Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2004, 02:18 PM   #1329
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

Rickster, I'm not sure how distance is calculated for a CPU kicker, but you seeing the meter at max even with the slider set to 0 doesn't surprise me, based on the testing I did this morning. I think it's reasonable at this point to assume that it affects accuracy only (see my post a few posts up for details of the testing).
Old 08-16-2004, 02:19 PM   #1330
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdisk93
ill wait for that new version dan, because in my first game i beat the Colts 38-17 (It would have been 38-3 but i wasnt really trying after that) so i hope the new ones lower human offense, but then again i only played one game so ill play a couple other games

Thats kind of strange but because I havent been able to blow out the CPU yet, you might just be to good. LOL But yeah I will be tweaking them to lower the Human Offense, we will see how they turn out.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:33 PM   #1331
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is there a difference between adjusting the sliders from All-Pro and adjusting them from Legend?

I would think it wouldn't matter which one you started out at but it seems like some of Rickster's posts are implying differently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2004, 03:24 PM   #1332
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsui
Is there a difference between adjusting the sliders from All-Pro and adjusting them from Legend?

I would think it wouldn't matter which one you started out at but it seems like some of Rickster's posts are implying differently.
As far as I can tell, those names (All-Pro, Legend, etc.) are just labels for a collection of slider settings. Plus it's a very basic progression (30-10, 20-20, 10-30) as you work your way through the difficulty 'levels.' So I haven't seen anything that convinces me those mean anything beyond the specific slider settings themselves. I don't see any way that the game could track where you started from and have that make any difference.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:36 PM   #1333
Rookie

OVR: 4

hey bill is there a final Final slider set for ur sliders coming soon? thanks and also i look forward to dans final set too but human offens deffinently needs to go down. and in my opinon fumbles should be at 28 and kicking at 0/40 based on bills theory. i think with heelfans final set being really good and bills and dans coming soon we could have three great sets.
peace
Old 08-16-2004, 03:48 PM   #1334
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

So with that being said sounds like you don't believe it makes a difference really where you start at then? And since there is suppose to be a difference in the levels difficulity it doesn't really come into the games already intense defensive aggression either?

Now lets see if I were to say start out with the difficulty level set from Legend then playing against the CPU at rookie will not really benifit me because it can't compete since I'm suppose to be so much more superior as far as the difficulty goes...maybe I'm not quite understanding you Bill.

Even at that Level the Cpu will still find a way to impose its will on you simply due to the fact that you still need skills to be accomplished at the gameplay itself and if you don't have skills you're still going to find it difficult to compete.

So I would agree that theres something to be learned from starting out on something you're not ready for and you should start out on something less intense and let the learning curve serve you here and adjust your skill level to what you've learned and progress that way if your skills are questionable to begin with. There is a difference Bill a really, really big difference there and don't forget the VIP which is suppose to track your playing style.

Holla Back ya'll

Last edited by Rickster101; 08-16-2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:16 PM   #1335
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Now lets see if I were to say start out with the difficulty level set from Legend then playing against the CPU at rookie will not really benifit me because it can't compete since I'm suppose to be so much more superior as far as the difficulty goes...maybe I'm not quite understanding you Bill.
Holla Back ya'll
Rickster, I'm not completely sure I understand what you're asking. Metsui's question referred to the point at which you begin adjusting the sliders. Here's how I understood his question: if your final slider settings all equal 20, does it matter (in terms of game behavior) what level you started adjusting them from (All-Pro, Legend, etc.)?

My answer to that is 'no.' In terms of in-game behavior, twentyis twenty is twenty. If that slider was on 30 and you started at the Legend level, the behavior it produces at 20 will be no different than if you started adjusting it from Pro level where it was originally set on 10.

I'm not talking about a slider set for players who are just beginning to play the game--I have no opinion on how people should adjust sliders as their skills improve, or where they should start from. The sliders I use are intended to mimic, as much as possible, real NFL gameplay without any cheats (speed, psychic A.I., etc.).

roonoc, the settings below are probably final. I know I've said that a couple of times, but at this point I don't think there's much of anything else that can be tested.

Here are the settings. You might equal out pursuit--I give the CPU a really small speed bonus whe I'm on defense. Around 10 is neutral, as far as I can tell. This version incorporates small changes in pursuit and fumbles, along with a huge change for the CPU kicking, based on the testing I talked about earlier.

First value is Human setting, second value is CPU setting:
Blocking: 16,40
Passing: 0,40
Running: 16,40
Catching: 40,40
Coverage: 8,24
Pursuit: 8,10
Tackling: 8,8
Kicking: 0,40
Fatigue: 4,4
Injury: 20
Fumbles: 28
Interceptions: 0

Penalties--all at max except the following:
Offensive holding: 32
Clipping: 24
Roughing the Kicker: 32
Ineligible Receiver Downfield: 32

In the Gameplan option during the game, you can set substitution in/out thresholds. Using out 60%, in 85% provides with a good substitution pattern in conjunction with the fatigue settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2004, 04:32 PM   #1336
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

I hear ya Bill and maybe what he was asking flew under the radar on my part but still I think the sliders each carry a certain level of intensity with them, not the sliders themselves but in terms of their effectiveness to their respected levels.

In any case I'm sure after fooling around with them awhile he should be able to see and feel the difference. So now I think I'll check out your sliders which are looking pretty good from what I'm seeing hmm, I see you're still rollin' with those 40's huh? Oh well let me look at em' and get back to you bro.

Holla Back ya'll

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »