Home

Keeper Advice

This is a discussion on Keeper Advice within the Fantasy Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2015, 11:14 AM   #1
FR3AK

MotorCityCadMan's Arena

OVR: 0
Keeper Advice

I am in a keeper league and we keep 4 players every year. It's six points per TD and half point PPR. Here are my options.

Calvin Johnson (k)
Matt Forte (k)
LeSean McCoy (k)
Kelvin Benjamin
Carlos Hyde
Sammy Watkins

As you can see, I have three players pretty much locked in as keepers. Who would you keep between the bottom three guys listed? I listed them in the order that I think I would keep them, so I am leaning towards KB. What do you guys think?

Last edited by MotorCityCadMan; 08-17-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 04:11 AM   #2
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Keeper Advice

Yeah KB out if those. The bills are going to be running a lot and bot sure if I make Hyde a keeper.

I have a problem as well, I'm in a 2 keeper league and I'm not sure who to take.

I think I'm going with Adrian and Odell but at the same time Winston will be slinging the ball around so Jackson could be viable. Not high on Marshall since the Jets have no QB.

This is under the assumption that I'm still able to keep Adrian, not sure how many years it's been. Also everyone in the league is required to keep 2 players and they are just the first 2 rounds. I'm pretty sure I got second pick as well.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 08-19-2015, 06:58 AM   #3
FR3AK

MotorCityCadMan's Arena

Re: Keeper Advise

I would go Peterson and Beckham Jr. for sure. I would be worried keeping Jackson and relying on a rookie QB to feed him the ball.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

MCCM, I'd remove Hyde from the choices as well but would wait until as long as possible before deciding between the WRs. Obviously Benjamin's recent injury will play a role but even with both healthy, it's a bit of a toss up.

Candyman, AP and OBJ no question.

I'm going to sticky this and make it the official keeper advise thread. Post your questions and suggestions in here.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm in a 1-keeper league. 12 teams. Based on Yahoo's rankings, we lost a 1st round for 1-12, 2nd for 13-24, etc. 0.5 PPR, .04 pt/return yard, 5 pts for passing TD. Everything else is pretty much standard for scoring. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 1 W/R/T flex.

Here is who I could keep, what I'd give up, and where Yahoo ranks them for my league's scoring right now. I'm pick #10 in the first and 3 in the second and so on:

Gronk (1st - 8)
Russell Wilson (3rd - 30)
Latavius Murray (3rd - 32)
Jordan Matthews (4th - 38)
Roddy White (7th - 75)
Isaiah Crowell (9th - 99)

I initially thought Gronk was a no-brainer at 10 but after toying with who others might keep, I think Wilson/Murray could provide some good value since I'd end up with two of the top 5-10 live picks although I'd probably lose Gronk, of course. I really like Murray but I just can't get a handle on where he'll go. I've seen him in the 3rd or as late as the 5th-6th.

The bottom three are sleepers for me...White had a lot of injury issues the last year or two and may be on the way down but would be a huge steal if he stays healthy and Jones sees any kind of slip. I only include them because they're "plus" value when I compare their ranking with what I'd give up.

If I go on what I think could be available, I'd say that I'm really comparing these two potential starts:
A)
Gronk (1st, keeper)
Andrew Luck (2nd)
DeAndre Hopkins? (3rd)

B)
Demaryius Thomas (1st)
Julio Jones (2nd)
Russell Wilson (3rd)

To me, option B actually looks a little stronger. Lending to that, I can see 4 guys possibly taken ahead of Gronk which could mean that I can draft him AND keep Wilson or a later guy. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2015, 08:57 AM   #6
FR3AK

MotorCityCadMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
I'm in a 1-keeper league. 12 teams. Based on Yahoo's rankings, we lost a 1st round for 1-12, 2nd for 13-24, etc. 0.5 PPR, .04 pt/return yard, 5 pts for passing TD. Everything else is pretty much standard for scoring. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 1 W/R/T flex.

Here is who I could keep, what I'd give up, and where Yahoo ranks them for my league's scoring right now. I'm pick #10 in the first and 3 in the second and so on:

Gronk (1st - 8)
Roddy White (7th - 75)

I initially thought Gronk was a no-brainer at 10 but after toying with who others might keep, I think Wilson/Murray could provide some good value since I'd end up with two of the top 5-10 live picks although I'd probably lose Gronk, of course. I really like Murray but I just can't get a handle on where he'll go. I've seen him in the 3rd or as late as the 5th-6th.

The bottom three are sleepers for me...White had a lot of injury issues the last year or two and may be on the way down but would be a huge steal if he stays healthy and Jones sees any kind of slip. I only include them because they're "plus" value when I compare their ranking with what I'd give up.

If I go on what I think could be available, I'd say that I'm really comparing these two potential starts:
A)
Gronk (1st, keeper)
Andrew Luck (2nd)
DeAndre Hopkins? (3rd)

B)
Demaryius Thomas (1st)
Julio Jones (2nd)
Russell Wilson (3rd)

To me, option B actually looks a little stronger. Lending to that, I can see 4 guys possibly taken ahead of Gronk which could mean that I can draft him AND keep Wilson or a later guy. What do you guys think?
With Gronks injury history and the questions surrounding the Brady suspension, I think I like your option B better. Especially because you get to keep your 1st pick and possibly get Gronk back or at the very least grab another stud in the 1st round.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:08 AM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer

Gronk (1st - 8)
Roddy White (7th - 75)

A)
Gronk (1st, keeper)
Andrew Luck (2nd)
DeAndre Hopkins? (3rd)

B)
Demaryius Thomas (1st)
Julio Jones (2nd)
Russell Wilson (3rd)

Personally, I'd keep Gronk, but I'm honestly not a fan of Wilson in the 3rd. A healthy Gronk is so far and above the next closest tight end this year that he should be the pick IMO. The only two QBs worth keeping are Rodgers and Luck to me.

And for what it's worth, @InjuryPredictor believes the chances of Gronk getting hurt this year are relatively low.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-20-2015, 10:54 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Personally, I'd keep Gronk, but I'm honestly not a fan of Wilson in the 3rd. A healthy Gronk is so far and above the next closest tight end this year that he should be the pick IMO. The only two QBs worth keeping are Rodgers and Luck to me.

And for what it's worth, @InjuryPredictor believes the chances of Gronk getting hurt this year are relatively low.
I agree with most everything you said. The more I think about Wilson in the 3rd, the more I think it's too much of a reach. Gronk is head-and-shoulders above any other TE, too.

That said, I'm falling back on my idea that Gronk could be available with my 1st pick even if I don't keep him. Even if he doesn't, I wouldn't be too upset with one of the top-tier WRs in his place.

If I'm looking at ADP, Crowell might actually be the best bet with a 9th. Seems crazy to keep someone that late but I've done it before and ended up winning the league. FWIW, footballguys.com has him going anywhere from mid-5th to late-7th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football »