Home

Some new sliders.

This is a discussion on Some new sliders. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2004, 05:42 PM   #9
Rookie

scoman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Some new sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
i cant believe no one uses the balance theory with regards to sliders...you guys realize that every default slider setting somehow manages to equal the full amount, 40.

HUMAN / CPU

rookie:
40 / 0

pro:
30 / 10

all pro:
20 / 20

legend:
10 / 30

....so why doesnt anybody use this guideline when creating their custom slider setting...by setting sliders to balance out, your not off setting original programming...

there is one offensive slider that should be combined with a defensive slider to equal a FULL (40) slider. they go as following:

HUMAN BLOCKING + CPU PURSUIT = 40
HUMAN PASSING + CPU COVERAGE = 40
HUMAN RUNNING + CPU TACKLING = 40

CATCHING, FATIGUE, KICKING, FUMBLE, INJURY, INT are all individual sliders which could be set to whatever you would like because they do not affect anything else but what it is prescribed for.

i hope some of you might make an attempt to do this as I have had the BEST possible gameplay using this theory...i have went threw so many sliders before this...give it a shot...you will understand the impact of it right from the get-go.

So lets see your sliders your so proud of and what is the difficulty modifier?
Old 08-31-2004, 10:13 PM   #10
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoman
well excuse me if i came off to seem like the next great scientist of video game sliders...didnt mean it that way...

so here are my sliders for anyone interested:

HUMAN / CPU

blocking 22 / 27
Passing 32 / 35
running 20 / 26
catching 30 / 40 (independent slider)
pursuit 13 / 18
tackling 18 / 20
coverage 5 / 8
fatigue 30 / 30 (independent slider)

injury 15
fumbles 26
int 0

sub out 80, sub in 95

i dont know the diffuculty modifier, i could check on that tomorrow...i am no near my box, i just grabbed the piece of paper i had my slider values written on...

i still feel the #1 aspect of slider settings is the fatigue value...originally when i began playing the game, i had value at default..then i saw everyone posting there sliders with low fatigue values so i did the same...however, over time, i found that a low fatigue slider value hurts player performances no matter what you set your auto subs to.....i see OL get tired during drives and this would lead to them blocking the air...sure this happens anyway, but with a high fatigue value (meaning the players do not tire as quickly), i find the players skill levels and attributes to be more present...no longer do i have to worry about a great player performing like a bum because of his low stamina rating...the downside, players dont tire like they do in the NFL...but i would much rather have a game that plays well with players not tiring as quickly then a game that has players tiring quickly, causing choppy play.

NOTE****

i raised all QB's in the league CONSISTENCY ratings to improve AI QB play. i did the following:

original rating / points added
90+ / +3
80+ / +5
70+ / +7
0-60 / +10

i dont have to do this but i elected to...

NOTE****

way too many INT's by the HUMAN DEFENSE in this game even with the INT slider set to 0. so i took ONLY my team i was going to start a franchise with and lowered all CB, FS, SS, OLB, MLB CATCH ratings to single digits...again, you dont have to do this...you also cant do it if you are already in a franchise...but this has deff helped me not get as many INTs per game and per season...

enjoy!
Old 08-31-2004, 10:43 PM   #11
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoman
well excuse me if i came off to seem like the next great scientist of video game sliders...didnt mean it that way...

so here are my sliders for anyone interested:

HUMAN / CPU

blocking 22 / 27
Passing 32 / 35
running 20 / 26
catching 30 / 40 (independent slider)
pursuit 13 / 18
tackling 18 / 20
coverage 5 / 8
fatigue 30 / 30 (independent slider)

injury 15
fumbles 26
int 0

sub out 80, sub in 95

i dont know the diffuculty modifier, i could check on that tomorrow...i am no near my box, i just grabbed the piece of paper i had my slider values written on...

i still feel the #1 aspect of slider settings is the fatigue value...originally when i began playing the game, i had value at default..then i saw everyone posting there sliders with low fatigue values so i did the same...however, over time, i found that a low fatigue slider value hurts player performances no matter what you set your auto subs to.....i see OL get tired during drives and this would lead to them blocking the air...sure this happens anyway, but with a high fatigue value (meaning the players do not tire as quickly), i find the players skill levels and attributes to be more present...no longer do i have to worry about a great player performing like a bum because of his low stamina rating...the downside, players dont tire like they do in the NFL...but i would much rather have a game that plays well with players not tiring as quickly then a game that has players tiring quickly, causing choppy play.

NOTE****

i raised all QB's in the league CONSISTENCY ratings to improve AI QB play. i did the following:

original rating / points added
90+ / +3
80+ / +5
70+ / +7
0-60 / +10

i dont have to do this but i elected to...

NOTE****

way too many INT's by the HUMAN DEFENSE in this game even with the INT slider set to 0. so i took ONLY my team i was going to start a franchise with and lowered all CB, FS, SS, OLB, MLB CATCH ratings to single digits...again, you dont have to do this...you also cant do it if you are already in a franchise...but this has deff helped me not get as many INTs per game and per season...

enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2004, 02:33 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

HUMAN / CPU

running 20 / 26

tackling 18 / 20
Shouldn't computer runnning be at 22 to keep the factor of 40 ?

Regards,
Geo
Old 09-01-2004, 08:25 AM   #13
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

whoops...sorry about that

EDIT:

HUMAN tackling is 14

CPU running stays at 26
Old 09-01-2004, 05:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
whoops...sorry about that

EDIT:

HUMAN tackling is 14

CPU running stays at 26

why is catching an independent slider?
Old 09-01-2004, 08:19 PM   #15
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

Lightbulb Re: Some new sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
why is catching an independent slider?
good question....unfortunately i have no idea...there is 4 offensive sliders and 3 defensive sliders....i guess i ran out of defensive sliders to match up with an offensive slider...for all i know my little scientific theory could be bull donkey...but the game plays so freakin great that i could care less....it seems logical, but beyond that i dont know....some things are just unexplainable i guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2004, 11:50 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11
Arrow Re: Some new sliders.

HUMAN / CPU = 1.82 or 1.81
Blocking 15/40
Passing 0/40
Running 15/40
Catching 20/40
Coverage 4/40
Pursuit 4/20
Tackling 0/20
Kicking 0/35
Fatigue 10/20 (or 10/15 if the CPU is too much for you)
Injury 20
Fumbles 25
Int 0

SUB IN/OUT 80/90

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »