Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2004, 05:37 PM   #1697
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSF49
Hey guys I setup a nice spreadsheet with all of my Team Sliders and Settings. I also added up the Offensive Sliders, Defensive Sliders and Overall Sliders for each team, and ranked them, so now you can see which teams are the best and worst with these team sliders, it came out pretty nice. let me know how you like it.
O ya nice work.

Tim
Old 08-25-2004, 05:39 PM   #1698
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
eq means exactly what it sounds like even play

i saw a rb back have the whole to the touchdown, but step left into the back of his blocker, and i tackled him...

ima just play with it off
I am with jordan on this one. I have been having better games with it off.

Tim
Old 08-25-2004, 05:47 PM   #1699
Rookie

Won aganist seattle. Off to play Green Bay in championship game.

Finale score. 24 - 10. It was a lot closer then the score tells ya.

Tim

Last edited by Timathie; 08-25-2004 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:03 PM   #1700
Rookie

OVR: 9

So Dan's sliders shouldnt be used for default rosters? If that is true, then what do we use? Also, how do you guys play franchise with em? Help me...third post.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:31 PM   #1701
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianChexMix
So Dan's sliders shouldnt be used for default rosters? If that is true, then what do we use? Also, how do you guys play franchise with em? Help me...third post.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...postcount=1422

Please I am in noway trying to be rude here. But alittle reading on your part will go along ways to answering your ?ings. Start with the post I have linked above and read all the way though. Then post any ? you may have.

I am also working a web page for this concept. I will post Jordan's default roster sliders and Dan's xrob roster sliders. Pluse I will put them in speed sheet format for all to download. And detailed instuctions on how to use these sliders.

Tim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 07:03 PM   #1702
MVP

OVR: 9

I played a nice game last night using the team sliders. Miami visits Buffalo, and posts a 22-21 victory. Mare hits 5 field goals, and RB Travis minor rambles for 89 yards on 25 carries in the victory. Some things I noticed:

A.J. Feeley throws no interceptions, and completes 18-26 with no TD's
I bench Ricky (pot smoking bum), and Minor does an admirable job, but has to work for it. I felt each run and subsequent yardage were really earned.
The Dolphins' secondary watched Travis Henry score 2 touchdowns on runs of 56 and 71 yards respectively....Once he hit the hole, there was no stopping him.
I had a great time playing the game, and it was much more competitive than my romping the CPU on All Pro like usually happens.

Bottom line, I love the "Team Slider" idea. The only thing I wonder about is if you average all 11 defensive players' speed attributes to get the slider setting for pursuit, you really handcuff the real speed attributes of the one or two very speedy d-backs-if a couple of your linemen are fat a$$es that are terribly slow. Now, maybe it was just me taking bad angles due to my pursuit being different, but Henry flat-out outran my d-backs and corners. Now, I know he is pretty quick, but outrunning Pat Surtain??? Twice?? He just pulled away from him like he was a linebacker.
Other than that, which I can certainly tweak if i need to, the whole team Slider concept is great. It allows you to not make cookie-cutter, vanilla changes to the teams you play against. If the team you are playing has a great QB, well then his pass rating as well as the whole team's passing game are enhanced. This is a great idea, and I will incorporate this idea within the NCAA and the NHL games as well. Great job whoever thought of it, and keep up the great work.

SYF
Old 08-25-2004, 07:08 PM   #1703
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timathie
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...postcount=1422

Please I am in noway trying to be rude here. But alittle reading on your part will go along ways to answering your ?ings. Start with the post I have linked above and read all the way though. Then post any ? you may have.

I am also working a web page for this concept. I will post Jordan's default roster sliders and Dan's xrob roster sliders. Pluse I will put them in speed sheet format for all to download. And detailed instuctions on how to use these sliders.

Tim

Tim, i have the method (setup) for the team specific sliders you posted and Dan said he made changes to a set he posted. Is there any way you can make a simple sheet of exactly how we make those team changes in our franchise? A new, clearer set. PLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!

Thanks.

mman19
Old 08-25-2004, 07:24 PM   #1704
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman19
Tim, i have the method (setup) for the team specific sliders you posted and Dan said he made changes to a set he posted. Is there any way you can make a simple sheet of exactly how we make those team changes in our franchise? A new, clearer set. PLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!

Thanks.

mman19
I am sorry mman I dont understand your ?. Are you talking about inputing the sliders before everygame. Or are you talking about players ratings so you can come up with the sliders, or both.

Like I said I am working on a web page that will be very in deepth about the wholething. If jordan and dan would like to help that would be great. Right now I am putting it all on paper so I now the wording is right.

Tim

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »