Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2004, 10:00 AM   #1353
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
Dan,

How are your sliders on INT's, I just used Ricksters and they were great for everything, but on 3 out of the first 4 drives I picked the comp off. I was using the Steelers (not great DB's) I love this game, but this aspect kills it for me, how are your sliders for this.

Well I think this might depend on how good you are at making the INTs because with my sliders you might see one or two a game but they are on bad throws by me and the cpu, I havent seen any the make you want to throw the controller thru the TV LOL
Old 08-17-2004, 10:02 AM   #1354
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSF49
Well I think this might depend on how good you are at making the INTs because with my sliders you might see one or two a game but they are on bad throws by me and the cpu, I havent seen any the make you want to throw the controller thru the TV LOL

Great I will give yours a try tonight.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:08 AM   #1355
Rookie

pbtiger's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
That's a really interesting idea. As far as my testing up to now, here are the issues I could identify:
1. The neutral pursuit setting, as far as I can determine, is in the 10-12 range. At 0, the defenders will be getting a speed penalty beyond their ratings.
2. Kickers at 0 are going to be very, very inaccurate, far worse than real life.
3. Coverage at 0 is painful to watch--the DB's act totally brain-dead. They are good enough at 8 for it to be bearable.
4. The CPU offense is too weak (I think) even with their offensive sliders maxed out. So putting them at 0 is going to reduce that even further.

The nature of these sliders makes it very, very hard to objectively determine what is 'neutral.' Kicking and pursuit can be measured, but most of the rest are subjective to some degree, except for the turnover/penalty sliders.
Thanks for the response. That makes a lot of sense. I made some tweaks last night and bumped up human coverage and pursuit to 8 and 6, respectively. I increased human blocking to 10 and catching to 2. The human running setting at 0 is almost impossible to sustain any consistency with the CPU pursuit at 10 so that slider would probably need to be bumped up. The CPU settings I have are blocking at 20, passing at 24, running at 22, coverage at 24, catching at 20, pursuit as stated above, tackling at 8, and kicking at 40. BTW great catch on the kicking. The CPU actually missed a 42 yd. fg with the slider at 40 (10 mph crosswind), so I agree the slider at 40 looks right. Right now these settings give you a close to Legend modifier of 1.70. However, I think I am making my offense too difficult to operate.

Results from a game I played last night were painful at best. I was the Skins vs. the Ravens, which I feel have a great defense regardless. Anyway, I had a 94 yd. drive to open the game and I was thinking the sliders were too easy, and well, that was it for me. I believe Boller was 25-35 (15-19 at the half) passing for 220 with 1 TD, 1 Int. Lewis had about 115 yds. on 26 carries. I, on the other hand had about 140 yds passing (13-28 1 TD, 2 Int.) and had 50 yds. rushing on 22 attempts. I lost 21-7.

I think I will make a few changes based on your testing to increase the blocking and running a little for the Human, which hopefully will improve the running game a little. Overall, I, as strange as it sounds, enjoyed the CPU moving up and down the field on sustained drives (No TD drive was less than 6 plays) while also having several 3 and outs. I feel like its close, but penalizing myself doesn't necessarily make it real.

Thanks again for all of your input. It has really helped me understand the theory behind some of these settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 11:41 AM   #1356
Rookie

yantis0524's Arena

OVR: 2

Someone posted earlier about certain sliders off-setting each other and needing to total 40. Based on this, I created my own sliders in favor of the cpu, but totalling 40 and have had some great games. Off the top of my head, these are the sliders that off-set each other:

Blocking vs. Pursuit
Passing vs. Coverage
Running vs. Tackling

Based on this, these are my sliders:
Hum. CPU
Block 20 32
Pass 20 32
Run 20 32
Catch 40 40
Coverage 8 20
Pursuit 8 20
Tackling 8 20
Kicking 0 20
Fatigue 20 20
Injury 12 12
Fumble 24 24
Ints. 0 0

The CPU has been more productive with these sliders for some reason. I really think there is a difference with all the sliders off-setting each other. I haven't had a pick in two games. Before, I would get 4 or 5 a game. So, thanks to whoever came up with this idea.

Shawn
=============
Old 08-17-2004, 11:59 AM   #1357
Rookie

OVR: 4

hey dan i suggest putting fumbles at 28 caue 24 is to little. also bump up injuries 2. 20 seems to be perfect. and if u read bills whole thing on kicking i suggest putting cpu kicking at 40. ints should always be at zero. otherwise it seems to be to much. just some suggestions and everything else looks good ill try em later. oh and u dont have to play 6 or 7 min either just whatever gets u 115-130 plays.
peace
Old 08-17-2004, 07:44 PM   #1358
Rookie

OVR: 2

Concerning bill's sliders, everything is going well through 4 games I've played with these sliders (gone 2-2 with my Chiefs, with Green and Holmes injured). However, the main thing I've noticed is that I don't get many sacks. A realistic average is somewhere between 2 and 3 sacks a game for a team, however I'm not really having much luck getting those numbers. Is this a glitch in the engine, or can this be fixed without ruining another part of the game?
Old 08-17-2004, 07:55 PM   #1359
Banned

OVR: 18

ok...i think im ready for Hall of Fame Sliders...whose with me
Old 08-17-2004, 08:44 PM   #1360
Rookie

OVR: 4

what do you mean exactly by "hall of fame sliders" jordan????
peace

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »