Home

Rickster's Fair Play Sliders are freakin' awesome!

This is a discussion on Rickster's Fair Play Sliders are freakin' awesome! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2004, 04:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Rickster's Fair Play Sliders are freakin' awesome!

Rickster, hats off to you. I am getting some great results with some slightly modified versions of your "Fair Play ver 4" sliders (I knocked the human kicking down to 20 and upped the CPU kicking to 40). I just got done having the CPU-controlled Cowboys knock my Vikings all over the field and, while that sucked, the game itself played great.

Neither passer was able to do much. Carter (haven't played with the rosters at all from default) went 7 for 21 for 50 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT (a tipped pass into a major crowd at the goal line that a DLman gathered in.) I got three sacks on him, two by Udeze making a fool of the Cowboy LT to get a nice run at Carter and one when Udeze was shrugged off and Mixon got the sack. I also was pressuring him about all day.

Culpepper went 10 for 28 for 139 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs (an overthrow to Moss when Moss was getting played physical and a quick throw to the right flat that a defender jumped and took about 90 yards for the score.) I was sacked twice, once when dancing around when trying to find someone open and once when I tried running for it in the same situation. Not a lot of pressure as the Cowboys were really concentrating on dropping back into coverage--my one attempt at a screen resulted in me throwing elsewhere as both a DE and LB went that direction in coverage. I did have a rhythm going at the end of the 1st half, driving about 90 yards very quickly before giving up that INT. Nothing after that.

Bennett had a pretty quiet day. 15 for 47 with a long of 10. That good coverage also resulted in nice positional defense that kept me from any sort of big play on the ground.

Jones was outstanding. 34 carries for 213 yards. Early 4th quarter they put up a stat that he was at 22 caries for 104 yards--quite nice to see the CPU really riding the running game--the very next play he broke a tackle and caught my safety out of position on a 74 yard TD run. When I needed to stop them late to try to get the ball back he just kept running and getting tough 1st downs--once on a 4th and inches. I think their final drive ate up 4 1/2 minutes with me buring all three of my time outs and never getting the ball back.

Now. Why is this so great? Because these same sliders, yesterday, saw me dominate the Texans with the Cards 34-3 on a day when everything went right for me on both sides of the ball. Because these same sliders saw me with my Vikes trade TDs for an entire second half against the Bengals--neither D could do a thing against the pass. I'm getting different results in different games, and they all seem plausible.

Again, hats off, Rickster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2004, 12:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Rickster's Fair Play Sliders are freakin' awesome!

gilby,

could you post your version ? because i'm also using rickster's and i'm curious to see yours !
Old 09-12-2004, 02:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
gilby,

could you post your version ? because i'm also using rickster's and i'm curious to see yours !
Like I said, the only changes I've made are to the kicking. CPU kicking is at the full 40, human kicking is at 20 (set this to fit your skill...I sorta suck.)

And I think my penalties are left over from an older slider set.

Oops. Forgot one thing. Rickster had all the defensive sliders (Hum and CPU) at 5. I put them down to 4.

Last edited by Gilby; 09-12-2004 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

How about a link? or post the sliders?
Old 09-12-2004, 11:10 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

nevermind! just looked at em and wow the human offense sliders are cranked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2004, 03:46 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan17
nevermind! just looked at em and wow the human offense sliders are cranked up
Yup. CPU too, for that matter. It's generally damn tough to stop anyone with the Vikings with these.

These sliders are the first posted on the thread at The Chronicles Of Rickster101.

As I said, though, I'm getting a nice variety of games with these. I do think that the human passing and running sliders can be adjusted down for those a bit more skilled at button combo mashing. I also think that I'll keep moving the human kicking slider down as I get more experience kicking. 20 now, probably 0 eventually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »