Home

Old 04-28-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MM's Coach Mode Sliders

Hi everyone!

I've been dusting off older games and playing them to see how the current generation holds up against the past. I remembered this great football game that is now going on 13 years old. I'm sure we've all used the sliders in the prior posts, but now I'm looking to take the stick skills out of it and focus on the GM/coach/playcalling side of things combined with the ESPN presentation.

Edited, 5/1

I've started with these:
block: 18
Pass:40
run: 26
catch: 40
cov: 2
Pursuit: 8
Tackle: 4
Kick: 40
fat: 4
inj: 18
Fum:22
Int: 0

I'm playing with coach mode on, 8 minute quarters and penalties all maxed except off holding, roughing the kicker, and ineligible receiver downfield at 32....clipping is at 24.

I will be looking at improving these over the coming weeks and look forward to input from fellow coach mode players (assuming you guys are still out there!)

Last edited by MM1974; 05-01-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2018, 02:33 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: MM's Coach Mode Sliders

adjustment #1

So, after a number of games, I think I'm going make the following changes:

Blocking: 18
Run: 22
Coverage:10
Pursuit: 10

I've only played one game at these settings, but it was really close (23-20)

and after the defense contained my running back for the entire game, he broke away down the sideline for a 62 yard touchdown!!!!! What a game!

I really like the smoothness of these.

More testing tomorrow!

Last edited by MM1974; 04-29-2018 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would be interested to know the int numbers. To me that was the coach mode killer.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2018, 10:55 AM   #4
Rookie

I'm working on testing these with strong teams as well as weak ones.

So far, for whatever reason, the only QB that has had an issue with throwing ints was Kurt Warner.

I am keeping a close eye on the INT numbers in the coming days.

Also, I'm testing lowering blocking and raising RB ability more as sacks have been very few and far between. That could be because the DL isn't any good on the Giants (need to test these with a good DL...outside of Strahan).

Last edited by MM1974; 04-29-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Evening ESPN 2k 5 junkies,

I've been spending a number of hours in the basement (or slider determinate as we sophisticated players refer to it lol) and I've encountered a number of problems mainly with the passing game.

I've tried a number of different sets, and believe it or not I've made some adjustments to the slider set on top.

I've also been experimenting with zero sliders....that's right.....setting everything to zero outside of fatigue, interceptions, fumbles, and injuries and I've actually been getting pretty good games. I was pretty surprised at that.
I'm going to keep playing and I'll post my findings as time will allow. Feel free to comment and happy playing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2019, 07:50 PM   #6
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM1974
Evening ESPN 2k 5 junkies,

I've been spending a number of hours in the basement (or slider determinate as we sophisticated players refer to it lol) and I've encountered a number of problems mainly with the passing game.

I've tried a number of different sets, and believe it or not I've made some adjustments to the slider set on top.

I've also been experimenting with zero sliders....that's right.....setting everything to zero outside of fatigue, interceptions, fumbles, and injuries and I've actually been getting pretty good games. I was pretty surprised at that.
I'm going to keep playing and I'll post my findings as time will allow. Feel free to comment and happy playing!
I know this is an old thread but I am interested in what you came up with if anything. Thanks!
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »