Home

fellaz, what about this idea!!!

This is a discussion on fellaz, what about this idea!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2004, 06:49 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: fellaz, what about this idea!!!

Turning them all to zero essentially eliminates them. What sliders do, is tip the balance of the game one way or another. For instance, the pass slider...when you turn the human pass slider up, it does a number of things. It makes your QB throw better, makes your WR's catch better. That makes sense, right? But what it also does is makes the cpu defense play dumber. Really, that isn't good. It results in artificial advantages caused by gameplay anomolies, like players running the wrong way, bad animations, etc.

For instance, one of the things that always annoyed me is that on some running plays, guys will straight up block the wrong way (ie I call a sweep to the right, my sucky tight end turns around and runs to the left and dosent block a soul). I figured, well, it's a video game, nothings perfect, and it probably has something to do with the fact that my players may not be that great.

But, when I turn all the sliders to zero and put perf eq on, instead of the guys that suck blocking the wrong way, they block the right way. Instead of running away from the play, the block exactly like they should in the NFL.

But, you say, what about the players who straight up suck? Why should they be playing that way? Well, think about, the players who suck in the NFL don't do stuff like just turn around and block the wrong direction. They try to make their blocks right, they just suck at it. Well, that's how the game plays now. If the guy sucks, he still blocks in the right direction, he just sucks at it.

Seems to me that's how it should be. I'll tell ya this man, do yourself a favor and don't try to figure this stuff out. It's DEEP...you'll spend hours reading these slider threads. If you want realistic gameplay, that's just like the nfl (that means you will have trouble on offense, the scores will be low, you'll lose a few games) just set your sliders all at 0, turn perf eq on, and try it. Its not for everyone. If you think it's too hard, you can try adjusting the sliders from there. Some people are trying actually modifying player attributes as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2004, 12:19 AM   #26
Rookie

Talking Re: fellaz, what about this idea!!!

MY SEARCH IS OVER!

I'd like to thank everyone who was involved in the creation of this slider/roster combination in this thread.

I've modified the slider settings only very slightly and I simplified the roster changes to make it easier for myself.

BTW - More Kudo's go to Finn and his roster editor (A donation will soon find your door my friend!)

My Sliders :
EQ - On
Multiple Hot Routes - No
quarter length - 8 min
speed - slow
All zero except
CPU fatigue - 40
CPU kicking - 20
HUMAN kicking - 20
HUMAN fatigue - 8
Injury - 16
Fumble - 24
INT - 40
(BIG DEAL Makes DB dumb animations go away BUT must have HUMAN DB edits for this to work with out to many ints.)
Sub in/out - 60/85

Roster Changes

1) Change defensive player catch ratings for all players

DE/DT - 0
OLB/ILB - 2
CB/FS/SS - 4

2) change all QB's NFL PASS READ COVERAGE and CONSISTENCY ratings.

Plus (+7)
MINIMUM 70

3) Lower all QB's speed by 10 pts.

I also use Bill Harris's house rules and I limit myself to only a single (1) use of the hot route feature per series. That in itself really makes it difficult to artificially abuse the cpu and it dramatically reduced any tendencies I might have to rely on my "Money" plays.

Again, thanks to everyone involved, but I've got to run...I'm headed to a memorial service for my copy of Madden, which is officially dead and buried in my closet. May he rest in peace.

Cheers
Old 09-30-2004, 01:24 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

wouldn't changeing the catch factor for all the cb's be a downfall being i have champ bailey and he is one of the best cb's in the leauge will end up with about 10 - 20 int's this season?

and that will suck editing all the rookies at the end of the season
Old 09-30-2004, 03:38 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammogard
wouldn't changeing the catch factor for all the cb's be a downfall being i have champ bailey and he is one of the best cb's in the leauge will end up with about 10 - 20 int's this season?

and that will suck editing all the rookies at the end of the season
Picks will happen even with the above sliders/roster edits.

However, there's no way in the world Bailey is going to get 10-20 in a single season. Look up his stats at nfl.com and you'll see that he's only had nineteen in his entire career. The most he's ever had in a single season was 5...so you should expect still get somewhere between 3-5 int's a year, but not 10-20.

BTW - The most interceptions in a single season (14) was set by Dick "Night Train" Lane in 1952 (Rams) and he did it in a 12-game schedule. However, Dick is better known for his unique tackling style where he would try and "rip" a players head off. Something would fly in today's game.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:34 PM   #29
Rookie

Cool Re: fellaz, what about this idea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julfpenet
MY SEARCH IS OVER!

My Sliders :
EQ - On
Multiple Hot Routes - No
quarter length - 8 min
speed - slow
All zero except
CPU fatigue - 40
CPU kicking - 20
HUMAN kicking - 20
HUMAN fatigue - 8
Injury - 16
Fumble - 24
INT - 40
(BIG DEAL Makes DB dumb animations go away BUT must have HUMAN DB edits for this to work with out to many ints.)
Sub in/out - 60/85
I'd like to try these sliders out. I have a question though.

Question: Are you getting the average number of offense plays per game 120 to 130 using 8 minute quarters?? Please note that the 120/130 number does not include punts.

Regards,
Geo

Last edited by glessig; 09-30-2004 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:49 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

yeah thinkin bout it maybe bailey won't but still letting ty law have a catch of what ever he does and i throw a pass won't he have a better chance along with every other teams chance of int my pass a lil non realistic?

and i problay won't change ever db cb lb fs ss catch down i actually like havin the ablity to int makes it more dramtic cuz i throw like 2 - 5 a game and i only get like 2 anyway
but ima give the 0 slider a chance soon as i finsh this dajrum black
Old 09-30-2004, 06:45 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glessig
I'd like to try these sliders out. I have a question though.

Question: Are you getting the average number of offense plays per game 120 to 130 using 8 minute quarters?? Please note that the 120/130 number does not include punts.

Regards,
Geo
I average between 110-120 plays per game, but not everyone plays at the same pace. I tend to use more clock when I'm ahead and less when I'm behind, so mileage will vary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2004, 07:16 PM   #32
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

in reference ot these sliders, what kind of scores in general are you guys seeing, any low scoreing defensive struggles? ive played 2 games with sliders at 0 and eq on, the scores were 42-38 and 44-27 i won both games. weird thing is that in both of the games, ost of the points were scored in the 1st half like it was 35-21, 24-17 etc at the half. and whatever was scored in the 2nd half seemed to always be score in the last 3-4 minutes of the game. i was playing 7 minute quarters by the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »