Home

jrich83's Sliders

This is a discussion on jrich83's Sliders within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #9
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: jrich83's SuperWimpyMan Difficulty & Penalty Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
Transfer cable-free(3 days priority mail)
2 copies of 2k(1 backup lol) 1.87 at gamestop
10 minutes spent transferring rosters-free
30 minutes spent tinkering with sliders-free
A real Nfl simulation-PRICELESS!!
LOL. Couldn't put it better myself.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: jrich83's SuperWimpyMan Difficulty & Penalty Sliders

Quote:
The most recent game was Packers(me) vs Vikes at Lambeau. A great game I pulled out in overtime 24-21. The stats at the end were as follows. Rodgers 65% completion 255 yards 2 tds 0 ints. Gus F. 58% completion 208 yards 1 td 2 int's. Grant 22 att 88 yards 1 fumble. Peterson and Taylor(Peterson injured in 4th qtr) combined for 156 yards(nice!!!!!) 0 fumbles.

I was down towards the end and loving it really exciting during the comeback, along with the overall excitement of getting pounded by Peterson throughout the game.

I pulled the game out and jumped for joy but I didnt need to win to be excited, awesome just awesome.
This is why I take the time to tinker with sliders and post them, and help roster makers to get their files out. This is what I like to hear. This is why 2K5 still outplays the competition. Love it.

Quote:
Transfer cable-free(3 days priority mail)
2 copies of 2k(1 backup lol) 1.87 at gamestop
10 minutes spent transferring rosters-free
30 minutes spent tinkering with sliders-free
A real Nfl simulation-PRICELESS!!
Realistic presentation - $0.99 at gamestop
Actually having chain gangs - included
Hand-made up-to-date rosters - free from here
Reading your quote - included
Still beating the competition after four years - PRICELESS!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #11
Rookie

Re: jrich83's Sliders

Hopefully one day the NFL will realize what they have cost all of us by giving the competition 'exclusive rights'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 05:59 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

I played a couple more games yesterday with the sliders I posted earlier in the thread, below are the results as best as I can remember.

Me-Skins at Cpu-Giants
I won 17-7

All I remember is that Campbell only threw for about 115 yards with no picks. Eli had a horrible game, probably the worst game by an ai qb I have ever seen with completion percentage in the high 30's with a pick. They never got anything going and I ate lots of clock time with Portis who finished with about 130 yards. That is a little skewed by the fact he broke a nasty 69 yard counter in the 3rd quarter. This was simply a defensive struggle for both teams. I think I punted 7 times or so. All in all still enjoyable, slugfests do happen and it was just one of those days.

Me-Bears vs Cpu-Saints
Lost 35-10

First off Reggie Bush ran back a punt which was cool, about a 60 yard return. They stuffed my run game and made me too one dimensional which was not good for Orton at all. The bears defense got lit up by Brees who completed 65 percent of his passes with 3 tds in the first half. They jumped me early going up 14-0 and snowballed from there. It was a nice representation of the Saints offense, and what can happen to a team who depends heavily on the rush game and a game manager qb if they get behind early. My defense got worn out by my inept offense and it cost them big.

Loving the variance!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I use these sliders and find them to be very realistic and fun. The only two things are that I get mostly high scoring games, and my running back (whoever it is) gets around 9 or 10 yards per carry with around 20 carries and 180 yards each game.

The CPU puts up realistic number for the most part. What should I do to make it a little harder for me to run on the CPU? Should I bump down running, or blocking?

And for the high scoring games I think that is fine for now, I play 6 minute quarters and pick my plays fast, so me and the CPU combined get anywhere from 100 to 120 total plays off, which is about right for an average NFL game.

Last edited by RockCh4lk; 10-15-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:12 AM   #14
Rookie

^^Yeah, I'd say that's about right as well, for the total # of plays. I play them on 7 min. quarters, and pick relatively quickly I would say.

As far as running, I would say turn down the 'Human Running' slider. Turing down the blocking slider may cause your pocket to go down quicker which will get you sacked, as the slider affects all blocking.

Sorry I took so long to respond. I just started a new job and I have a wonderful 1 hr. daily commute until our new place is ready, so I've been a little too tired to get on here or even play lately. Stay tuned though. I'm almost done with another franchise year, and I need to bump the sliders up again. I'm winning too easily IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »