Home

Whose Sliders Are You All Using

This is a discussion on Whose Sliders Are You All Using within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2004, 11:54 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Arrow Re: Whose Sliders Are You All Using

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I've tried so hard to get into this game but big play after big play for the CPU and myself doesn't make an enjoyable football game for me. It's a shame because this game looks really good and the animations are the best I have seen in any sports game. Gameplay is what matters to me though, I've tried so many slider sets and it's always the same, big play after big play.
Really? What was the last set of sliders you used. I hardly ever have big plays. But when I do, it changes he whole game. PEACE!

Oh yeah, pbtiger, I could not agree more with your statement above. Enjoy this game for what's it worth.

Anyway, here are my sliders:
1. HUMAN / CPU ( the "40" factor)
Blocking 15/35
Passing 0/35
Running 15/35
Catching 15/40
Coverage 5/40 (may change to 4 for Human)
Pursuit 5/25
Tackling 5/25
Kicking 10/30
Fatigue 10/15
Injury 20
Fumbles 25
Int 0

SUB IN/OUT 90/80, EQ -Off

Last edited by bizcanos; 08-26-2004 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:14 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcanos
Really? What was the last set of sliders you used. I hardly ever have big plays. But when I do, it changes he whole game. PEACE!

Oh yeah, pbtiger, I could not agree more with your statement above. Enjoy this game for what's it worth.

Anyway, here are my sliders:
1. HUMAN / CPU ( the "40" factor)
Blocking 15/35
Passing 0/35
Running 15/35
Catching 15/40
Coverage 5/40 (may change to 4 for Human)
Pursuit 5/25
Tackling 5/25
Kicking 10/30
Fatigue 10/15
Injury 20
Fumbles 25
Int 0

SUB IN/OUT 90/80, EQ -Off
Alright here's my final set:

HUMAN / CPU
Blocking 15/40
Passing 0/40
Running 15/40
Catching 20/40
Coverage 4/40
Pursuit 5/25
Tackling 0/20
Kicking 10/30
Fatigue 5/10
Injury 20
Fumbles 25
Int 0

SUB IN/OUT 70/90
Old 08-27-2004, 08:37 PM   #11
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Whose Sliders Are You All Using

The last set I used were jbprice20's. Timathie, I never said that I was too good at the game. Stop trying to pick a fight and grow up. I'm going to give pbtiger and bizcano's sliders a chance before I give up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2004, 01:31 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Unhappy Re: Whose Sliders Are You All Using

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
The last set I used were jbprice20's. Timathie, I never said that I was too good at the game. Stop trying to pick a fight and grow up. I'm going to give pbtiger and bizcano's sliders a chance before I give up.
It was a giving you a compilment, praise, giving you a good word, saying I wish I could do that. Why does everyone got to read everything that is posted as a negitive thought, or insault around here. Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up. Last time I give someone around here a good word.

Tim

Last edited by Timathie; 08-28-2004 at 01:33 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:50 AM   #13
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

If that was your intent then I apologize.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:09 AM   #14
MVP

Another good game with my sliders. Well I thought. Something about my games is starting to bother me. The last few games have been close for 3 quarters and then in the fourth the CPU just gives up. I was playing the Bills 10-10 in the 3rd, 30-10 final score I win. Against the Patriots, their up 17-16 in the 3rd, 40-27 I win again. Against the Eagles 10-10 in the 3rd, I win 28-10 in the fourth. I am not sure what to attribute this to but it leads to a big let down at the end of games.

Anyway, I know I said the last set was my final but I am kicking FG's with ease so I am changing that slider. I will never say a set is my last anymore because now I am working on the sub in/out sliders and fatigue. Once I have those down I will be set. PEACE!

SUB IN/OUT 70/90 ( may change to 80/90 or 85/95)

HUMAN / CPU
Blocking 15/40
Passing 0/40
Running 15/40
Catching 20/40
Coverage 4/40
Pursuit 5/25
Tackling 0/20
Kicking 10/30 -> 5/30
Fatigue 5/10 ( I am going to try 10/20 or 20/30)
Injury 20
Fumbles 25
Int 0

Last edited by bizcanos; 08-28-2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:51 PM   #15
Pro

You guys are right about customization. We all have such different levels of skill when playing that it makes it very hard for one set to work for everyone.

I think there are probably only a few settings that you could make a case for being common across slider sets:
1. Pursuit in the 8-10 range (or lower for the Human player) because that's the neutral setting.
2. CPU Kickers at 40, because at that setting they're still less accurate than real NFL kickers.
3. Interceptions at 0 (and with pursuit at the optimal setting, there is no interception problem).
4. Fumbles around 28 (because we tested it).

Those settings could be called 'objective,' but almost everything else has something to do with your playing style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2004, 04:06 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
You guys are right about customization. We all have such different levels of skill when playing that it makes it very hard for one set to work for everyone.

I think there are probably only a few settings that you could make a case for being common across slider sets:
1. Pursuit in the 8-10 range (or lower for the Human player) because that's the neutral setting.
2. CPU Kickers at 40, because at that setting they're still less accurate than real NFL kickers.
3. Interceptions at 0 (and with pursuit at the optimal setting, there is no interception problem).
4. Fumbles around 28 (because we tested it).

Those settings could be called 'objective,' but almost everything else has something to do with your playing style.
I agree w/INT and I will try Kicking @ 40 for the CPU. But w/Pursuit if I play with it that low for the CPU, I just dust em and catch everything. Maybe its just me, I don't know. With CPU pursuit @ 25, my games have been alot closer and it cuts down on big plays. Also w/pursuit that high, I have not thrown an INT in 3 games. I do give up any hope of a kickoff/punt return yardage but I can deal with that. Again, maybe just me. I love this game but when I put anything low for the CPU, I just kill em.PEACE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »