Home

That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5)

This is a discussion on That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-25-2009, 04:04 AM   #209
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: That's Football...That's Life:Matt10's Houston Texans (NFL 2k5)

Wide receiver, Andre Johnson, has been voted into the 2009 Pro Bowl.

Gary Kubiak on Johnson: "It's a great salutation to one of the league's best receivers. Andre definitely deserved this honor."

Offensive tackle, Ryan Clady, has been voted into the 2009 Pro Bowl.

Gary Kubiak on Clady: "We had a fair share of difficulty on the line this year, it's admirable to see that Ryan pushed through all the doubt and received an invite."

Offensive tackle, Duane Brown, has been voted into the 2009 Pro Bowl.

Gary Kubiak on Brown: "Duane is a player who does not give up on any play - and it is no surprise that he has been selected for his efforts."

Last edited by Matt10; 11-25-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:40 AM   #210
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Free Safety, Nick Ferguson (79 Ovr), has decided to hang up his helmet on his 11-year career. The Houston Texans do not plan on convincing him out of retirement.

Gary Kubiak on Ferguson: "This is a vacancy that will be hard to fill, almost impossible. Nick finished the season with six interceptions - he always comes out of no where plays and makes decisions that are nine times out of ten times the best ones. I can't say enough about how much I respect Nick - I hope he stays with the Texans family."

Rick Smith on Ferguson: "It's bittersweet for the Texans losing Nick Ferguson. Our secondary will be a bit askew for now - but I do have an announcement, more like a sneak peek, that Nick will remain part of the Houston Texans family - how he will contribute, I will announce later on. I wish Nick and his family all the best."

Running Back, Ahman Green (77 Ovr), has decided to remove his name from the retirement list. Green has accepted a 2-year contract extension from the Houston Texans.

Gary Kubiak on Green: "When I heard Ahman was going to hang em up - I thought 'no possible way' - he is a key part of why we are where we are. From a lousy season last year, to one I can be proud of this year. Ahman is the veteran the young guys need - the guy who can get the job done every Sunday."

Tight End, Mark Bruener (70 Ovr), has decided to hang up his helmet on his 16-year career. The Houston Texans do not plan on convincing him out of retirement.

Gary Kubiak on Bruener: "The man ends an illustrious career on a high I believe. Mark Bruener is a highly underrated tight-end, and his never give up attitude is complimentary to the kind of athlete he is."

Rick Smith on Bruener: "We are surely going to miss his efforts and contributions to the team and community of Houston."

Running Back, Ron Dayne (69 Ovr), has decided to hang up his helmet on his 11-year career. The Houston Texans do not plan on convincing him out of retirement.

Gary Kubiak on Dayne: "One of the greater college football players the game has seen - I think he had a great NFL career as well. We will miss Ron's effort on the practice field and the crucial yards that he produced when we needed him the most."
Old 11-25-2009, 04:52 AM   #211
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

The following is the CAP DATA before 2010 re-signings.

2010 RE-SIGNINGS
  • QB Matt Schaub - 2yrs/$9.90m (85ovr)
  • HB Chris Johnson - 2yrs/$5.50m (80ovr)
  • HB Steve Slaton - 2yrs/$6.71m (77ovr)
  • FB Vonta Leach - 2yrs/$4.84m (80ovr)
  • T Duane Brown - 2yrs/$8.07m (83ovr)
  • CB Dunta Robinson - 3yrs/$9.06m (80ovr)
2010 RELEASED/WAIVED PLAYERS
  • DT DeJuan Robinson (69ovr)
The following is the CAP DATA after 2010 re-signings.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 05:30 AM   #212
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Old 11-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #213
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

The following is a breakdown of management's mindset on Free Agency. The signing(s) are based on team needs and/or organization's desire to improve certain areas.

Team Needs: CB (5/6), FS (1/2), TE (1/2)

Cap Room: $10.07M
  • Cornerbacks on Team: D.Robinson (80) C.Finnegan (79) A.Molden (72) K.Lewis (71) D.Scott (69)
  • Free Safety on Team: W.Demps (72)
  • Tight Ends on Team: O.Daniels (87) J.Dreessen (73)
GOAL
We are trying to sneak in whoever we can really. With limited cap room there will have to be some sort of significance in the player(s) signed.

SOLUTION
  • Wide receiver, Chad Jackson (80 ovr) has been released from the team.
  • Offensive tackle, Rashad Butler (74 ovr)) has been released from the team.
  • Outside linebacker, Chaun Thompson (69 ovr), has been released from the team.
  • Cornerback, Demarcus Scott (69 ovr)has been released from the team.
Adjusted Cap Room: $13.11M

REFLECTION
It's not easy to let go of some of these guys - Chad Jackson in particular who is a rising star. However, the free agents that are available are in a posiiton to make a difference to a team that does not want to rebuild any longer.

RESULT
FA Cornerback, Antonio Cromartie (90 ovr), has been signed by the Houston Texans for $33.34M, 6 years.
Gary Kubiak on Cromartie: "Last season he led his team (San Diego) with 7 interceptions. He joins the ranks of Dunta Robinson, Cortland Finnegan - it is going to be a real battle, and I think this is exactly what we needed to do this offseason."
Rick Smith on Cromartie: "Just a superb talent that this guy has. We are confident our defense will be feared now."

FA Center, Nick Cole (82 ovr), has been signed by the Houston Texans for $16.74M, 6 years.
Gary Kubiak on Cole: "We expect Nick to be a driving force for protecting the quarterback next year. He is going to breed some competition with Chris Myers (86 ovr). Eitherway, I think this was a great signing for us."

FA Defensive End, Matt Roth (83 ovr), has been signed by the Houston Texans for $13.55M, 5 years.
Gary Kubiak on Roth: "This guy quietly recorded 50 tackles last year. He is a real go-getter, he has some good agility and a smart head on his shoulders. I think Matt is going to fit right in, and has a good chance of starting right away alongside Mario (Williams) on the line."

NFL FAW SIGNINGS
49ers - DE Shaun Smith (79)
Bengals - SS Adam Archuleta (72)
Broncos - CB Kelly Jennings (71), CB Fred Bennett (71), DT J'Vonne Parker (77)
Browns - WR Mario Manningham (82)
Bucs - LB Matt McCoy (67), LB Bobby Carpenter (70), CB Charles Woodson (77)
Cards - LB Marques Harris (68), DT La'Roi Glover (77)
San Diego - CB Maurice Leggett (70)
Chiefs - QB Shaun Hill (74), TE Michael Gaines (73)
Giants - WR Chad Jackson (81)
Jets - FB Lousaka Polite (74)
Packers - DT Marcus Stroud (86)
Patriots - LB Barrett Ruud (83)
Ravens - CB Damarcus Scott (69), WR Jabar Gaffney (78)
Seahawks - WR Keary Colbert (78), WR Vincent Jackson (84), CB Marlin Jackson (80)
Steelers - TE Sean Ryan (74), DE Dwight Freeney (91)
Texans - CB Antonio Cromartie (90), C Nick Cole (82), DE Matt Roth (83)
Titans - LB Dontarrious Thomas (71), FS Nick Collins (77)

Last edited by Matt10; 11-26-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:10 AM   #214
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Alan Burge, Houston Texans Examiner
Slaton shipped out
Texans nab third overall pick from Bengals

For those that don't remember, before this afternoon, we did not have a first overall pick. Kubie and Smitty over there dealed that out at the beginning of this year when we traded (sigh) Graham Harrell for Ryan Clady.

So what exciting drama was in store for this upcoming season?

Well, next season all those #20 jersey's will have someone else's name on them, and it won't say "SLATON".

That's right, Steve Slaton has been the top story in the league today. The Texans have stated that the back was "disgruntled" and the Bengals organization expressed their interest behind closed doors.

According to sources, Slaton was frustrated last year to not being picked as the backup to starter Chris Johnson. Despite Johnson's exit in mid-season, Coach Kubiak chose to play veteran Ahman Green. What made matters worse as of late in Slaton's view, was the fact that Green's contract was renewed.

Of course, Mr. Slaton is unavailable to confirm or deny - but you can't blame the guy for thinking that way.

As for the Bengals side of thing, they need some serious help on the defensive side of things, but Marvin White is a practical "no-name" from TCU, adding the fact that Taylor Mays is coming off of a 150+ tackle season - he was expendable.

Now then, what about giving up the third pick in this year's draft? That is where the bone-head discussion begin. Is Slaton that great of a player that the Bengals are looking to improve their offense when in fact their defense was the the worst in the NFL last year?

Boneheads. Oh, well - thank you very much.

The Specifics
Not even on paper

We are going to need a running back now you know...

Old 11-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #215
Pro

OVR: 16

Damn, someone has some problems at running back, haha...

Good luck in the draft with trying to get an RB...

But everyone point and laugh at the Bengals who have truly earned the nickname, the "Bungals" with that trade.

I actually think that in that trade, their are no clear winners or losers. Just bad decisions on both ends. The Bungals lost an asset on defense, even though he was expendable, and lost the 3rd overall pick. The Texans lost their top RB, and now are forced to deal with Ahman Green in the backfield, unless you have some tricks up your sleeve.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #216
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Damn, someone has some problems at running back, haha...

Good luck in the draft with trying to get an RB...

But everyone point and laugh at the Bengals who have truly earned the nickname, the "Bungals" with that trade.

I actually think that in that trade, their are no clear winners or losers. Just bad decisions on both ends. The Bungals lost an asset on defense, even though he was expendable, and lost the 3rd overall pick. The Texans lost their top RB, and now are forced to deal with Ahman Green in the backfield, unless you have some tricks up your sleeve.
Thus the notion of Mr. Burge playing off how dumb the Bengals really are. Believe me though, it was very tempting to trade for Taylor Mays - but I do not believe that would be very realistic, considering he was a stud for them last year - plus I already grabbed Cromartie in some fashion.

TBH there is no intent to grab an RB with the third pick, unless someone stands out, in the draft. Having CJ and Green is adequate enough, some scrub can backup the "old guy". We need talent at ILB, WR - top priorities there.

I will have an update on some of the names of rooks. At first I didn't want to create real rooks - but I figured it out, I won't make 230 like I did before though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »