Home

ZERO SLIDERS SETTINGS

This is a discussion on ZERO SLIDERS SETTINGS within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2006, 02:52 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
ZERO SLIDERS SETTINGS

Hello!
I need your help!
Can anyone gimme a complete "zero sliders" settings,including penalty sliders that works with Rickster roster file?
Many thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2006, 01:22 AM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ZERO SLIDERS SETTINGS

hmmm i´m new.. what are this zero sliders ?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:34 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

This is my second go around with NFL 2k5, so Im kinda new right now, but zero sliders are a very popular idea for NFL 2k5. Basically, you put all the sliders for both human and CPU at zero except for a few key ones like fatigue, fumbles and interceptions. They say it plays a very good game, and I tend to agree for the most part. I am playing with a modified version of zero sliders, I thikn they may be Ricksters, but everything is at zero for both human and CPu except coverage and maybe one other slider. If you have Action Replay, you can download them from the "OS Community Rosters" thread in the 2k5 rosters section.

Getting back to the sliders though, I think they play a pretty good game of football. The thing about 2k5 it seems, is that the difficulty is predetermined and the sliders are just modifiers of certain parts of the game. It is not like madden where you have 4 difficulty levels and then the sliders can be modified o each level. With 2k5, the difference between human and CPu sliders is the "difficulty level" and it is expressed by a modifier number. E.g. 1.5 dificulty, 2.0 difficulty.

So in theory, the zero slider method should work as it should give both human and cpu equal footing in terms of gameplay, and nobody is boosted. However, certain elements of the game are waeker than others, mainly coverage and have to be bumped up a bit for both human and cpu.

I have played about 5 games so for with this zero slider theory, and they play pretty well, but I am noticing it is sorta easy to run. Im not having 150+ yd games consistently, but even going against the Bears defense, I am not intimidated and never feel as though I wont be able to run the ball successfully. I think that overall, the cpu defense needs a shot in the arm, because I havent felt yet that I couldnt move the ball if the game was depending on it. This shouldnt be. Especially against some of the top tier defenses that I have been playing. Nevertheless, they are a good idea and seem to be a pretty good base to start with, but you will probably want to make adjustments from them to match your skill level.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:38 PM   #4
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
This is my second go around with NFL 2k5, so Im kinda new right now, but zero sliders are a very popular idea for NFL 2k5. Basically, you put all the sliders for both human and CPU at zero except for a few key ones like fatigue, fumbles and interceptions. They say it plays a very good game, and I tend to agree for the most part. I am playing with a modified version of zero sliders, I thikn they may be Ricksters, but everything is at zero for both human and CPu except coverage and maybe one other slider. If you have Action Replay, you can download them from the "OS Community Rosters" thread in the 2k5 rosters section.

Getting back to the sliders though, I think they play a pretty good game of football. The thing about 2k5 it seems, is that the difficulty is predetermined and the sliders are just modifiers of certain parts of the game. It is not like madden where you have 4 difficulty levels and then the sliders can be modified o each level. With 2k5, the difference between human and CPu sliders is the "difficulty level" and it is expressed by a modifier number. E.g. 1.5 dificulty, 2.0 difficulty.

So in theory, the zero slider method should work as it should give both human and cpu equal footing in terms of gameplay, and nobody is boosted. However, certain elements of the game are waeker than others, mainly coverage and have to be bumped up a bit for both human and cpu.

I have played about 5 games so for with this zero slider theory, and they play pretty well, but I am noticing it is sorta easy to run. Im not having 150+ yd games consistently, but even going against the Bears defense, I am not intimidated and never feel as though I wont be able to run the ball successfully. I think that overall, the cpu defense needs a shot in the arm, because I havent felt yet that I couldnt move the ball if the game was depending on it. This shouldnt be. Especially against some of the top tier defenses that I have been playing. Nevertheless, they are a good idea and seem to be a pretty good base to start with, but you will probably want to make adjustments from them to match your skill level.
Thank you for the info..i´m downloading those then...
Old 09-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 29

It's way too easy to run so far with any "zero" sliders I've tried. You also pretty much have to avoid throwing deep balls, as you can just score touchdown after touchdown because the CPU just cannot play defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2006, 06:10 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
It's way too easy to run so far with any "zero" sliders I've tried. You also pretty much have to avoid throwing deep balls, as you can just score touchdown after touchdown because the CPU just cannot play defense.

By saying "you" I assume you actually mean yourself...not everyone sees or plays like "you", it call style and difference of playing styles differ from player to player so you actually are speaking about what and how they effect "you"....not everyone plays like "you" bro and for some they may or may not work plus different rosters cater to differnt sliders thats called "Choice" and matter of opinion...for "You" they may not work thats all for some they're just fine and others have their point of view...we are all different what works for some doesn't work for others its that simple and theres nothing wrong with that so don't think they're for everyone they are after all only "Suggestions" and "Theorys" that are and have been proven to be quite effective...for some.

You got yours and we have ours, not everyone is like me or you we are all different and play that way thats all so enjoy what works for you and let others enjoy what works for them...its that simple!

P.S. By the way the CPU does play defense its part of the game and trust me its there bro I didn't and can't remove the defense, keep it real Timmay and I'll see ya around the site sometimes!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling

Last edited by Rickster101; 09-24-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #7
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
You got yours and we have ours, not everyone is like me or you we are all different and play that way thats all so enjoy what works for you and let others enjoy what works for them...its that simple!
Cue the Music DJ..."Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,
What might be right for you, may not be right for some.
A man is born, he's a man of means.
Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans.

But they got, Diff'rent Strokes.
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes.
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

Everybody's got a special kind of story
Everybody finds a way to shine,
It don't matter that you got not alot
So what,
They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine.
And together we'll be fine....

Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.
Yes it does.
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world. Hmmmmmmm

Rickster I STILL love "your" sliders bro...BRILLIANT!

Last edited by RDMercer; 09-25-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:42 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well...as much as I hate to, I'm going to attempt to get this thread back on topic.

I have been playing around with the zero sliders, with the OSCDR rosters and I think they're spot on for everything but the CPU offense. Quite honestly, the CPU is just too darned aggressive when it's behind and too conservative when it's ahead, but regardless, the stats are pretty compelling and it suites my game play. However, I've been just about winning every game, close games mind you, but I'm beating the likes of Philly, Indy, Wash, with the Texans.

Anyway...I've been bumping up the CPU Blocking, Passing, Running, and Catching; I finally maxed them out at 40 and the got beat by Philly for the first time. 13-3. (I threw a pick in the endzone and fumbled twice) The curious thing about the game was that the stats, unlike previous games, was completely lopsided in my favor when it comes to first downs, yards, and time of possession. This wouldn't have been upsetting if it weren't for the fact that McNabb went 3-12 for 79 yards. Granted, the running game was better, but I was really surprised by the lack of offense by the cpu.

So...this got me thinking...and please non't beat me up if this has been covered in detail, I've been gone for awhile , but it seems to me that I could improve the CPU offense just by increasing their fatigue level...maybe?

Specifically I was thinking of putting all sliders at zero, with the CPU fatigue at 20 or more.

Any thoughts?

(Searching on fatigue now.)

Last edited by julfpenet; 09-26-2006 at 11:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »