Home

Rickster101 Slider Recommendations...The Truth!!!

This is a discussion on Rickster101 Slider Recommendations...The Truth!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Rickster101 Slider Recommendations...The Truth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Interesting how you've come up with just about everything opposite from what the game designers at VC stated in their response to this topic on their old site in the which I can only assume you didn't read through...they've haven't said nor have eluded to any such thing you're stating here.

And this thread is about the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth not speculation and assumptions...read the designers replies and you'll find out what was actually said by "them"...the guys who designed the game not the ones guessing what does what.

You should reference to the "Designers" interviews and get the facts straight and not believe the "hype"...read what was said in an interactive response featuring answers to issues such as this, reading their field questions and response to fans and viewers would lead to to understand just what the "EQ" actually does...from the source...VC and the guys who actually designed the game!!!

An example would be speed, its not the same for every player pending his position and playing skills they are different, speed for WRs is not the same as LBs speed they are not the same speed even if they read the same again they use different speeds depending on position.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
What is up with the attitude? Sounds like someone needs to relax.

BTW, you are not telling me anything new. I am well aware that speed is different for each position and everything that VC has stated on the topic of EQ (Just because my post count is low on this message board doesn't mean I dont have a clue or am new to gaming and NFL2K5...).

And good job of contradicting yourself by "assuming that I didn't read the game designers at VC stated in their response to this topic on their old site" in this thread that is "about the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth not speculation and assumptions..."

Maybe you should try to sim some games with EQ and test results for yourself instead of getting all bent out of shape every time someone has and opinion different from yourself. If I find that EQ on goods me more competition, I will use it because it gets real boring when you win every game easily. And before you ask, I have tried your 0 sliders, which is pretty good, but still better with EQ on instead of off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2006, 02:55 AM   #42
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub2k4
What is up with the attitude? Sounds like someone needs to relax.

BTW, you are not telling me anything new. I am well aware that speed is different for each position and everything that VC has stated on the topic of EQ (Just because my post count is low on this message board doesn't mean I dont have a clue or am new to gaming and NFL2K5...).

And good job of contradicting yourself by "assuming that I didn't read the game designers at VC stated in their response to this topic on their old site" in this thread that is "about the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth not speculation and assumptions..."

Maybe you should try to sim some games with EQ and test results for yourself instead of getting all bent out of shape every time someone has and opinion different from yourself. If I find that EQ on goods me more competition, I will use it because it gets real boring when you win every game easily. And before you ask, I have tried your 0 sliders, which is pretty good, but still better with EQ on instead of off.

What can I say you caught me on that one I ment to say "You" but never mind you seem like a bright and well informed guy do you actually think I'd just let you say this and that when I know just what was said by the developers which sounds nothing like what you've stated, but if you've read the interviews already then all this is a "Moot" point because you and I know what they actually said in that "Developers Interview".

Oh and to be honest I didn't even bother to notice your post count I was interested in "you" and "your" statements which I found very interesting not your post count bro .

Well in any case I'm glad you like the sliders and don'y worry about being me bent out shape bro on this stuff its not that serious and if you've been doing your homework and reaserch then I'm sure you'll do just fine enjoying the game no matter whoes sliders or rosters you use so if you've found your niche with that "EQ" sitution then thats great because it works for you and you're enjoying the game...which is the whole point anyway so enjoy and have fun with it!!!

P.S. If you didn't mention it already just whoes rosters are you using?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 04-10-2006 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:06 AM   #43
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
Good slider recommendations Rickster After readings a few threads related to rosters and sliders I decided to pull my 2K5 off the shelf and blow the dust off it and get back on the field! There was no need IMO to question anything regarding your "0" theory, it kinda speaks for it's self. The thing what gets me the most is now I can enjoy it once again whether alone or with a few friends over. The game stats aren't perfect, but pretty decent overall. The thing that shines the most IMO is gameplay, now this went from a good football game to more of a chest match. I am now faced with realistic on the field situations whereas playcalling vs. spot of the ball vs. game clock vs. the opponent all come into play much better even the substitutions(tweaked). I'm currently using Slapnutz roster which IMO were ready to go out the box along with my own edits to suit my taste buds I did in fact raise the kicking slider due to the fact I never could get of a decent kick to save my life, but still tend to miss a few field goals. So thanks once again Rickster for your Zero Slider recommendation and guys don't knock'em til ya try'em

Thanks alot RedmanR its always good to here from you and know you're still around, I'm glad you're enjoying the sliders with Slapnutz rosters I've check them out and they're pretty good IMO but I've seen some others that aren't bad either so check em' out in the threads some are pretty hot and I'm still working on mine off and on!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 04-10-2006, 03:13 AM   #44
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

"Moot" point, bro.... "moot" point.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:19 AM   #45
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
"Moot" point, bro.... "moot" point.

Thanks for the lookout I must be getting tired, its been a long day!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Well in any case I'm glad you like the sliders and don'y worry about being me bent out shape bro on this stuff its not that serious and if you've been doing your homework and reaserch then I'm sure you'll do just fine enjoying the game no matter whoes sliders or rosters you use so if you've found your niche with that "EQ" sitution then thats great because it works for you and you're enjoying the game...which is the whole point anyway so enjoy and have fun with it!!!

P.S. If you didn't mention it already just whoes rosters are you using?

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
It's all good man. I just didn't want there to be any misunderstandings about why I use EQ on. And you are right, enjoying the game is what it's all about. What is working for me might not work for everyone else as we all have different interpretations of what realistic football is.

Btw, I am currently using Slapnutz rosters and I am getting pretty decent results with them.

Long live NFL 2K5
Old 04-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #47
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Thanks alot RedmanR its always good to here from you and know you're still around, I'm glad you're enjoying the sliders with Slapnutz rosters I've check them out and they're pretty good IMO but I've seen some others that aren't bad either so check em' out in the threads some are pretty hot and I'm still working on mine off and on!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Thanx Rickster. I also have been fingering throught the threads as of lately and your right there are several rosters up that show alot of promise and I'll be looking forward to your roster as well. Sorry to all those involved in the roster 9 to 5's, but there are to many to shout out so I'll keep it short and just thank you all for your much appreciated work. All of you deserve a standing
Old 04-14-2006, 02:13 PM   #48
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Thanx Rickster. I also have been fingering throught the threads as of lately and your right there are several rosters up that show alot of promise and I'll be looking forward to your roster as well. Sorry to all those involved in the roster 9 to 5's, but there are to many to shout out so I'll keep it short and just thank you all for your much appreciated work. All of you deserve a standing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »