Home

Keeper Advice

This is a discussion on Keeper Advice within the Fantasy Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 11:41 AM   #17
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Keeper Advice

So, I've got to put my keepers in by 11 pm tonight, and I'm in a bit of a quandary.

This is a 12 team PPR. Up to three keepers. Keepers cost a draft pick two rounds higher than where you drafted the player last year (i.e. drafted in the 6th last year = a 4th this year), so anyone drafted in the 1st or 2nd isn't eligible, and most players drafted in the 3rd or 4th aren't worth it. It's about finding that late round value.

So far I'm keeping Brandin Cooks for a 6th, and Mike Evans for an 8th.

The tough choice lies in my 3rd keeper.

Tre Mason for a 14th
Allen Robinson for a 14th

I think Robinson is the better long term choice, but I'm already keeping two WRs, and will presumably draft a few other viable options.

Going forward, Todd Gurley is obviously the man in STL, but idk when he'll actually play. Mason will be the starter early, and maybe potentially for a good chunk of the season (I'm aware of his hamstring issue).

Kyle Rudolph is also an option for a 14th, but I feel the value is much higher with the other two.

Thoughts? Am I over thinking this?
Old 09-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #18
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
I already selected my keepers this year. What you mean if Peyton Leaves?

Hill is great but Gio behind him scares me. Murray is going to share lots of carries and McCoy (While being the number 1 back) has injury risk.

As for WR I was also thinking Evans (Last year with subpar QB play he tied Odell in Recieving TD's) and Winston IMO will be going deep a lot.
When I said WR are the best keeper options, I was referring to who you are about to draft and them being possibly kept going into the following season. For this year, Thomas is hands down the best, but if Peyton retires after this year his stock could drop pretty drastically. So it'd be a matter of worrying more about winning this year or building options for this year and going forward.

I wouldn't argue with Evans so that works.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish
So, I've got to put my keepers in by 11 pm tonight, and I'm in a bit of a quandary.

This is a 12 team PPR. Up to three keepers. Keepers cost a draft pick two rounds higher than where you drafted the player last year (i.e. drafted in the 6th last year = a 4th this year), so anyone drafted in the 1st or 2nd isn't eligible, and most players drafted in the 3rd or 4th aren't worth it. It's about finding that late round value.

So far I'm keeping Brandin Cooks for a 6th, and Mike Evans for an 8th.

The tough choice lies in my 3rd keeper.

Tre Mason for a 14th
Allen Robinson for a 14th

I think Robinson is the better long term choice, but I'm already keeping two WRs, and will presumably draft a few other viable options.

Going forward, Todd Gurley is obviously the man in STL, but idk when he'll actually play. Mason will be the starter early, and maybe potentially for a good chunk of the season (I'm aware of his hamstring issue).

Kyle Rudolph is also an option for a 14th, but I feel the value is much higher with the other two.

Thoughts? Am I over thinking this?
How many WRs can you start? I think you should keep Robinson. Considering your keeper set up, there are probably a lot of great RBs available in the draft (they usually get drafted in the early rounds). Since you won't even be thinking about WR in the first, lets say 4 rounds, you shouldn't have a problem getting two RB1's and another with good potential if you wanted.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:15 PM   #20
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
How many WRs can you start? I think you should keep Robinson. Considering your keeper set up, there are probably a lot of great RBs available in the draft (they usually get drafted in the early rounds). Since you won't even be thinking about WR in the first, lets say 4 rounds, you shouldn't have a problem getting two RB1's and another with good potential if you wanted.
Start two WRs, plus two flex.

Yeah, I had been leaning towards Robinson. That's one thing I like about this keeper setup, you retain the excitement of the draft with all of the top players still being available.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #21
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish
Start two WRs, plus two flex.

Yeah, I had been leaning towards Robinson. That's one thing I like about this keeper setup, you retain the excitement of the draft with all of the top players still being available.
Yeah if you've got 2 flex spots I would definitely keep Robinson. You can still draft RB heavy and start all 3 of the keepers without losing flexibility.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2015, 11:17 PM   #22
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Not sure where to post this but I got the second pick of our draft on Wed.

The guy who picks ahead of me has HB: Jamal Charles and WR: Randall Cobb.

My keepers are:

HB: Adrian Peterson
WR: ODB

I have no clue what I should possibly draft with my pick this year. Any help will be appreciated.

Everyone else has kept:

QB: Russel Wilson
QB: Andrew Luck
QB: Peyton Manning
QB: Aaron Rodgers
QB: Ben Roethlisberger

TE: Jimmy Graham
TE: Rob Gronkowski

WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Randall Cobb
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: AJ Green

HB: Eddie Lacy
HB: Jamal Charles
HB: Marshawn Lynch
HB: Le' Veon Bell
HB: Frank Gore
HB: Matt Forte

Thats (Including me) 7 HB gone already. 5 QB and 6 WR as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
WRs are the best keeper options so I'd go there. Off the top of my head I think my order would be

Julio Jones (needs to stay healthy but should be as good as anyone for years)
D Thomas (will be up there with the best this year but what about after Peyton leaves?)
Cooper (seems like the real deal but does he really have a higher ceiling than say Evans?)

If you want to go RB, Hill would probably be the best long term option while still having short term value in the range of McCoy and Murray (the others probably worth considering).
I forgot to add the scoring is Yahoo standard except QB TD is 6 points and you get .5 points per reception.

Starting line up involves:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
W/R/T
K
DEF

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 09-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
I forgot to add the scoring is Yahoo standard except QB TD is 6 points and you get .5 points per reception.

Starting line up involves:

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
W/R/T
K
DEF
I think I still feel the same... WRs, but I'd throw Evans in the mix (Jones, Thomas, Evans, then Cooper)
Old 09-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #24
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Took you guy's advice and kept Brown/Charles.. ended up with Peyton Manning as my QB.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football »