Home

What can i do

This is a discussion on What can i do within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2004, 08:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What can i do

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
It takes no time at all to complete the inside slant over the middle. All you have to do is pass as soon as you drop back. There is no fix for this at all. I tried to rerate the rosters and every slider combination possible with EQ ON and OFF and it is the same problem everytime: the CPU simply cannot stop the inside slant to save its life. I think the problems are hard coded due to very poor DB awareness, bad animations, and some zone coverages are just wrong! In all my years of playing Madden and NFL 2K, NEVER have I seen a problem this bad.

This is probably one of the worst game killing flaws of all time in video football games, it is certainly in the top 10 for sure.
How is madden 2005 .Is it any good. i just cant play this game anymore .
Old 10-07-2004, 09:41 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kondo
How is madden 2005 .Is it any good. i just cant play this game anymore .

I have not yet played Madden 2005, but it should be a better more realistic game. Heck, even NFL FEVER 2004 has better CPU AI than ESPN NFL 2K5. If this is not bad enough, this same game killing flaw was in ESPN NFL 2K4 also and the developers just ignored it. Very disappointing considering that if not for this flaw, it is a very good football game.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:29 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
I have not yet played Madden 2005, but it should be a better more realistic game. Heck, even NFL FEVER 2004 has better CPU AI than ESPN NFL 2K5. If this is not bad enough, this same game killing flaw was in ESPN NFL 2K4 also and the developers just ignored it. Very disappointing considering that if not for this flaw, it is a very good football game.
up the cpu coverage to 40, and dont abuse the route. if you are having a problem with this games money routes, its the same thing in madden and fever, especially in madden. once you find the routes that work you literally do not even have to call more then 2-3 different plays all game to dominate the cpu defense. in every game you will find a play or route that is pretty much always good for yards, so stop complaining and just have fun with the game. if you really need to cheat against the CPU to win games thats your problem, it can be fixed, but it just means you have to actually play sim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2004, 11:54 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06
up the cpu coverage to 40, and dont abuse the route. if you are having a problem with this games money routes, its the same thing in madden and fever, especially in madden. once you find the routes that work you literally do not even have to call more then 2-3 different plays all game to dominate the cpu defense. in every game you will find a play or route that is pretty much always good for yards, so stop complaining and just have fun with the game. if you really need to cheat against the CPU to win games thats your problem, it can be fixed, but it just means you have to actually play sim
The problems in ESPN NFL 2K5 are not just money plays, they extend far beyond that. All football games have money plays, but in ESPN NFL 2K5 it is much worse because a big area in the middle of the field is almost always open. This means that any route that takes a receiver to the intermediate middle will be a money play. This includes posts, inside slants, and other routes that take the receiver to the middle. Money plays are NOT game killers necessarily because all football games have them, but defensive AI flaws that leave the intermediate middle open almost everytime are.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:45 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
just to warn you the quick slant is just as effective in Madden. Its just the way it is. I can do quick slant to Travis Taylor all game on Madden and i can do middle slant all game to kevin johnson in espn. IT SUX!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 04:26 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
just to warn you the quick slant is just as effective in Madden. Its just the way it is. I can do quick slant to Travis Taylor all game on Madden and i can do middle slant all game to kevin johnson in espn. IT SUX!!!
i just got madden and your right its the same thing . every thing over the middle works 90% of the time . Whats a better online game then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »