Home

DFB's V6 Settings / text format

This is a discussion on DFB's V6 Settings / text format within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
DFB's V6 Settings / text format

As requested. These will probably have to be reworked considering changes I'm making on my next roster set.

Addendum: Dan was also requesting my in-game rules set up, so here ya go as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DFB's ESPN Game Play Guidelines.JPG (77.9 KB, 442 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DFB V6 sliders.zip (578 Bytes, 81 views)

Last edited by daflyboys; 10-03-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: DFB's V6 Settings / text format

How do I open the sliders file? Does it require Microsoft office? If so, I dont have that. Thanks for posting your in-game rules but I do have two questions for you regarding them.

1) I can understand being able to set the slider for fumbles for bad weather in exhibition but how im supposed to set it in franchise when the weather is random?

2) Do you ever go against your rules and if so, how do you penalize yourself?

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:10 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Wahoo!!

DFB you rule man. I'm looking forward to your next write up/video
Old 10-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
How do I open the sliders file? Does it require Microsoft office? If so, I dont have that. Thanks for posting your in-game rules but I do have two questions for you regarding them.

1) I can understand being able to set the slider for fumbles for bad weather in exhibition but how im supposed to set it in franchise when the weather is random?

2) Do you ever go against your rules and if so, how do you penalize yourself?

Thanks.
Dan....it's Rich Text Format, so Wordpad should open it or if you have Corel, Word Perfect. Regarless, I'll recreate here:

Settings (Human - CPU)

Block --- 32/15
Pass --- 0/40
Run --- 12*/33
Catch ---0/40
Cover --- 10/40*
Pursuit --- 16/16
Tackle --- 5/3*
Kick --- 0/40
Fatigue --- 6/6

Injury --- 20
Fumble --- 22 (clear weather)
--- 24 (rainy)
--- 26 (snowy)
INT --- 0

* - reworking

Penalties

NZI --- 40
DPI --- 31
OPI --- 40
OH --- 40
DH --- 40
CLP --- 40
RTP --- 38
RTK --- 40
IRD --- 22
FM ---27

All others --- "ON"

8 min qtrs.
EQ "ON"

The only time I find when I go against the rules is accidentally when I'm making defensive adjustments and don't get back to the man I want to control. I may end up controlling a D-lineman, so then I just let the controller go. I do like to have human control on all teams so that adjustments pre-game can be made (kick/punt teams being a big one) as well as in game when they erroneously call an illegal forward pass on my team when I'm clearly outside the tackles. I'll switch over to the other team and simply decline.

Matt....as far as weather, it doesn't matter when you're in franchise. Sure the weather is random, which is a good thing. Simply go in and adjust the slider just before kickoff.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Dan....it's Rich Text Format, so Wordpad should open it or if you have Corel, Word Perfect. Regarless, I'll recreate here:

Settings (Human - CPU)

Block --- 32/15
Pass --- 0/40
Run --- 12*/33
Catch ---0/40
Cover --- 10/40*
Pursuit --- 16/16
Tackle --- 5/3*
Kick --- 0/40
Fatigue --- 6/6

Injury --- 20
Fumble --- 22 (clear weather)
--- 24 (rainy)
--- 26 (snowy)
INT --- 0

* - reworking

Penalties

NZI --- 40
DPI --- 31
OPI --- 40
OH --- 40
DH --- 40
CLP --- 40
RTP --- 38
RTK --- 40
IRD --- 22
FM ---27

All others --- "ON"

8 min qtrs.
EQ "ON"

The only time I find when I go against the rules is accidentally when I'm making defensive adjustments and don't get back to the man I want to control. I may end up controlling a D-lineman, so then I just let the controller go. I do like to have human control on all teams so that adjustments pre-game can be made (kick/punt teams being a big one) as well as in game when they erroneously call an illegal forward pass on my team when I'm clearly outside the tackles. I'll switch over to the other team and simply decline.

Matt....as far as weather, it doesn't matter when you're in franchise. Sure the weather is random, which is a good thing. Simply go in and adjust the slider just before kickoff.
I tried to open the document in Wordpad and Notepad but it just appears as scrambled mumbo jumbo. Thanks for posting your slider setup. I'll try a few quick games tonight after work or tomorrow afternoon.

I understand the kick and punt returner problem. The penalty of an illegal forward pass only happens when you're past the LOS as I have never seen that penalty called otherwise. The ineligible receiver downfield penalty gets called if a lineman runs past the LOS on a passing play. It doesnt matter if you're outside the tackles as they arent allowed to do that unless it's a screen pass. If you mean intentional grounding, I get called for that sometimes when I roll out and am near the sideline and I press the throw away button. I dont really like the call but since im pressing the throw away button in order to avoid a sack, I cant really complain about it either as I think it's a good call because im throwing the ball away in order to avoid a sack.

I dont like having the option of switching over between my team and the CPU team because I'll always be tempted to cheat and if I do that, I'll wind up quitting the game and franchise since I only play each game once. I never reset or reload or anything. Whatever happens happens.

The weather question was for me. I never thought about changing the fumble slider in bad weather games. I never even paid attention to all that. I usually just setup my defensive audibles and that's it.

And I see that you play with EQ on but since you're controlling all 32 teams, the EQ is supposed to make both teams play on an even level. Do you know if EQ on affects anything when playing a CPU controlled team? Because from what I know and read about it, EQ is mainly for human vs human games. If one person plays with the Colts and the other plays with the Texans, EQ on is supposed to even them out.

Thanks daflyboys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Banned

A few other questions for you daflyboys.

1) With Passing and Catching at zero for the human controlled team, do the receivers drop wide open passes? Also, I switch to the receiver after I pass and manually catch the ball. Will having the sliders at zero affect this in any way?

2) I assume that you use "subs in/out" but I dont. With fatigue set at 6, how fast do the players get tired? After one or two plays, is there stamina already in red?

3) With INT set at zero, how many INT's do you get in a season with your defense and how many do you throw with your QB?

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:

1) With Passing and Catching at zero for the human controlled team, do the receivers drop wide open passes? Also, I switch to the receiver after I pass and manually catch the ball. Will having the sliders at zero affect this in any way?
Yes, they drop occasional passes. I can't speak about the manual catch as I don't do it offline.

Quote:
2) I assume that you use "subs in/out" but I dont. With fatigue set at 6, how fast do the players get tired? After one or two plays, is there stamina already in red?
I've been using sub out/in at a 60/90 rate. I'm liking the substitution patterns given the fatigue levels I have.

Quote:
3) With INT set at zero, how many INT's do you get in a season with your defense and how many do you throw with your QB?
Like I said in my other posting, McNabb had 10 INT's for the season, but then again, that's partly related to my decision making. I used to throw a lot more. My downfall is letting the ball go too late and getting sacked and/or fumbling. Considine was my leading INT guy with 5, which was unrealistic, but that may be more of a function of the programming vs. the particular player.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:18 AM   #8
Banned

I just got home from work about an hour or so ago so I wasnt able to play a few quick games with your sliders but I will tomorrow.

Thanks for answering my questions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »