Home

Should we REALLY have to adjust sliders to enjoy these games??

This is a discussion on Should we REALLY have to adjust sliders to enjoy these games?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2004, 09:20 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Should we REALLY have to adjust sliders to enjoy these games??

Another thing about it is the availibility of player evaluation and stats. Years back you followed your favorites, and most of it was the box scores, or looking for them on ESPN. These days there's a stat tracked for everything, and accessability to that stat.

So now the games have progressed, as well as the player evaluations, so we, as players continue to strive to play as "Real" as we can.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:23 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3

oK i'M BACK AGAIN. I do like sliders, and understand that we might need them but my main 2 questions are these.
1. Why cant game makers sit around for hours and tweak sliders for realistic gameplay for us? Maybe the game testers can come up with some really good default sliders and we would only then have to adjust the difficulty level.
2. Are we only tweeking with sliders because we probally have either played both football games this year or own both football games and one game is just not the same as the other even though we really want it to feel the same? I guess what I'm tring to say is do you think there would be as much slider changing if we only had one football game to play this year?
Old 09-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #11
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm in the minority but I hate sliders. For years with Madden I sat around and tried to find the "most accurate" sliders. Then, those would change depending on whether or not I was getting better at the game. I spent hours and hours and hours reading other peoples sliders and testing them out. Frankly, it took the fun out of the game for me. I spent so much time chasing down the "perfect sliders" that I never enjoyed the game.

Finally one day I just gave up and started playing on the default settings. Its funny but my results aren't any more realistic or unrealistic playing on default settings once you get used to them than they were spending countless hours tweaking the sliders.

I just let the game alone now. And I have no problems. I don't ever want to go back to "tweaking" and "fine tuning" anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2004, 05:44 PM   #12
Banned

I feel you on that Bondsfan. I think thats what is happening for me this year. By far this year Ive played with those damn sliders more than ever. I dont think Ive ever messed with Maddens sliders in the past, this year I have but only slightly. As far as Espn goes I dont even want to start with that! But I think it's only because Ive been curious to see how all these sliders out here work. If I never saw all these sliders posted I probally wouldnt change much, except for the things that really bothered me.
I can say for one adjusting the sliders DO help alot in Espn this year. Does it make the game more enjoyable................?????????????????????????
Old 09-23-2004, 07:38 PM   #13
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

Sliders are like an addiction to a drug. You mess around with them and you get the "perfect game" where you get all the stats that you want. But every time you play with those sliders again you can't reproduce that high. So you start experimenting with other sliders. And then others. Before you know it, you'll try anyones sliders all in the hopes of getting those perfect stats. And all this time you won't be enjoying the game, you'll just be trying to make it playable again. Just like an addiction.

Just say NO folks.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:47 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I've never seen anyone express my feelings so well before.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:52 PM   #15
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I've never seen anyone express my feelings so well before.
LOL... another former addict i see. I need to creat an SA (sliders anonomous) group.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2004, 08:46 PM   #16
Banned

Say no to Drugs and Sliders....interesting concept.
And now we have 2 great basketball games on the way, and we already have slider forums. They have not even came out yet!! People just want another hit....mmm drugs. I think Im going to have to stay away from those forums or I will never start a franchise in those games either!
I really do want the perfect sports game, I just wish my fifty dollars was enough for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »