Home

2016 Sit/Start Thread

This is a discussion on 2016 Sit/Start Thread within the Fantasy Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2016, 06:16 PM   #9
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2016 Sit/Start Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
Start Tyrod Taylor or Brock Osweiler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Assuming your leagues scoring gives more points for running years than passing, I'd start Tyrod.

Ameer Abdullah, Justin Forsett, or Will fuller in a flex spot? Fully standard scoring.

Watch me play video games
Old 09-11-2016, 12:02 PM   #10
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I agree with Thomas. I think Ivory is questionable, but I'd wait to see how the carries shape up btwn those two if I have another option like you do. In a PPR at home, Thomas is a fine option.
I'd go Yeldon now. Ivory is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Assuming your leagues scoring gives more points for running years than passing, I'd start Tyrod.

Ameer Abdullah, Justin Forsett, or Will fuller in a flex spot? Fully standard scoring.
+1 for Tyrod. Revenge game. Think he'll be top 5 this week. Have him in a couple daily lineups.

Forsett is a no for me. My gut says Fuller, but the smarter play is *sigh* Abdullah.

Last edited by CC; 09-11-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #11
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

Only league where I didn't win handily this week... Down 20 points and I have Rams DST left and a bottom of the barrel TE (Gronk out).

Would you go with The Outlaw Jesse James (currently owned) or Vance Big Mac McDonald? I don't pay attention to the niners but people are talking him up, so idk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 01:32 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
Only league where I didn't win handily this week... Down 20 points and I have Rams DST left and a bottom of the barrel TE (Gronk out).

Would you go with The Outlaw Jesse James (currently owned) or Vance Big Mac McDonald? I don't pay attention to the niners but people are talking him up, so idk.
He's being talked up because he's a big athletic dude, but he's still a 9er... until proven otherwise, I can't trust Gabbert. I'm not in love with James just yet either, but I trust Big Ben and the Rams D more than Gabbert and the Skins D so I'd go with James.

20 points is a lot to ask from either TE obviously so the answer may just be go with the guy you took a chance on to begin with... which still points to James.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:46 PM   #13
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

Well, I have Rams D to play too. Im hoping they do a bulk of the work for me.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #14
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
Well, I have Rams D to play too. Im hoping they do a bulk of the work for me.
Ah yeah forgot about that. They should be good for 10 with potential for more... makes the TE contribution more reasonable for sure.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:05 PM   #15
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Not so much a start/sit question as my only TE (Ertz) is injured, more of a which would you recommend picking up going forward, $100 FAAB, PPR league:

Dwayne Allen - Seems to be the obvious choice but I already have Donte Moncrief and I'm worried I might be putting too many eggs in one basket, also expect he will go for $20+ given the TE need multiple teams have.

Jesse James - Solid target guy but ceiling doesn't seem super high although I can see him as a definite red zone threat.

Vance McDonald - 49ers looked bad passing last night but for some reason I'm high on Vance, am I crazy? They should be behind often so should have to throw more than they did last night but Gabbert is throwing so that isn't necessarily good, but Vance and Gabbert had good chemistry late last season.

Jacob Tamme or Dennis Pitta - Both solid guys who get targets, not flashy but solid, like Jesse James only I think he's higher because Ben loves his TE's.

Allen seems to be clearly the best option but am I putting too many eggs in the Indy basket? That's not a bad basket to be in given Luck and how much they throw and even a down week from him might be on par with the rest of this list.

Curious to hear as many opinions as possible, all help appreciated.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #16
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniM1ke
Not so much a start/sit question as my only TE (Ertz) is injured, more of a which would you recommend picking up going forward, $100 FAAB, PPR league:

Dwayne Allen - Seems to be the obvious choice but I already have Donte Moncrief and I'm worried I might be putting too many eggs in one basket, also expect he will go for $20+ given the TE need multiple teams have.

Jesse James - Solid target guy but ceiling doesn't seem super high although I can see him as a definite red zone threat.

Vance McDonald - 49ers looked bad passing last night but for some reason I'm high on Vance, am I crazy? They should be behind often so should have to throw more than they did last night but Gabbert is throwing so that isn't necessarily good, but Vance and Gabbert had good chemistry late last season.

Jacob Tamme or Dennis Pitta - Both solid guys who get targets, not flashy but solid, like Jesse James only I think he's higher because Ben loves his TE's.

Allen seems to be clearly the best option but am I putting too many eggs in the Indy basket? That's not a bad basket to be in given Luck and how much they throw and even a down week from him might be on par with the rest of this list.

Curious to hear as many opinions as possible, all help appreciated.
I created a transactions thread and copied this question over there for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > Fantasy Football »