Home

I'm bringing them back Team Specific Sliders...

This is a discussion on I'm bringing them back Team Specific Sliders... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Talking I'm bringing them back Team Specific Sliders...

Some of you might remember when this game came out last year I started posting Team Specific Sliders based off of the players ratings in the game. Quite a few of you liked them so I have decided to do it again this year, but with one major change. Instead of basing the sliders off of player ratings I’m doing it off of NFL stats. The problem with doing them from the ratings was the every time you made a roster move you would have to redo the sliders again. Now using the NFL stats you can make as many moves as you want and it doesn’t affect these one bit. You can also use any ones Rosters with global edits or without, it doesn’t matter. Below is how come up with the sliders.

Blocking – Based off of Sacks allowed by team.
Passing – Based off of QB Rating for team.
Running – Based off of Average Rushing Yards per game per team.
Catching – Based off of Average Receiving yards per game per team.
Coverage – Based off Passing Yards given up by Defense per team.
Pursuit – 0
Tackling – 0
Kicking – Bases off of FG Kickers, Field Goal %, this is kicker specific

Then Sort all stats by highest to lowest then rank 40-5, using blocks of 4 teams with 8 tiers, each 4 team block has a 5 slider points drop to the next tier.

Pursuit and Tackling I have left at ZERO for every team since this will give you the best game play I have found in my testing. I tried a bunch of different settings with these two sliders, but I didn’t like any of them and found that leaving them at ZERO gives the best game play.

This first set is based off of the stats for Week 1 of the NFL Season. If people enjoy these sliders I will then release a new set every Tuesday of the NFL Season using the updated stats for each of the above categories.

Now here is how you implement these sliders. Say you are the 49ers and you are playing the Eagles this week in your season or exhibition mode which ever you like. Now look at your sheet and input all the 49ers sliders on the sheet into the Human sliders. Then look at the Eagles sliders and input them into the CPU sliders and you are set and ready to play your game. You will do this same process before every game you play for which ever teams you and the CPU are using. It only takes a minute to do this before each game.

Everything you need is on this 1 page Spreadsheet, including Penalty and Sub In/Out settings. I also include Rankings by team in Offense, Defense and Overall. So you can quickly see what you are matching up against each week.

I have found these sliders to be great and really makes every game you play have a different feel. Let me know what you guys think and if you want me to continue doing weekly updates.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPN Team Sliders (Week 1).zip (4.3 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by DanSF49; 09-15-2005 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: I'm bringing them back Team Specific Sliders...

I've thought that this would be a great idea.....cheers to you.

Question though....what do the columns on the far right mean?

Last edited by daflyboys; 09-14-2005 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:43 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I've thought that this would be a great idea.....cheers to you.

Question though....what do the columns on the far right mean?

The columns on the right dont mean anything. All those show is the totals of the sliders for offensive sliders, defensive sliders and Total combined sliders for each team. Then I just rank them from the best to the worst. It just there for you to see which teams are better in those categories.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:50 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Has anyone tried these with Nick or any other roster file. I'm very curious so help would be very helpful. Thanks please reply asap. Thanks Dan I'll post my thought when I download them and try them out.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 09-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Would these work with the default 2k5 rosters? Or would you need up-date accurate rosters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2005, 08:02 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

I'm curious about a few things:

1 - what is your game speed?
2 - what is the quarter length?

3 - I'm curious if there's a way you can use these in franchise. While they certainly would work with updated rosters on exhibition, I'm not sure how they would be valid in franchise. Because when a team makes a big move - or after a season or two, it really changes the team. Problem with these is they're based off the real NFL team's performance, and not the video game team's players. what was the way you did it before? when it was based on player ratings?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:21 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion
Would these work with the default 2k5 rosters? Or would you need up-date accurate rosters?

These will work with any roster since they are based off of NFL stats.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:24 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericLogin
I'm curious about a few things:

1 - what is your game speed?
2 - what is the quarter length?

3 - I'm curious if there's a way you can use these in franchise. While they certainly would work with updated rosters on exhibition, I'm not sure how they would be valid in franchise. Because when a team makes a big move - or after a season or two, it really changes the team. Problem with these is they're based off the real NFL team's performance, and not the video game team's players. what was the way you did it before? when it was based on player ratings?

1 - My game speed is normal
2 - I usually use 6 or 7 minutes depending on how much time I have to play.
3 - Below is how I did them when using player ratings

SUBTRACT 60 FROM FINAL #

Blocking – Average of Run Block and Pass Block ratings from starting 2 OT, 2 G’s, Center, TE and FB.
Passing – Starting QB Accuracy rating.
Running – Average rating of starting RBs Speed, Agility, Break Tackle and Hold on to the Ball ratings.
Catching – Average Catch rating of top 3 WR and starting TE.
Coverage – Average Pass Coverage rating of starting FS,SS, 2 starting CBs and top 3 LBs
Pursuit – Average Speed rating of all 11 starters on defense.
Tackling – Average Tackling rating of all 11 starters on defense.
Kicking – Average Kick and Punt Accuracy of Kicker and Punter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »