Home

That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5)

This is a discussion on That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #153
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis a.d.
Wow, this is a sick looking dynasty. Tough luck against the Chargers though.
Damn chargers - thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
My bad, I thought you said your girl's name was Konami.
I LOLd to that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
You had two solid tackles and a run game that was successful, yet you traded your starting qb(albeit two games) and a first for a tackle.
I dont understand why
Kubiak's Corner
Decent tackles, but not outstanding like Clady (a 91 overall, in his 2nd year). The Broncos were in need of a QB - we decided that one of our guys was not going to want to be here for long. So instead of waiting it out to see a distraction arise when it's past deadline - we decided to cut ties with one of them. I will admit, the first rounder was a tough decision.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #154
MVP

OVR: 26

Also have read from the begining. Love your work
Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #155
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Alan Burge, Houston Texans Examiner

Not that big of a deal
If Kubiak disappeared from our organization

I'll be the first one to say it: The Texans would not suffer without Kubiak.

However, could have some kind of resolution been met as a result of Kubiak's meeting with the Texans Board of Directors today, which, according to sources, included a very upset General Manager, Rick Smith.

After the meeting, the head coach had a couple words to say:

"I am deeply ashamed of how I reacted the other day during the post-game conference. It was not meant to go to that level of intensity. I believe I needed to get that frustration out - but I honestly should have waited to take it out against the Chiefs this weekend. Again, it was just a terrible way to represent the team and organization."

What a heart-felt apology. I think I might just as well forget about his Texan insult in which he referred to Bull Crap = Texans.

Yeah, sorry Kubie - you've lost my respect. Maybe if you bring a ring or two back here, I might reconsider. Till then, you're just another transitional phase - I am sure of that.

As for those of you who think Kubiak will stay till the end of the season - or even renegotiate terms - you're LaLa land. I guarantee you that the true Texan fans will not take kindly to Kubiak for long.

You diss a Texan, you diss his momma, his poppa, his granddaddy - and his dog.

You're up a certain creek, Kubiak - enjoy the smell.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 12:49 AM   #156
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Starting running back, Chris Johnson, will miss 4 weeks with shoulder tendinitis - an injury he suffered this past week against the Chargers.

Gary Kubiak on Johnson:
"Damn."

Matt Schaub on Johnson: "It's unfortunate, again. He is being run into the ground though - I think Ahman (Green) will do just fine, just like he did last year."

Defensive back (nickle), Fred Bennett, is questionable for today's game due to a pinched elbow nerve.

Gary Kubiak on Bennett:
"This could hurt us."

Kenny Lewis (rookie CB) on Bennett: "This injury is going to be chance to show what I'm made of."

Old 05-05-2009, 01:19 AM   #157
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

The Time is Now: Controversy spread like wildfire - but was quickly extinguished - it is time to put everything behind and focus on the task at hand. Kubiak and the Texans will need to put a stamp on this game. They have to execute the gameplan to the MAX. No more playing around.

The Following: Texans fans are passionate - could they show some more enthusiasm and really get in the head of the Chiefs players today? Damon Huard is a veteran quarterback, surprisingly he is the starter for the team considering Brodie Croyle is healthy. The Texans fans need to get nasty today - there has to be some kind of belief system building up. Yes, the following for Kubiak is dwindling - but will the smoke clear before the season begins to dissapear before Kubiak does?

The Score: 41-10 Texans. Ahman Green has a nack for busting out big runs in big games. This is a game the Texans could use him the most. I think we could see records being broken today. I think Schaub is going to play as great as he did last week - and never look back. The defense has been playing great for the Texans - but hopefully the passing defense will tighten it up considering they gave up some big numbers last week.

Pregame done by Matt10
Old 05-05-2009, 01:25 AM   #158
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

I got five bucks on the Chiefs if the point spread is 31!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:23 AM   #159
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
I got five bucks on the Chiefs if the point spread is 31!
You would.

I'm a Chiefs fan, so even I'm not rooting for 'em.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:18 AM   #160
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Rookie full-back, Chris Ogbannaya chats up after his first career touchdown

Chiefs and Texans in offensive shootout at halftime

Analysis: It's no surprise there's a deadlock right now, both teams are playing great offensively. Defensively, not so much - although there have been some big plays broken up. The Houston passing defense seemed to have fallen asleep - in particular, Cortland Finnegan, is playing like a zombie - getting beat bad by Dwayne Bowe.

Play of the Half: Damon Huard is playing like a man possessed, he has been shooting the ball in there fairly conservatively - but when he goes long, he also finds a receiver. The play of the half was by Tony Gonzalez, who caught a 56-yard bomb - and outraced the entire Houston secondary after bringing down the catch.

Kubiak's Quote: "We aren't playing all that bad. Some play calling has been suspect, I'll admit that - but we are executing great on offense, just a little too over aggressive on defense. I think we'll work on some more playaction schemes on offense, and focus a bit more on zoning out the perimeter on defense."

Final Score Prediction: 27-20 Houston. Safe to say 41-10 is out of the question, so my thinking is the Texans are going to find a way to eek out of this battle. If Kubiak's defense manages to execute - and confuse Damon Huard - I think this will be a game of turnovers; something we are great at. Pay attention to Dunta Robinson, he's come close a couple of times now - just has to get his mits on the ball and we could see something change changing.

Houston Stats:

QB Schaub -
12/21, 131 yds, TD
HB Green - 9 rush, 31 yds
FB Ogbonnaya - 1 rush, 7 yds, TD
WR Turner - 5 rec, 35 yds
TE Daniels - 3 rec, 38 yds, TD

Kansas City Stats:

QB Huard -
13/17, 201 yds, TD
HB Johnson - 8 rush, 30 yds **injured (broken arm - doubtful)
WR Bowe - 4 rec, 69 yds
TE Gonzalez - 1 rec, 56 yds, TD

Last edited by Matt10; 05-06-2009 at 04:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »