Home

Old 08-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30
2k4 sliders

I just got this game yesterday, and was wondering if anyone has a good set of sliders for it. I mainly want to tone down the amount of broken tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Malignant's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 2k4 sliders

I'm having great fun with this game, I'm using the following sliders that I found on a website that sadly no longer exists. So it's a bit difficult to give the author some credit really.

Basically make every slider 0 (or in other words shift every option bar to the far left). Then alter the following...

Human Pursuit: 3
Human Tackling: 3
CPU Pursuit: 3
CPU Tackling: 3

Play a few games with these and if you find the running game a little easy for both you and the CPU then change all four of those values to 6 instead.

These sliders have only been tested on default rosters with no player edits.

Edit: I forgot to add, I also have all my penalty sliders turned up all the way to the right. I read ages ago that this was a good idea for 2K5 and I find it works fine with 2K4 as well.

Last edited by Malignant; 08-01-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
Banned

bsb13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malignant
I'm having great fun with this game, I'm using the following sliders that I found on a website that sadly no longer exists. So it's a bit difficult to give the author some credit really.

Basically make every slider 0 (or in other words shift every option bar to the far left). Then alter the following...

Human Pursuit: 3
Human Tackling: 3
CPU Pursuit: 3
CPU Tackling: 3

Play a few games with these and if you find the running game a little easy for both you and the CPU then change all four of those values to 6 instead.

These sliders have only been tested on default rosters with no player edits.

Edit: I forgot to add, I also have all my penalty sliders turned up all the way to the right. I read ages ago that this was a good idea for 2K5 and I find it works fine with 2K4 as well.
Ill give them a try later on, and i am using default rosters with no edits by the way. So far im liking 2k4 more than 2k5. thanks alot man.

Last edited by bsb13; 08-02-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:25 AM   #4
Banned

bsb13's Arena

If anybody is still playing this game could they give me some ideas on how to tone down the running game to a realistic level for both human and cpu with out messing up any other part of the gameplay.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I turned down the break tackle for each runningback by 15 to 25, so the highest would be no more than 65, and the lowest no lower than 40. I also turned the tacl;e slider up for both human and cpu to about half way, or a little above default. I know it's some work, but it did work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2006, 02:13 AM   #6
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Had these in my sports folder from a while ago..... not sure how good these were as they were apparently my first set.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFLFOO_NFL2k4Sim1.zip (9.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 11-07-2006, 02:46 AM   #7
Banned

bsb13's Arena

Thanks guys, but I finally got madden for the ps2, so i think im going to give this game a rest for awhile.

Last edited by bsb13; 11-07-2006 at 03:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »