Home

Rickster101 Slider Recommendations...The Truth!!!

This is a discussion on Rickster101 Slider Recommendations...The Truth!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2006, 02:08 AM   #1
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Rickster101 Slider Recommendations...The Truth!!!

I've seen a lot of slider sets come and go including my own set and still haven't seen a set that satisfies the gamers needs until I tried "Zero" sliders and at this time I would highly recommend you guys checkin' them out to save you grief and heartache.

Don't knock em' until you've tried em fellas at first I was somewhat skeptical about their impact on gameplay but after givin' them a try it all makes sense because believe it or not there was a time when Football video games didn't have sliders and they got along just fine.

Since the introduction of sliders guys including myself have pre-occupied themselves with this crazy tweaking mannia of sliders which only has resulted in tweak after tweak and causing us to forget about the actual game itself.

I'm not saying its a waste of time but if you continuiously tweak sliders you'll end up even more confused then when you first started and lose time playing the game itself and as it is now a year or two will have past you by!!!

Try "Zero" sliders and tweak from there trust me you won't be disappointed and have more time to actually play the game especially using rosters done by guys who really want you to "Play" the game and have fun!!!

Who knows I may post my own "Zero" slider set but thats another post for another day right now just try em' set at zero or minimun values then work your way up and you should be fine...trust me they do work and don't believe the hype!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2006, 06:03 AM   #2
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Rickster101 Slider Recommendations...The Truth!!!

zero for both human and cpu?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

i put all sliders at zero except fumble and injury and man combined with ur roster set i had on heck of a time.

http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-29-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I've seen a lot of slider sets come and go including my own set and still haven't seen a set that satisfies the gamers needs until I tried "Zero" sliders and at this time I would highly recommend you guys checkin' them out to save you grief and heartache.

Don't knock em' until you've tried em fellas at first I was somewhat skeptical about their impact on gameplay but after givin' them a try it all makes sense because believe it or not there was a time when Football video games didn't have sliders and they got along just fine.

Since the introduction of sliders guys including myself have pre-occupied themselves with this crazy tweaking mannia of sliders which only has resulted in tweak after tweak and causing us to forget about the actual game itself.

I'm not saying its a waste of time but if you continuiously tweak sliders you'll end up even more confused then when you first started and lose time playing the game itself and as it is now a year or two will have past you by!!!

Try "Zero" sliders and tweak from there trust me you won't be disappointed and have more time to actually play the game especially using rosters done by guys who really want you to "Play" the game and have fun!!!

Who knows I may post my own "Zero" slider set but thats another post for another day right now just try em' set at zero or minimun values then work your way up and you should be fine...trust me they do work and don't believe the hype!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
I played 3 franchise years on 0 sliders and had a great time. I have been using Radja's sliders lately and getting great results, but on the side I have been working on finding a good 0 slider set. I have found that the 0 slider set with interceptions at 20 is a great CPU/CPU/Coach mode set. I ran a few games yesterday. In the Eagles/Titans game the Eagles won 31-6. McNabb completed 68% of his passes with 1 Int. McNair completed 62% with 0 Int. In the next game I ran, Chicago @ Cleveland, with the Browns winning 13-12. Both QB's were right around 50% with Grossman throwing 3 pics, but 2 of them were at the end on hailmary type plays.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
zero for both human and cpu?

Not necessarly at a perfect zero setting but then again it does work since there is a gameplay setting know as the rookie level which in itself is misleading,just work em' a point or two or three but nothing over the top hell even zero itself works great in some cases!!!

Zero sliders in my opinion is just a gameplay theory I'd like to think of as less being more since adjusting the sliders towards the higher numeric levels tend to actually cause the gameplay to be more complicated and upseting making the game play out of its elements in almost every aspect.

Think of it as this...a train on tracks that if going too fast jumps the track and the final result is a crash as in a "Train Wreck"...not a good thing,however guys have found ways to over come this by curtailing certain gameplay issues by adding more to the sliders in order to regain control and put things back on track!!!

By using the "Zero" slider theory you gain and have better control over how the game plays by resorting to lower numerical numbers that cator more to a smoother more fluid game flow and gain better gameplay with game flow.

The higher the level the more problems and issue you introduce to the players actual ratings that are already pre-set to play a certain way based on their actual ratings and the games hardcode progamming, I myself had to find this out the hard way by spending too many non-gameplaying hours tweaking and adjusting sliders over and over again until it just wasn't fun anymore.

Like I mentioned earlier adjusting sliders is fine if thats your thing but you'll probably find yourself spending more time tweaking sliders the playing the game and just because its reading zero doesn't mean its not playing well its just more under your control!!!

Heres a tip for the coverage slider to try out, raise it higher the say your catch and you'll find it actually improves the passing game...try something like 5-20 and you'll see what I mean.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-29-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I played 3 franchise years on 0 sliders and had a great time. I have been using Radja's sliders lately and getting great results, but on the side I have been working on finding a good 0 slider set. I have found that the 0 slider set with interceptions at 20 is a great CPU/CPU/Coach mode set. I ran a few games yesterday. In the Eagles/Titans game the Eagles won 31-6. McNabb completed 68% of his passes with 1 Int. McNair completed 62% with 0 Int. In the next game I ran, Chicago @ Cleveland, with the Browns winning 13-12. Both QB's were right around 50% with Grossman throwing 3 pics, but 2 of them were at the end on hailmary type plays.

Exactly what I mean and you've pretty much proven my point bro, sounds like you've got an understanding of whats going on with the "Zero" slider theory and my own thoughts on the fact that sometimes "Less is More"!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 01-30-2006, 08:06 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Dear Rickster,
I'll for sure try your "zero sliders" but it'd be great if you could post here the complete set of sliders to use with your edit roster file so that we all can test how they work in combination.
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
Dear Rickster,
I'll for sure try your "zero sliders" but it'd be great if you could post here the complete set of sliders to use with your edit roster file so that we all can test how they work in combination.
Thanks in advance!

Its a long story Bascape666 you might want to start here...

The Chronicles Of Rickster101

As you can see these sliders and their issues are nothing new to me and I've done extensive work on them dating quite aways back.

The thing is there is no one set that does it all or satisfies all a gamers needs and the time I've spent on them could have been better served actually playing the game but with this particular roster set what works for me may or may not work for you so what I'd recommened is to find a niche for you that works I can only guide and recommend what does and doesn't work the rest is up to you!!!

My days working on sliders are for the most part behind me and this is what I've posted as a testament to work and research done in that area.

I've since moved on and can only recommened using the "Zero" slider theory that I find to be more satisfying and less of a headache,also it wouldn't hurt to read what I've said about sliders and the issues they present I don't have that kind of time or patience anymore its all been said and done as far as I'm concerned and I've left enough notations for you and others to follow up and read on.

In a few words bro "Been there done that" try to find your niche using the notations I've posted in recent threads,there is just no one "Magic" number we're all different and have different skills bro I've left recommendations because I haven't seen any one set including mine that does it all so now I only recommend and comment on sliders that can help not actually fix yours or anyone eles game and that my friend is "The Truth".

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »