also forced 2-3 fumbles (one on a run, 2nd from the qb before he threw, 3rd on a big hit during the kick return which I got in for a TD)

I'll do those penalties as you said next time I play. Is that clipping penalty where it gives the player negative yards on the play?

yeah, the stats subtract all the yards from the run and maybe even add the loss of 15 yards. i like the penalty, but when i complete my crib i will go back to the penalty maybe.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:44 PM   #38
Banned

sweet - I just played the Raiders with the Vikings and lost my first game in who knows how long.

Culpepper ran for 129 yards on 12 scrambles but it was because I couldn't get anyone open and had to wing it.

I didn't have a running back with over 100 yards for the first time in forever!

i ended up lowering running to 16, and i lowered fatigue by 5

game was great. I lost 45-20 and i don't even feel mad. I gave up some huge plays and couldn't get much going myself. I had a really great drive at the end to score my 3rd touchdown. got down the field with under a minute left and made some huge plays.

anyway, I can't wait to get more time tomorrow and keep trying them.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:43 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ok i have tried BHarris or whatevers slider and i cant score out of like the 5 times or so i tried playing with the sliders i went into 4thQ with the cpu leading by 20 or more and me with 0 each time.I see you also got Passing-0 and Catching 40 but why does it seem like my best Recievers cant catch didl squat.My QB is making good passes and they are still bitting them on the hand and dropping it.I cant play on Pro too boring and blow outs all the time.I played All-Pro but it feels very slow.So after trying BHarris sliders are these much of a different form his?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:41 AM   #40
Banned

I've just got to say Bill Harris's sliders were extremely easy. Do this - run your best WR on the outside and just bomb it to him. Try running a slant route to the outside (i think it's called that). You'll catch it almost every time. Which kills the excitement of having to make one of those plays. So I gave up on them pretty quickly.

I was getting rediculous touchdown and yardage numbers when I used his for about 10 games. They made Manning's record last year look like a joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »