Home

Finally, a great slider set I can use

This is a discussion on Finally, a great slider set I can use within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

OVR: 6
Finally, a great slider set I can use

Like pretty much everyone else that habitually plays NFL 2K5, we've been trying to find a slider setting that offsets the terrible computer QB & DB play while still giving us decent difficulty level and without feeling like we've been "fluked." Well after trying other noted slider sets I still was not satisfied and managed to come with my own based on many exhibition games using GR182k10v4 rosters. Give em a go and let me know what you think

HUM/CPU
Blocking: 10,20
Passing: 0,40
Running: 0,10
Catching: 40,40
Coverage:40,40
Pursuit: 10,20
Tackling: 10,20
Kicking: 10,40
Fatigue: 10,20
Injury: 20
Fumbles: 20
Interceptions: 0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
TRP
Rookie

TRP's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Finally, a great slider set I can use

Quote:
Originally Posted by airnique23
Like pretty much everyone else that habitually plays NFL 2K5, we've been trying to find a slider setting that offsets the terrible computer QB & DB play while still giving us decent difficulty level and without feeling like we've been "fluked." Well after trying other noted slider sets I still was not satisfied and managed to come with my own based on many exhibition games using GR182k10v4 rosters. Give em a go and let me know what you think
I,ve tried one game so far (stopped it during the 3rd quarter), Redskins vs Packers, and it was a defensive game... cpu coverage was so good, same for the run D...

I'll try another one, Texans @ Lions, i'll give you some feedback

The complete experience - The Rebuilding Project
Old 08-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
TRP
Rookie

TRP's Arena

I have to say before everything that I'm still doing some rookie errors, like thinking that the X button is in the A emplacement (I have a Ps3 too so...)

Final Score : Texans (CPU) 24 - Lions (Me) 14

Good points first.

1) Passing game feels great. Although I got picked 3 times, they were all legit INT's. Also, I played with Stafford and Hill (Shaun), and Stafford was great, Hill was a jerk.

2) CPU Team ''have fun with me'' style : What I want to say is that it's FUN to play against the CPU and not FRUSTRATING.

Bad points.

1) Too many injuries. 1st quarter was deadly for me, with 3 players injured, including Jahvid Best and Matt Stafford. There was also another injury, but for the Texans. Make it 4, so that's a little bit too much (must be 2, big max 3)

2) Running Game was poor. I had 13 runs for 29 yds, and a lot of times there was space but the LB was just too strong, and my Center wouldn't go to the second level. On the other side, Slaton had 16 for 91 yds, with one 50 yds in the end of the game. This 50 came with a sweep while I was blitzing in the middle (a.k.a. I gave the space for him). So make it 15 for 41, not strong enough for me.

These might be the 2 biggest point to modify to have a great simulation game. Please note that the same points were there during the game before.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
TRP
Rookie

TRP's Arena

Last game for tonight, I tweaked a little bit the settings (-10 in the injuries and +5 for CPU and user rushing).

Final score : Steelers (CPU) 28 - Vikings (Me) 21

Cool game that went strange, it was 21-14 at the end of the first half and it became pretty much defensive for the second one.

Passing stats :

Ben Burger 8/15 217 yds (WUT?) 3 td's 1 Int
Brett ''I might play'' Favre 16/28 186 1 TD

Rushing stats :
Rashard Mendenhall 10 for 100 yds avg 10 yds 1 td
AP 19 for 80 yds avg 4.2 and 2 td's

So it went better in this game. CPU rushing looks strong so i'll tweak it down (it was +10 there, so I'll put it +7 and we'll see)

No injuries in this game, so from 20 i put it down to 10... let's make it for 15 then.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

Sound like pretty good games to me, you're def right about the injuries being too high, and the running can be a little stronger for the cpu, but then that too can be relative to your skill level. I just wanted to make sure there werent average RBs breaking for 40+ yard bursts every game. If you get beat for one, its because YOU were out of position, missed a tackle or picked a bad defensive set, not poor game AI or programming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 02:39 AM   #6
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

I'll try Frank's suggestions in a bit.

BTW, the commentary was "35 yards or more. Too far for Ronaldo to think about it - OHH! Absolutely sensational!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »