Home

DFB's NFL 2K5 Slider Chart

This is a discussion on DFB's NFL 2K5 Slider Chart within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: DFB's NFL 2K5 Slider Chart

Sorry Dafly but I'm really stupid.
I dont' understand the ratings I have to give to my team,so here an example:
I play with 49ers (HUMAN) against Colts and I set the following sliders:

49ers (me)

- BLOCKING ??? (Where do I have to set blocking for my team?)
- PASSING 25
- RUNNING 25
- CATCHING ??? (Where do I have to set catching for my team?)
- COVERAGE 5
- PURSUIT 0
- TACKLING 0
- KICKING 4

COLTS (cpu)

- BLOCKING ??? (Where do I have to set blocking for the CPU???)
- PASSING 40
- RUNNING 25
- COVERAGE 30
- PURSUIT 5
- TACKLING 3
- KICKING 40

To recap I miss the "Blocking" and "catching" slider for HUMAN teams and the "Blocking" for the CPU teams.
Can you please help me?
Old 02-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #10
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

i think he mentioned if a slider is not mentioned that it should be set at zero.

thats how i took it lol

last night i went through the slider list by team and made a diff settings save for each team and there sliders. only took about 30 mins. i figured i would just load the team i'm gonna play up and get it on lol.

i got my ace handed to me last night by the steelers. steelers 53 browns 3

edit: i thought i read that dfb's said to put other sliders not metioned at zero but i cant find it. i may have read that with dans guide. but since dfb's is based off dans sets i would figure it would mean the same.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Last edited by Fiddy; 02-04-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i think he mentioned if a slider is not mentioned that it should be set at zero.

thats how i took it lol

last night i went through the slider list by team and made a diff settings save for each team and there sliders. only took about 30 mins. i figured i would just load the team i'm gonna play up and get it on lol.

edit: i thought i read that dfb's said to put other sliders not metioned at zero but i cant find it. i may have read that with dans guide. but since dfb's is based off dans sets i would figure it would mean the same.

Yes Fiddy,I have read that the slider not mentioned should be at ZERO but I wanna be sure so I asked!
Have you the possibility to post here the files with all the slider for each NFL team as AR file?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #12
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Yes, if you don't see it...set it to zero.

One modification, for the away team, lower tackle AND pursuit by 1 each.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:52 PM   #13
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy

thats how i took it lol

Fid....the roster tweaks/sliders combo will definitely make a lower ranked defensive team play incredible to stop a powerhouse such as the Steelers as it should......you may have to audible individual double teams or single coverage, creating half zone/half man to man situations. I simmed a season and go to the first playoff round....Brees and Gates were killing my Chiefs D hooking up twice in the first half alone. Unfortunately I had to leave the game prematurely but I was getting my head handed to me late in the 3rd Q. You really have to make smart decisions as the QB and follow your blockers as the RB. Green has already thrown 2 INT"s for TD's vs. the Jets D in the first game of the season in my franchise re-do. Fortunately, the Jets offense sputtered (don't like their playbook as it doesn't feature Martin enough).

Oh, the other thing I forgot to mention is that depth charts at the marquee position still reflected injury situations at the time rickster did the roster update for his ver. 3. I went through my season and corrected as best I knew, but not the base roster.

Oh, the other thing is that kick/punt returns seem better overall with this arrangement. I don't take control of any tacklers...I just stay as the kicker/punter and take him out of the play after the kick.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:06 PM   #14
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Ok week #2...

KC 31 OAK 24 (but had to sim late with a 2 TD lead as game froze after an OAK return man got hurt on kickoff....weird).

Collins 9/20 for 183 -- 2 TD's and 0 INTs
Green 22/30 for 345 -- 2 TD's and 1 INT (return for a TD)

Jordan 18/102
Johnson 21/134 and 2 TD's

Porter 6/121 and 1 TD (60 long) - sim result
Kennison 5/88

Moss 1/43 and 1 TD
Hall 2/85 for 1TD (80 long)

KC 1 sack & 0 INT's
OAK 3 sacks & 1 INT (Schweigert)

Pretty close contest throughout.......pulled away by two scores at end when I got the funky freeze. A little disappointed with Collins passing %, but the looked up his real life stats and he was only 53% for the year!
Old 02-06-2006, 02:14 AM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Well week #3 Trent Green passing against the Broncos defense was a joke as every thing was pretty much working and in-game stats got way over inflated....so a little bit back to the drawing board. Updated sliders reflecting changes in CPU coverage/pursuit/tackle. Based pursuit & tackle after taking a closer look at defensive rushing stats by team weighting game avgs and TD's allowed. Hopefully these will work better. Updated roster coming soon mainly dumbing down WR speed still a little more.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2006, 04:18 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Well week #3 Trent Green passing against the Broncos defense was a joke as every thing was pretty much working and in-game stats got way over inflated....so a little bit back to the drawing board. Updated sliders reflecting changes in CPU coverage/pursuit/tackle. Based pursuit & tackle after taking a closer look at defensive rushing stats by team weighting game avgs and TD's allowed. Hopefully these will work better. Updated roster coming soon mainly dumbing down WR speed still a little more.

Thanks for the update Daflyboys!
I wait for your roster update too so that I can test the slider in combination with the roster.
Another question,when I use a team in a HUMAN / CPU game can you tell me which are the sliders I have to set for the HUMAN team?
For example if I use the 49ers which set of slider do I have to set???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »