Home

Fantasy Football Strategy for FanDuel, Share Your Strategies Here

This is a discussion on Fantasy Football Strategy for FanDuel, Share Your Strategies Here within the Fantasy Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Fantasy Football Strategy for FanDuel, Share Your Strategies Here

Your entire summer is spent studying up top-tier fantasy football players, including potential sleepers and busts so you can draft the best overall team possible in your season-long league.

Even if your fantasy football team is full of studs, a couple bad breaks can cost you an entire season. You’re just one bust or crucial injury from potential playoff hopes being dashed much earlier than the championship game in Week 17.

Playing in weekly fantasy football leagues on FanDuel takes that risk out of it, and you have a chance to win much more money with a winning team, like in the The Sunday Million, which will run every Sunday. You can enter The Sunday Million for $25 any week of the season to compete for your share of a $1,000,000 prize pool with $100,000 going to first place.

At FanDuel, building a fantasy football team is pretty simple. You get $60,000 salary cap to select nine players (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF) and enter one of the available games. The competitions range from typical leagues with 6-12 entrants, tournaments with hundreds of entrants, head-to-head or 50/50 (where the top half of the playing field wins money).

It seems easy, but all you’ve known is season-long fantasy. Where do you start?

Filling your lineup with the best and most expensive players at each position sounds good, but is impossible with the available salary cap. There is room for just two or possibly three of these kinds of players.

It’s up to you to figure out which position you’d like to spend the majority of your salary cap on. Taking a look at the matchups is key. If Aaron Rodgers is going up against a weak pass defense or Jamaal Charles is facing one that can’t stop the run, they’re worth the steep price.

One great strategy is stacking a quarterback and wide receiver from the same team to reap as many fantasy points as possible from a certain performance. If you like the matchup Matthew Stafford is facing in a certain week, think about selecting Calvin Johnson as well. If Stafford has a big day, Johnson will likely be on the receiving end of the majority of his throws.

Drafting those two will cost you $18,500, but it will be well worth it if you find the right matchup and some less expensive picks for the rest of your roster.

The best part about playing weekly fantasy football is it only takes one weekend for an entire season to be completed. If you win the league, tournament or 50/50 game you entered, money will be deposited into your account and you can do it all over again the next week.

Note: FanDuel is hosting an OperationSports Fantasy Football Championship, and they’re giving the champion a Playstation 4 or XBox One as an added prize! The winner of the week 1 league wins $150 and has a chance to win the free console in the week 5 final. Click here to join!
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Fantasy Football Strategy for FanDuel, Share Your Strategies Here

You stole my thread from the FF forum, Steve

My strategy for week 1 is going to be take a QB in the $6600 or less range and put what I save towards skill positions. Staying away from the higher priced QBs since FanDuel is ppr.

I'm going with this lineup for week 1. I do have a Cowboys bias. Someone tell me if I'm stupid...

Spoiler
Old 10-26-2014, 04:46 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

You need to get permission from Steve before advertising other sites.

Last edited by wwharton; 10-27-2014 at 02:07 PM. Reason: advertising without permission
Old 11-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #4
MVP

mpbaseball22's Arena

OVR: 14

Anyone alive in here?
Old 11-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbaseball22
Anyone alive in here?
We're here. Guess people are close to the vest with strategies here since it could cost them money, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
MVP

mpbaseball22's Arena

OVR: 14

Well if you or anyone else are down to talk DFS hit up my PM's
Old 11-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #7
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

We can talk here, I was just guessing as to why there weren't more posts in the thread.

What's on your mind? Or you can send me a PM if you'd rather. I'm always down to talk fantasy, fanduel or otherwise.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #8
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

The prices have gotten so tight for everything now...the WR's are very expensive.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football »