Home

Some new sliders.

This is a discussion on Some new sliders. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2004, 12:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Some new sliders.

After modifying the sliders from All-Pro for a couple of weeks, I gave up and tried Bill's sliders. Maybe I'm just not very good, but the stats ended up being much more offensive-minded than I found realistic. Way too many rushing yards for both teams in my games. So, using Bill's sliders as a base, I've found a set that really works well with my playing style and skill level to produce realistic results. The VIP modifier ends up being around 1.68.

8 minute quarters, 6 minute simmed quarters

Auto-Sub: 60% out, 85% in

H C
Blocking: 14 31
Passing: 14 40
Running: 14 40
Catching: 31 40
Coverage: 6 16
Pursuit: 12 8
Tackling: 14 16
Kicking: 16 40
Fatigue: 15 15
Injury: 20
Fumbles: 23
Interceptions: 0

Penalties:

Neutral Zone, Def. P.I., Offensive Holding, Defensive Holding, and Clipping: 26

Offensive P.I., Roughing Passer/Kicker, Ineligible Receiver, Face Mask: 33

I'm also using Bill's franchise house rules, which make managing the team very realistic.

Try 'em out... let me know what you think!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2004, 12:59 AM   #2
M*c *dd*ct

OVR: 7
Re: Some new sliders.

I'll try these out as I am not too keen on the team sliders. I don't enjoy putting in new sliders each game that I am playing.

Currently Playing:
  • Madden NFL 2007 [360]
  • Guild Wars [PC]
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion [360]
  • Enchanted Arms (soon) [360]
Freelance Graphic / Web Designer - Website coming soon
Old 08-31-2004, 09:26 AM   #3
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

i cant believe no one uses the balance theory with regards to sliders...you guys realize that every default slider setting somehow manages to equal the full amount, 40.

HUMAN / CPU

rookie:
40 / 0

pro:
30 / 10

all pro:
20 / 20

legend:
10 / 30

....so why doesnt anybody use this guideline when creating their custom slider setting...by setting sliders to balance out, your not off setting original programming...

there is one offensive slider that should be combined with a defensive slider to equal a FULL (40) slider. they go as following:

HUMAN BLOCKING + CPU PURSUIT = 40
HUMAN PASSING + CPU COVERAGE = 40
HUMAN RUNNING + CPU TACKLING = 40

CATCHING, FATIGUE, KICKING, FUMBLE, INJURY, INT are all individual sliders which could be set to whatever you would like because they do not affect anything else but what it is prescribed for.

i hope some of you might make an attempt to do this as I have had the BEST possible gameplay using this theory...i have went threw so many sliders before this...give it a shot...you will understand the impact of it right from the get-go.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:32 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
i cant believe no one uses the balance theory with regards to sliders...you guys realize that every default slider setting somehow manages to equal the full amount, 40.

HUMAN / CPU

rookie:
40 / 0

pro:
30 / 10

all pro:
20 / 20

legend:
10 / 30

....so why doesnt anybody use this guideline when creating their custom slider setting...by setting sliders to balance out, your not off setting original programming...

there is one offensive slider that should be combined with a defensive slider to equal a FULL (40) slider. they go as following:

HUMAN BLOCKING + CPU PURSUIT = 40
HUMAN PASSING + CPU COVERAGE = 40
HUMAN RUNNING + CPU TACKLING = 40

CATCHING, FATIGUE, KICKING, FUMBLE, INJURY, INT are all individual sliders which could be set to whatever you would like because they do not affect anything else but what it is prescribed for.

i hope some of you might make an attempt to do this as I have had the BEST possible gameplay using this theory...i have went threw so many sliders before this...give it a shot...you will understand the impact of it right from the get-go.

And who told you this 40 thing is true? If thats the case, why do the different skill levels (rookie, all pro, etc.) have conflicting results?

I dont understand how you came up with this or what this is based on
Old 08-31-2004, 10:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormlor
I'll try these out as I am not too keen on the team sliders. I don't enjoy putting in new sliders each game that I am playing.

My only problem is human tackling might be a little high. If you get lower running results than expected, a few points drop to this setting should impact those stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2004, 11:00 AM   #6
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
And who told you this 40 thing is true? If thats the case, why do the different skill levels (rookie, all pro, etc.) have conflicting results?

I dont understand how you came up with this or what this is based on

conflicting results?

i dont understand what you are questioning...just look how the default difficulty settings are represented by the sliders..

.its like this..

..Say you put the difficulty on ALL-PRO default….after a couple games you realize the CPU cannot run on you….to me, it wouldn’t make sense just to move the CPU running slider up 5 clicks…the better way to do it is to move the CPU running up 2 clicks and HUMAN tackling down 2 clicks….after a couple more games, you still feel the CPU needs a better running game…I would move the CPU blocking up 2 or 3 clicks and the HUMAN pursuit down the same amount of clicks…this way you are never overloading one slider…..

Also, I never said anything about this “theory” being true, it is my own opinion…there is actually a couple of people that I have spoken to that have done this and the results are superior…don’t you think if this balance theory didn’t matter than the original programmers would have set default slider values to whatever number? It seems to me that they have set the default slider values to off-set one another….i would assume there is a reason behind this…this is not to say that you cant push one slider without having to reduce the corresponding slider, because you can….but I just feel the game plays a lot better when following this method… I don’t have proof from VC, I don’t need it…I just see it with my own two eyes.

Before you claim this is untrue or false, why don’t you give it a shot….

If you would like, I would gladly post my sliders.

also, everyone is overlooking FATIGUE...this is the most important aspect of sliders, IMO.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:30 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Have you posted your sliders in another thread
Old 08-31-2004, 01:46 PM   #8
mjb
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
conflicting results?

i dont understand what you are questioning...just look how the default difficulty settings are represented by the sliders..

.its like this..

..Say you put the difficulty on ALL-PRO default….after a couple games you realize the CPU cannot run on you….to me, it wouldn’t make sense just to move the CPU running slider up 5 clicks…the better way to do it is to move the CPU running up 2 clicks and HUMAN tackling down 2 clicks….after a couple more games, you still feel the CPU needs a better running game…I would move the CPU blocking up 2 or 3 clicks and the HUMAN pursuit down the same amount of clicks…this way you are never overloading one slider…..

Also, I never said anything about this “theory” being true, it is my own opinion…there is actually a couple of people that I have spoken to that have done this and the results are superior…don’t you think if this balance theory didn’t matter than the original programmers would have set default slider values to whatever number? It seems to me that they have set the default slider values to off-set one another….i would assume there is a reason behind this…this is not to say that you cant push one slider without having to reduce the corresponding slider, because you can….but I just feel the game plays a lot better when following this method… I don’t have proof from VC, I don’t need it…I just see it with my own two eyes.

Before you claim this is untrue or false, why don’t you give it a shot….

If you would like, I would gladly post my sliders.

also, everyone is overlooking FATIGUE...this is the most important aspect of sliders, IMO.
I would definitely like you to post your sliders. I have heard some good things about them but haven't found them yet. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »