Home

Rickster101 Slider Recommendations...The Truth!!!

This is a discussion on Rickster101 Slider Recommendations...The Truth!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #49
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Rickster101 Slider Recommendations...The Truth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Thanks alot RedmanR its always good to here from you and know you're still around, I'm glad you're enjoying the sliders with Slapnutz rosters I've check them out and they're pretty good IMO but I've seen some others that aren't bad either so check em' out in the threads some are pretty hot and I'm still working on mine off and on!!!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Thanx Rickster. I also have been fingering throught the threads as of lately and your right there are several rosters up that show alot of promise and I'll be looking forward to your roster as well. Sorry to all those involved in the roster 9 to 5's, but there are to many to shout out so I'll keep it short and just thank you all for your much appreciated work. All of you deserve a standing
Old 04-28-2006, 10:04 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub2k4
What is up with the attitude? Sounds like someone needs to relax.

BTW, you are not telling me anything new. I am well aware that speed is different for each position and everything that VC has stated on the topic of EQ (Just because my post count is low on this message board doesn't mean I dont have a clue or am new to gaming and NFL2K5...).

And good job of contradicting yourself by "assuming that I didn't read the game designers at VC stated in their response to this topic on their old site" in this thread that is "about the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth not speculation and assumptions..."

Maybe you should try to sim some games with EQ and test results for yourself instead of getting all bent out of shape every time someone has and opinion different from yourself. If I find that EQ on goods me more competition, I will use it because it gets real boring when you win every game easily. And before you ask, I have tried your 0 sliders, which is pretty good, but still better with EQ on instead of off.
EQ on does offer more realism sometimes. The only negative that I see is that the computer passing attack is worse. Other than that it seems to offer a different twist to the game. I would love to read that designers response; sounds very interesting. I am also playing the game on a PS2 and I still love the game. I have tried everything to try and get a realistic computer pass-rush and better computer coverage; am I missing something?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:20 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 23

so what your saying, is to set all the sliders to ZERO!!!???

should i alter them from rookie, pro, all-pro, or hall of fame???

are there any sliders that i should just leave default???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2006, 01:32 AM   #52
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
so what your saying, is to set all the sliders to ZERO!!!???

should i alter them from rookie, pro, all-pro, or hall of fame???

are there any sliders that i should just leave default???

Slow down bro you're asking alot of questions here without having read enough of this thread and its been up for along time now so if you're a newbie slow down and read up on the thread to get yourself up to speed and you won't be so lost asking questions to which answers have already been provided and then some...slow down and read with and open mind to understand the concept its not that difficuilt bro and most of it is in the thread just read up abit!!!

You may not agree with my note, thoughts and objective opinions but how can you ask a question about something you're not trying to understand at least read it first and the you decide if it works for you!

P.S.
You're sorta on the brash side or not very friendly approaching someone you don't know being so agressive and direct just who are you anyway?

Then agin I'm a mature type of individual and usually don't respond well to post such as this not knowing who you and in the future won't reply in this manner this isn't that type of site and most guys I reply to and post here to show abit more class and style...but to each his own next time you should introduce yourself or something because I don't know anything about you and how you approach people direct or in-directly its been nice knowing you to...I thjink you need a hug or somethin' becuse you sound strange and nervous about something just slow down bro slow down.

And welcome to "OS...Da Spot" hope you enjoy yourself here and fit in its all good, but slow down and relax you're in a safe place here.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 05-03-2006 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 23

My name is Chris, im new here, i was a hardcore madden fan and 2k fan, but now, i only play 2k... the way ea stole my choice as a consumer really, REALLY pisses me off... i know its only a video game, but, they have no right to take our choice away from us like that... and to top it all off, they released a half assed effort in 2006 on all the systems... "superstar" "truckstick" what are these things... GIMMICKS... gimmicks do not create great sports games, gameplay does... for example: madden has always had "money plays" however, espn has very limited amount... this creates better game play and more real to life situations...

also...

sorry about the man...

i didn't mean to come off like that. your right though, i didn't read the posts prior to posting mine...

ill know for next time...
Old 05-03-2006, 08:31 PM   #54
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
My name is Chris, im new here, i was a hardcore madden fan and 2k fan, but now, i only play 2k... the way ea stole my choice as a consumer really, REALLY pisses me off... i know its only a video game, but, they have no right to take our choice away from us like that... and to top it all off, they released a half assed effort in 2006 on all the systems... "superstar" "truckstick" what are these things... GIMMICKS... gimmicks do not create great sports games, gameplay does... for example: madden has always had "money plays" however, espn has very limited amount... this creates better game play and more real to life situations...

also...

sorry about the man...

i didn't mean to come off like that. your right though, i didn't read the posts prior to posting mine...

ill know for next time...

Its all good bro you're not the first to jump in "Head" first I'm glad you're catching up to speed reading thru the threads trust me it helps to know whats going on here!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Old 05-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Slow down bro you're asking alot of questions here without having read enough of this thread and its been up for along time now so if you're a newbie slow down and read up on the thread to get yourself up to speed and you won't be so lost asking questions to which answers have already been provided and then some...slow down and read with and open mind to understand the concept its not that difficuilt bro and most of it is in the thread just read up abit!!!

You may not agree with my note, thoughts and objective opinions but how can you ask a question about something you're not trying to understand at least read it first and the you decide if it works for you!

P.S.
You're sorta on the brash side or not very friendly approaching someone you don't know being so agressive and direct just who are you anyway?

Then agin I'm a mature type of individual and usually don't respond well to post such as this not knowing who you and in the future won't reply in this manner this isn't that type of site and most guys I reply to and post here to show abit more class and style...but to each his own next time you should introduce yourself or something because I don't know anything about you and how you approach people direct or in-directly its been nice knowing you to...I thjink you need a hug or somethin' becuse you sound strange and nervous about something just slow down bro slow down.

And welcome to "OS...Da Spot" hope you enjoy yourself here and fit in its all good, but slow down and relax you're in a safe place here.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101
Wow Rickster, you kind of went off the wall with that one:y4:

But yeah, cgalligan, just make sure you read the entire post before asking questions. Some guys on this site get a little tired answering the same question over again. I am sure you have read the thread by now, so you will probably have to adjust some of the sliders like the fatigue slider. Eventually though, you might want to adjust certain sliders like the fumble slider or kick slider to how you see it, as everyone has a different perspective on simulation football and how things are supposed to be. I personally adjust the fumble slider because I would go many games without seeing any fumbles from either side, now, but sides are averaging about 2 fumbles per game, which is realistic to a true football game IMO.

And again, to Rickster, thanks for the great idea for zero sliders. It really has fixed a lot of the problems that we were getting into with over-exaggerating certain sliders to compensate for short coming in the game programming. I am having some solid battles now and seeing realistic results.

Last edited by jdub2k4; 05-05-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 7

Hello, my name is Charles. I have read every post on this thread and I think I have a good handle on the zero slider concept. I tried it last night and had a good game that I won 21-14 with a late TD inside one minute. By the way I play user vs. cpu. In the past I remember the CPU not running the ball enough but the last game seemed about right as they attempted 17 rushes but were pretty ineffective. They only yielded 25 yards on those carries. I was playing with the Chargers and they were the Texans so this could be accurate. Anyways, like I said I read through the post and my question was does it matter which level you start on before zeroing the sliders? It may have been mentioned but I don't think so and I don't really want to read through the six pages of posts again. Thanks for any help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »