lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 09:44 PM   #1362
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480
Just played my third franchise game with Bill's sliders and they are excellent. I played 9 min. quarters on fast speed and the game was amazing. Barbarandroid, try them for more then one game, because I got completely owned by the Cardinals(Fantasy Draft), as Holt had 156 yards and 2 tds in the first half (went on to only finish with 186 yards and 2 tds), 33-10. The QB plays a big role in the offense and any good QB will give you a rough time. Same with RB's, if you are unable to stop the run, they'll run all over you, if you can't stop the pass, they'll pass all over you. Sliders are great!
Not for nothing but I started playing on fast mode today as well. The reason I did it was for a change of pace and the choppy movements were starting to bug me. The thing that I noticed on fast mode is that the movements don't appear to be as choppy as they do on normal or slow mode. Slow mode is to slow for me anyway. Also, I watched the Bucs game last night and noticed how fast everthing happens and how quick the players reacted to the ball. To me, the game seemed to flow a little better while I was playing. Almost like a real game.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:29 PM   #1363
Rookie

OVR: 4

jordan ive tried cpu 40 human 0 a bunch before and the problem with it is the cpu has a cheat factor when there all at 40. for instance when they run the ball and u try and tackle someone like lee suggs with ray lewis he fails a bunch and u just cant bring down the ball carrier no matter how good u are because of the cpu cheating. it just goes way to muchn into the cpus favor that it just isnt fun. i guess if ur really good with all the sliders out there then u could try these but after expirementing with it for a while they just dont work well at all. very unrealistic play imo.
peace
Old 08-18-2004, 02:33 AM   #1364
Rookie

OVR: 1

so i am confused. are dans....ricksters sliders from pro, all-pro or what? i have trouble covering guys on pro...so these cover sliders being low is ludacris
Old 08-18-2004, 08:14 AM   #1365
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevAtlanta
so i am confused. are dans....ricksters sliders from pro, all-pro or what? i have trouble covering guys on pro...so these cover sliders being low is ludacris

it doesn't matter if it's from rookie, once you more any slider on any level it becomes custom, it doesn't matter what level you start from.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2004, 08:45 AM   #1366
Pro

OVR: 11
Thumbs up Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

For anyone that is using my sliders the newest version I put out Version 2 and is having a problem running the ball, make the following adjustements.

Human Blocking from 22 to 23
Human Running from 24 to 25
CPU Pursuit from 18 to 17
CPU Tackling from 16 to 15

This should help, I lowered the Human Offense but I think I went a little to far in the version 2 sliders so I had to bump it back up just a little. Try these out if you are seeing any problems. Comments appreciated
Old 08-18-2004, 08:45 AM   #1367
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been playing on fast mode all along. Before 2k5, I had never played a 2k series game and slow/normal just didn't seem quite right.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:07 AM   #1368
MVP

OVR: 11
Talking Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

I have been playing this game as much as I can and tweaking the sliders constantly. After reading this thread and trying everyone's suggestions I think I have come up w/some pretty good sliders. I think the running game is still a little easy so I may tweak that later. But I have gotten pretty good results with these including a nailbiter win against Greenbay( I play as the Bears, my hometown team) 28-17 in which I had a pick against them on their goal line drive in the 4th quarter. Anyway, with theses sliders, the CPU runs and passes pretty good and will hit the hole w/good accuracy. On offense, you must read the holes or you will get stuffed and no more super back stuff. I have not been on this board for a while but I think ESPN football is by far the best football game this year.

MINS I play 5mins, Normal speed but that's because I have a newborn and a 5 year old so I Try to get in as many game as possible but I suggest 6-8mins

SUB IN/OUT 60/85

HUMAN / CPU
Blocking 15/40 (I may lower these for Human)
Passing 10/40
Running 15/40 (I may lower these for Human)
Catching 20/40
Coverage 12/30
Pursuit 12/30
Tackling 10/20
Kicking 10/10
Fatigue 5/5
Injury 20/20
Fumbles 25/25 (the game against Greenbay was in the snow, they fumbled twice and me once)
Int 0/0

Penalties
All at 40 but change these:
Defensive pass interference 35
Offensive Holding 30
Roughing the Kicker 30
Ineligible man 30
Clipping 0

Thanks to Dan, Bill, and Rickster for serving as a guide for my sliders

Last edited by bizcanos; 08-18-2004 at 10:09 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »