Home

Should we REALLY have to adjust sliders to enjoy these games??

This is a discussion on Should we REALLY have to adjust sliders to enjoy these games?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2004, 09:01 PM   #17
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Should we REALLY have to adjust sliders to enjoy these games??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBIZZLE
Say no to Drugs and Sliders....interesting concept.
And now we have 2 great basketball games on the way, and we already have slider forums. They have not even came out yet!! People just want another hit....mmm drugs. I think Im going to have to stay away from those forums or I will never start a franchise in those games either!
I really do want the perfect sports game, I just wish my fifty dollars was enough for that.
The thing is, just pick a default setting (all pro) and stick with it. You'll be suprised how much more fun the game is when you're not worrying about sliders.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:15 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I may be alone in this but when I'm playing with sliders adjusted the game feels weird. But, when I'm playing with just a default difficulty level it feels better.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:47 PM   #19
Rookie

fletcher2332's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I may be alone in this but when I'm playing with sliders adjusted the game feels weird. But, when I'm playing with just a default difficulty level it feels better.
I have used irondudez and Mccoys rosters which were really great. However I started to feel if you tweak a player so much it just does not seem to feel right when your playing. The last couple of days I was playing cowboys vs Falcons and just crushing them through the whole game. I decided to play the same game with all pro default and no editing. I was actually impressed. The cpu played pretty smart. I noticed in the update VC lowered aggressive and catching for the most part. I saw hardly any bad animations. Vick would scramble because I blitzed a lot and if he could not find someone fast enough he would drop it off in the flat. The final surprisingly was 31 -14 Falcons. Vinny went 13-25 131yds 2 picks and 1 TD Vick went 11-21 189 yds 2 picks and 3 TD's. The best part was they shut my running game down, I normally get over 150 yds with george and lee. George had 13 carries for 34 yards. The part that made the game the best in my eyes, was Dunn was 19-64 and Duckett was 4 -29 yds. Without using any sliders the cpu actually subbed their Rb's when the game got in the 4th to hold on to the lead. I thought this was probably the best cpu game I have seen with no adjustments of any kind. I am curious has anyone else played a game like this since the update? Did VC actually use Mccoys theories and edits for the most part. I myself a very skeptic was impressed with the update. Off to try another game
Old 09-23-2004, 11:10 PM   #20
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I agree. I always wind up questioning things. If I make a great play, or beat the OT around the end and sack the qb, I wind up thinking to myself "did I really just make that play or was that because of the sliders". I think as long as I change the sliders, I'll always have these guilty thoughts. When I change the sliders I just feel like I'm cheating.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:40 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm starting to agree with you guys on this front. I've been playing All-Star Baseball, and have been enjoying myself very much. When I had MVP I was constantly trying to find the right sliders.... Less playing more tweaking...

Espn has become the same way, so last night I just started playing on All-Pro, and had FUN!

I may have to join that SA group!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2004, 11:30 PM   #22
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan75
I may have to join that SA group!
HA! I'm telling you, SA meetings are going to start cropping up all accross america.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:25 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, I consider myself old school and enjoyed all the early Maddens, Tecmos, Joe Montana, etc. However, I think it's great that we can alter the sliders today. Don't get me wrong. Some people take it too far and make this their game experience. Nevetheless, if they get enjoyment out of that, good for them.
In the past we had sliders as well, it was called difficulty. Most of the time, it was rubber band AI. Ever try playing the All-Madden team on the early games. Sliders are no different except you have more control over more the different aspects of the game. Personally, I don't mess with sliders unless the original setting seems really flawed to me. (Example: the running game on ESPN NFL2K4)
Not only that, I mess with the sliders once I have felt that I have mastered the game. It's fun, changing it up a bit. Kinda like when you get tired of killing the AI on the easy setting. Anyway, to each his own. I hope they never get rid of the sliders because both types can still enjoy the game.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:26 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, I consider myself old school and enjoyed all the early Maddens, Tecmos, Joe Montana, etc. However, I think it's great that we can alter the sliders today. Don't get me wrong. Some people take it too far and make this their game experience. Nevetheless, if they get enjoyment out of that, good for them.
In the past we had sliders as well, it was called difficulty. Most of the time, it was rubber band AI. Ever try playing the All-Madden team on the early games. Sliders are no different except you have more control over more the different aspects of the game. Personally, I don't mess with sliders unless the original setting seems really flawed to me. (Example: the running game on ESPN NFL2K4)
Not only that, I mess with the sliders once I have felt that I have mastered the game. It's fun, changing it up a bit. Kinda like when you get tired of killing the AI on the easy setting. Anyway, to each his own. I hope they never get rid of the sliders because both types can still enjoy the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »